It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well to me this is funny. Somebody posted a sign on a New Jersey Post office saying March is national stop blaming white people month.

Of course people were triggered and screaming racism and they are going to launch an investigation to find the dastardly racist scum that would dare put up a sign.

I never understood black history month , to me black history and white history here is just American history.

There does not need to be a distinction and it only serves to keep us divided .

Greg Kliemisch, a USPS postal inspector, told NJ.com that the sign was discovered Thursday by postal employees, and was immediately removed.

Posting signs of any kind -- controversial or not -- at the post office is “strictly prohibited,” Kliemisch said.

The sign drew the ire of Flemington Councilwoman Betsy Driver, who criticized it on the public “Flemington Forward” Facebook group.

www.foxnews.com...

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I figured it would be southern common sense....

I like that is New Jersey..........he he he

edit on 4-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+49 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I actually approve of the sign. Wish more people would stand up and be proud of their heritage and who they are as a race. Instead they cower and hide at any chance and get stepped on by other races.

There will be a time when the “race card” has been drawn for the last time. Or better yet when whites can have leverage of what is or isn’t racist.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
a reply to: notsure1

I actually approve of the sign. Wish more people would stand up and be proud of their heritage and who they are as a race. Instead they cower and hide at any chance and get stepped on by other races.

There will be a time when the “race card” has been drawn for the last time. Or better yet when whites can have leverage of what is or isn’t racist.

I agree. Pretty soon though, the left is going to have to find another word to replace "racist". Because people are starting to no longer care about the label, since it's thrown around so often when someone simply disagrees with lefty ideals.

I've actually been saying this for years. The first sign of the bs I noticed was when dems started calling anyone not voting for Obama racist. Stupid # imo.

The left has shot themselves in the foot with identity politics and they will pay for it, even years from now.
edit on 5-3-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The left needs a new playbook. It is hard to gain yards when the other teams know a run is coming.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sounds like someone trying to perpetuate racism passive aggressively to me. I'm sure they knew what the reaction from people would be which is why they probably did it. I don't really care though, people can do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and it's pretty dumb to launch an investigation on it, waste of taxpayer money.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
"Stop Blaming White People' sign at post office draws ire, prompts investigation".

What say you?
Ire has been drawn? Oh my!

Being proud of one's color of skin: is quite ridiculous.
'Cause you had nothing to do with it.

Are you proud of having 10 toes?
Are you proud of having elbows?

Ego-traps are about. Can you see any?

+29 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sounds like someone trying to perpetuate racism passive aggressively to me. I'm sure they knew what the reaction from people would be which is why they probably did it. I don't really care though, people can do what they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and it's pretty dumb to launch an investigation on it, waste of taxpayer money.

Perpetuate? No. Not even the slightest.

It’s more or less combating the barrage of racism towards Caucasians. Albeit in a passive aggressive way.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

It’s more or less combating the barrage of racism towards Caucasians.

A.k.a. perpetuating racism.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

It’s more or less combating the barrage of racism towards Caucasians.

A.k.a. perpetuating racism.

Nvm. Forget it!
edit on 5-3-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

+55 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So the true way to combat racism is to become apathetic? Let other people that “cannot be racist” be racist to us because they can? When should it end? When we give everything to them? When we become their slaves? When we pay them “I’m sorry” money each month? When we vacate our homes for their families free of charge?

Not one of us took part of the slave trade for either side. Not one person here was a slaver nor a slave. We are born all the same. So why should we take the blame for which we had NOTHING to do with.

I am Irish, do you see me rallying for Irishman of the old days and the horrors they endured in their indentured servitude? Or would that be considered racist because I am indeed white?

For a username such as yours you seem pretty far away from “enlightened”
edit on 5-3-2018 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
RA
edit on 5-3-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

So the true way to combat racism is to become apathetic? Let other people that “cannot be racist” be racist to us because they can? When should it end? When we give everything to them? When we become their slaves? When we pay them “I’m sorry” money each month? When we vacate our homes for their families free of charge?

For a username such as yours you seem pretty far away from “enlightened”

Isn't it madness that you are called racist for simply defending yourself from the pervasive, agenda driven media onslaught?

As for that person's username, I actually see people call out the blatant hypocrisy of it about every other week. 😂

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Your hyperbole doesn't apply to my beliefs or opinions.

The person who put this poster up never thought it would inspire anyone to hug white people, they used it as race bait plain and simple. But like I said, they could put a thousand of them up and I wouldn't care any more than I do now but I can still recognize the intent behind such a thing being done.

The fact that the police got involved enough to start an investigation and that the MSM is reporting on it makes me think it wasn't just some nobody who did it to "fight racism" but certain people trying to push a narrative that the media is more than happy to report on in order to perpetuate their own racist agenda onto the rest of their viewer base.

Please, stop assuming what I believe. I'm sure if the poster had "white people" replaced with "black people" you'd have the same stance I have right now. Be honest with yourself.
edit on 3/5/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

As for that person's username, I actually see people call out the blatant hypocrisy of it about every other week. 😂

Because they have to resort to my username to make themselves feel better about their opinions probably. The lowest form of debate is personal attacks on someone.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

There is such a thing as black history month, which by force by guilt, we as a country have to ALL take part in for fear of being considered racist if we do not collectively accept and participate.

That is me being honest with myself.

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

If anybody who saw that sign got a little laugh out of it, I'd say it's a step in the right direction.

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Because they have to resort to my username to make themselves feel better about their opinions probably. The lowest form of debate is personal attacks on someone.

Or.........or they are making a hilarious observation about the irony.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I don't take part in it and I've never been forced to take part in it. I think the idea of black history month is dumb personally because it only serves the purpose of highlighting our differences and opening old wounds every year.

In what way are you forced to participate in BHM exactly? I've barely even noticed it was a thing this year and many years prior, but maybe that's because I don't watch TV or the media.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

You are confusing a personal attack for an observation. I would say the same thing about a black haired blue eyed person that decided their user name was going to be “redheadnbrowneyez”

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join