It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Swamp Has Won

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

No, he didn't. He promised insurance for everyone, even the poor (which they already have through medicaid). Never said it was free that I can recall.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
The swamp is everyone who operates on the level that Trump does,

And if you feel that you got duped, its on you,

Meh - We could've had Hillary at the helm. It would've been worse.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I do not believe what the swamp says!

I believe what a reasonable analysis of silly little things like facts tell me. Swamp people tell you that they are going to continue illegal wars, continue to undervalue ground level workers, and over reward elitists and executives. Swamp people tell you that a nation which is bathed in so much sunlight as the United States, needs nuclear power, when solar power is better and if implemented by people whose interest is providing power to homes first, second and third, and making heaps of cash a distant last, would solve the energy needs of vast tracts of your country. Those same swamp monsters shill for fossil fuels as well, something which should be heading the way of the dodo by this point in history, and is only being kept alive because idiots decided that basing dollar value on the cost of oil was wise.

I have no time for any of these corporatist disease spreading parasites.

And as for the things he has done on every other issue, all the things that man has done, have made a total bloody shambles of an already difficult situation! He has not actually improved anything! He has made programs which were at least heading toward universality, absolutely exclusive, set the civil rights situation back forty years, and stuck his middle finger up at people who sacrificed their lives for the country he leads! Look at his solution to the cross border immigration issue! He refuses to accept that the drivers of migration are the continued ownership of the cartels by CIA cadres, operating beyond and above the law, so rather than deal with that problem, he wants to stick a huge, costly, pointless wall, that will be circumvented faster than you can say "Security override? Gracias, agent Smith", on the border instead!

In short, yes it was the old reverse psychology, and no, that is not the only thing that particular trick has been used to get by your people of late. Look at how many alleged democrats in congress and senate own shares in companies or investments in the fossil fuels market, look at how many people who you claim to be swamp monsters, have the EXACT same interests financially as your Golden idiot. Its a crap show, its a ruse, and its so thin that the only way you could miss it, is if you really wanted to in your heart of hearts.

I admire your idealistic view, your simpletons approach to these matters, because it requires that everyone not just play their part, but believe in it too. But the trouble with that approach is that it is unfit for purpose. The reality is that focusing on immigration, scapegoating immigrants as the cause of problems which are actually caused by systemic abuse of the system by those who benefit most from it, is what ACTUALLY damages your country, what ACTUALLY leads to wage crises, what ACTUALLY contributes most to your national debt, what ACTUALLY leads to your veterans being untreated for PTSD, what ACTUALLY leads to hard working people being put on the street because their hard work is not enough to earn them enough to avoid the gutter.

It always was, it always will be, because nothing has changed in real terms. The words used to describe the situation have become prettier, and the Dems of Hillarys sort merely know how to dress mutton so it looks like lamb, because they are the same creatures as those they claim to oppose. Right wing, corporatist appeasing slime of low moral character and huge ego.

What is needed, in every place where a worker is not properly rewarded for their effort, is a rebalancing away from the few at the top, in the favour of the many at the bottom and those in the middle. This you cannot get from a right or centre right political movement, which is what the mainstream Dems have become. Mainstream Dems are all about capitalism at any expense, even that of the lives of innocent people around the world, and in their own nation. Something different, something less right wing, more people powered and humble, compassionate, decent and above all things kind and fair, is required, and the longer you keep pretending otherwise out of a refusal to accept responsibility for the future of your people and the species as a whole, the longer it will continue to get worse, and worse and worse, as it is right this very minute.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Interesting distractions being thrown about. Let clear some things up. Trump was never to have been the real hero. He was to be the key (or lock picker if you want) to get a real problem solver in there. A test balloon to see if an outsider could become president. I said years ago, what we need is a real John Wayne type of person to fix the problems. Reagan knew it and acted like it, which was enough to break the USSR, but not enough to cut it at home.

Trump has kinda acted like it as well. What you are seeing is the wear down and breaking of character. Which is understandable because the president’s power is derived from the people. Article 2 is very clear on the subject. A president has all the power needed and outlined to become a true dictator. But in order to wield that level of power he must be supported by the people wholeheartedly. As in John Wayne gathering up a posse to kick some serious ass type of support.

Trump doesn’t have that nor would he ever. But Trump does prove that it is possible for one to enter the presidency that could. Who? I don’t know because that person is hidden until they are ready to come out and grab the reigns of this runaway horse. Until then Trump can test balloon policy ideas to gauge public opinion. Unfortunately given Trump’s nature, he might mamby pamby ideas for popularity contests just like Obama did for the approval ratings.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

LOL, why would that matter in a trade war?

Because a trade war will result in higher inflation , a poorer populace and job losses.
Lol all you like but it is you who will feel the pinch.

That's nothing compared to obama's 110% increase

Obama saved your country from a depression and handed Trump a relatively stable economy to wreck which he seems intent on doing.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Your first mistake was having big expectations for Trump. I mean, really? Really? This guy is a puppet and has been all along. The idea that they'd really let someone they can't control get anywhere near TWH is nuts.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Or maybe, just maybe, Trump is as much a part of the swamp as everybody else around him. And he just lied about cleaning it up.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Is the swamp winning or is justice being served? I guess that depends on the eye of the beholder. Personally I think Trump's rabbit hole is much deeper than anyone imagined. I also think Bilary's rabbit hole is way way deeper than anyone imagined.

We're gonna see some humpty dumpty's fall and it's going to be great. Let's see how this plays out. Because to quote Jim Morrison "No one here gets out alive."

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

This thread really drives home how lost a lot of you guys are. At no point do you ever blame Trump for his missteps. It's always someone else. When you can't blame Democrats or liberals, you eat one of Trump's own. In this case Sessions (a man who supported Trump before most of you, btw).

Did it ever occur to you that Deep State may be a product of the imagination?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I watched a movie tonight.

It was called "Real Steel," all about a kid who wanted to fight his salvage-yard robot, Adam, and his estranged father who could fight robots but was always held down by TPTB. It was a lot of fun to watch.

There was one scene that reminds me of this: Adam is fighting the champion, Zeus. Zeus is bigger, more powerful, and has a more advanced AI system. During the match, it's almost all Zeus, with Adam getting in a few good shots but usually picking himself up off the ring floor. In the next-to-last round, Zeus manages to beat Adam so bad his voice interface goes out. He's helpless, unable to hear commands. The kid engages "shadow mode," which lets Adam mimic the moves the kid's father makes, and they start the final round.

Adam is on the ropes, unable (seemingly) to fight back. Zeus is beating the dickens out of him. Adam just takes it and takes it, the kid is screaming at his dad to fight back, and the dad keeps saying "not yet." Finally, Zeus' power runs low, and Adam makes his move. He completely destroys Zeus after that, and almost wins the championship, but Zeus is saved by the final bell. Still, the kid has proven what he wanted to prove: he could build a fighting robot that could challenge the champion, from a junkyard.

That phrase, "not yet," keeps popping into my mind. It's not time. The opponent's power has not yet faltered, but it will. Don't sell Trump short, nor Sessions. Trump has used Twitter to draw out his enemies... now he is drawing them into his trap by acting like they've won. Once they enter the trap... then it's time.

Gun control? Nope. He's focusing on mental health, allowing for a raise in the minimum age to buy. DACA amnesty? Nope, he's making that path to citizenship very long and very hard, and taking out the uncontrolled chain immigration dynamic. What does he get for this? He gets to show the American people, the ones who are not rabidly screaming for his head 24/7, that he's not a hard-line conservative, but he's also letting his base see that he won't completely abandon his principles. What do the American people see in Congress? "Give us DACA! No, no, not that much DACA! Tax cuts won't help! All that extra money isn't as good as you think it is! More gun control! No, no, we can't do mental health too! We want Obamacare back, so we can do mental health!" Confusion and hypocrisy and smoke and mirrors.

Oakland just stepped into the trap. All Trump needs is one heinous crime committed by an illegal immigrant, and it's jail time for the mayor and a disgraced sanctuary city. That will be along soon. I've been getting the feeling that Mueller has already started looking into Clinton's Russia connections. That should pop out into the public eye right about perfectly timed for the 2018 elections. We, those who don't have the inside info, just have to be patient.

It will be time soon.

TheRedneck

I thought you guys hate when Hollyweird elites shove politics in entertainment though.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

he has total authority over executive branch departments. i.e. doj,dod and the rest he can fire secretaries at will.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Correction. He will be removed from office. He will probably go to jail afterward but he will definitely be removed from office. Hey another first he can add to his list.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Well they are investigating every republican on the house investigative committee for leaking. So I guess there's that.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Where are they again. Muellers sealed indictments are only kept sealed until the next available court date. So far the four that have been sealed have been unsealed within twenty four to forty eight hours.

Oh yeah he's saving all the swamp ones for after he's done screwing with trump I guess. We only have to wait. The storm is coming. The letter Q said so. Lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Like the memo right?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

edit on 352018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That alone could end his presidency.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Read up on the topic. Most politicians despite popular brief do keep campaign promises.
It's a common misconception. Kind of like when they say the weather forecasters are never right. They actually are correct most of the time.
Still people keep repeating these cliches like they are gospel.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Nunes is going to be arrested . No one should be listening to him.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join