It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: EU Unveils Laws that Protect Airline Passenger Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good news for European Union fliers; effective Thursday new laws go into effect forcing the airlines to pay huge reimbursements for denying boarding to any passenger with a confirmed ticket. The fines to curb overbooking could reach 600 euros ($780).

story.news.yahoo.com
Laws come into effect across the European Union on Thursday to provide airline passengers with hefty compensation for overbooking, excessive delays and cancellations.

The regulations cover flights canceled and delayed because of bad weather and mechanical problems, but exclude labor strikes and the possibility of terrorism.

Airlines have complained that the rules are unclear and could raise the cost of tickets. They are taking the case to court, but the European Commission expects the new legislation to stand.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am sure happy for those of you in Europe who fly, now unlike US flyers you can get reimbursed for the needless overbooking practices of the airlines.

Frankly; I think this is long overdue and I hope that the US and other nations will follow the European Unions new laws.

[edit on 2/16/2005 by shots]

new topics

join