It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreknowledge is not Fixed Fate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If our soul exist in the perfect state in the timeless void then its our free will to dream of imperfections in this ephemeral void. When we are ready to repell all egoistic pleasures for the sake of spiritual perfection we will awaken from that dream. So in effect we can not see the Father without first realizing the Son. The Son being realization of our true egoless self the voice within.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Other threads touching on the more "philosophical" aspects of the Biblical God;
One way of defining the Christian God
The "Beyond God" questions
edit on 19-3-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The difference is in determism which can be known vs novelty.. which cant be known until the time of.. there is potential for pure novelty but it may or not be in the future..

posted on Mar, 20 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Very good thread OP,

You’ve gone into great detail pertaining to one of the greatest topics there ever was , and one of the most controversial topics in the world in my honest belief

My heart leads towards believing free will is real and God works his foreknowledge around that .

A lot of the convincing , theologically intense talks from prominent Calvinist speakers have left me conflicted and thinking in my head maybe they are right though ..

And Gods foreknowledge is there because he also predestines the actions and fate of every human being on this planet ..

If the world were a perfect place and none of us suffered all of us would certainly not bother to wrestle with this topic.

But the implications aren’t good if all this evil , pain and suffering exist and our actions equate to absolutely nothing , nor can they change anything for the good .

I hope the Calvinists are wrong because that would make God the author of all evil
edit on 20-3-2018 by freedom7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
the hairs on our head are numbered, nothing we do surprises God. We choose our daily actions, but God knows those who ultimately choose and follow the Path that He left for us. This is the nature of the elect. Jesus mentions the paradoxical impossibility of the elect being deceived out of their destiny in Matthew 24:24

top topics

<< 1   >>

join