It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Nightline's Ted Kopel Is Now Ted Koppel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Was watching the news this morning. One anchor looked like a cross between Ted Kopel and Robert Plant.. So I tried to looking up Ted Kopel images on my phone to show the wife, only the phone wouldn't complete the search (weird behavior - I tried several times). Eventually I tried by slowly typing out the name and the suggestion for "Koppel" came up so I clicked it - and there he was.

Out of curiosity I tried the search as "Ted Kopel" -Koppel and results came flooding in (residue).

Books:
Full Size

Inside book - note caption:
Full Size

GettyImages:
Full Size

IMDB:
Full Size

He has always been Kopel to myself and the wife, but there's no need to qualify. As far as I know this is another ATS exclusive. How do you remember his name being spelled?

So Mr. Kopel has always been Koppel, obliviously..

Book authors, editors and proof-readers misspell the primary subject of the book, then sell it and folks buy it. The well respected GettyImages are fine with publishing errors, details are an after thought.. IMDB can't be trusted. A portion of the population are just bad at spelling..

..Case solved?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Yea. Case solved. Grammar is hard. Some people have trouble with it.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

When did you change your name from Pearlj?

I have a feeling I may have asked this before.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

He has always been Kopel to myself and the wife, but there's no need to qualify. As far as I know this is another ATS exclusive. How do you remember his name being spelled?

and you still cant see the correlation or should I say how can you still deny the correlation between almost all Mandela effects?

Book authors, editors and proof-readers misspell the primary subject of the book, then sell it and folks buy it. The well respected GettyImages are fine with publishing errors, details are an after thought.. IMDB can't be trusted. A portion of the population are just bad at spelling.. ..Case solved?

are you joking or can you can actually see the correlation and how it fits like a glove to the human psyche?

It doesn't have to bad spellers, its could simply be a mistake.

many make the same mistake.

Its not like the first human to burn their hand in fire was the only one to make that mistake.

However, the logic you try and push to find answers points to the above, mistakes don't happen, people cannot be wrong other than the ones using logic and reason to explain things.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's true that when timelines change, they leave insignificant traces so that those more astute can unravel the fabric of alternate timelines.

They do this on purpose... so.. you know, threads.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

When did you change your name from Pearlj?

I have a feeling I may have asked this before.

I don't know about you, but I can't find any oysters with pears in them these days.

Just those shiny hard round things. Was never that way before... Makes serving up pear soup a chore, having all those darned little obnoxious hard things in them.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I thought by now people had gotten over this nonsense. There's been a ton of stuff written, blogged, youtubed and
televised about this silly issue.

When a name can easily be misspelled (like Koppel), it will be. All the time.

Some woman uploaded a YouTube video a couple years ago about Reba McEntire which she claimed proved the Mandela
effect was real. The woman said she had magazines that had the name spelled "McIntire".

A journalist did less than 2 hours research, and found that publications, radio station ads, TV channel guide listings, and internet sources had the singers last name up to five different ways. MacIntire, McEntyre, MacIntire, etc, etc...
All it took was a little logic and a minimal amount of research.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I distinctly remember his name being Tedd .
Tedd Mandelastein Koppellll.
2 'D's, 4 'L's.

I am waiting for a thread about how 'E' came before 'I' except after 'C' in some alternative timeline.

Faulty memories, that is all it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
"What a load of old bollocks", is what my old granny Elsie would have said

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Yea. Case solved. Grammar is hard. Some people have trouble with it.

Just like vocabulary is hard for some people?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I always had an issue with remembering Ted Koppel and Bernie Kopell myself.

Thank you for reminding me...Ted has 2 Ps and Bernie has 2 Ls. I am forever grateful.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

where are you from stranger and why did you come here? it's always been "koppel" to me...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My god these threads are assholes magnets. I love how confident assholes are.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
dint you say sometime ago that you would exit ats? looks like you are full force

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure it's actually ked toppel.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

dint you say sometime ago that you would exit ats? looks like you are full force

Holy Crap ! Right here in this thread is an example of a ME.
"Dint" in my time line was always "Didn't" without any doubts what so ever.
edit on 3/4/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

no thats just an good ol' classic case of bad english
its really spelled din't but i am lazy and all

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

I understand...and it was kinda of my point in regards to the Mandella Effect all together...people misspelling and faulty memories and we are all lazy sometimes

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Maybe there's a Koppel of them!

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
To be honest I don’t really know how his name was or is spelled.
If you’d have done a poll asking me to choose which I think it was (without googling) I’d have gone with one P though.

In other words, by the time you read through the thread it taints your true thoughts. I only choose one P going by what I thought before I read the other replies. I still wouldn’t call varied spellings a Mandela though

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join