It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You see a tree I see 100 tons of dirt

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
A lot of people suggest global warming is causing the oceans to rise because of expansion. That is true, a little water will rise from heat expansion. What is really our problem though is that we have cut down quadrillions of tons of dirt every few years. 1 tree can produce over 1000 tons of dirt in a lifetime. We take down a few hundred thousand trees every day all over the world, which means we are cutting down millions of tons of dirt everyday. We are losing ground, the water is only rising a little. How can scientists not see that you ask?, they do, they just don't make money off truth. Everyone loves magic. Also, we have put a sextillion tons of metal/plastic/diamonds in one place like say ny city or atlanta. All of that weight in one place is causing shifts in the ground, cities start to sink, other lands around rise, earthquakes happen, volcanoes get pressurized. Try putting a hundred pound rock on a wooden table right in the middle, where will the tablequake happen?, there will more than likely be multiple fractures. The oceans aren't so much as rising as we are taking away dirt & making the land unbearably heavy & uneven. True facts, improbable to stop, the apocolyspe is nye.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

DUDE! PARAGRAPHS PLEEEASE?

A hundred pound rock will not break a wooden table btw.

Edit: Unless the table is made of balsa wood or plywood (maybe)...
edit on 4-3-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Lol i'm spellin' correctly now, babysteps. haha maybe a thin wooden table. Do you see what I mean by trees bein' dirt & puttin' to much weight in one place though?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
1 tree can produce over 1000 tons of dirt in a lifetime.

Assume you mean leaves, branches and ultimately the trunk at the end of its life as the "dirt". The tree is not a net contributor to "dirt" and what you are seeing is biology and chemistry turning "things" into "things". What goes into the tree (basic school-age stuff here), goes back into the ground.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Atlanta isn't sinking. I just looked out of the window and all appears to be the same. You and Hank Johnson might be onto something though.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yeah it's the seed that makes it all, I should of said tree seed. haha a handfull of seeds is a potential 100,000t dirt. The smaller vegitation produces a lot of dirt too.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Yes, it's not an implausible theory. Land can indeed sink. There are many examples of it here in the UK where large buildings have been built on old garbage tips, marshland etc.

May I ask why you've had trouble with English grammar?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

A lot of people suggest global warming is causing the oceans to rise because of expansion. That is true, a little water will rise from heat expansion. What is really our problem though is that we have cut down quadrillions of tons of dirt every few years. 1 tree can produce over 1000 tons of dirt in a lifetime. We take down a few hundred thousand trees every day all over the world, which means we are cutting down millions of tons of dirt everyday. We are losing ground, the water is only rising a little. How can scientists not see that you ask?, they do, they just don't make money off truth. Everyone loves magic. Also, we have put a sextillion tons of metal/plastic/diamonds in one place like say ny city or atlanta. All of that weight in one place is causing shifts in the ground, cities start to sink, other lands around rise, earthquakes happen, volcanoes get pressurized. Try putting a hundred pound rock on a wooden table right in the middle, where will the tablequake happen?, there will more than likely be multiple fractures. The oceans aren't so much as rising as we are taking away dirt & making the land unbearably heavy & uneven. True facts, improbable to stop, the apocolyspe is nye.

The vast majority of the mass of a tree (or any plant for that matter) is not 'dirt' and does not come from 'dirt'.

Plants are mostly carbon - and that carbon comes almost entirely from the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I was one of the best in class lol, I don't think english grammer or any ol' age tounge will survive space. brb wtf asap btw emojis, I think will make it. & I don't think the cities will sink lol not more than a few cm every few years, but the land around them like 200-500 miles away will break like an earthquake

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

As a treeworker lol I seen many logs & plants turn to dirt, idk where the microscopic stuff goes.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This is a microscopic topic that osculates nonsense through binocular optics, synapses & molecular robotics. My concious is tellin' me that those felony links will make me nausiously vomit all over my sink. lol jk

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I just read em', I don't see anythin' that debunks these facts though?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Are you trying to say that trees make dirt? And that buildings are weighing cities down to the point that they are sinking? And thus raising the water table of the ocean?

Can an opinion be any less informed?

Nvmd, I’m not joining this conversation.
edit on 4-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Trees make a lot of dirt, I live where there are trees all around, most of our hills have risen a foot give or take, depending on location. & I don't think sink more than a few cm every few years, the cities weight put a lot of pressure on the ground, which the earth wasn't built to hold obviously. It will cause abnormal earthquakes from the uneveness, and abnormal pressure for say a supervolcano like yellowstone or any ol' small volcano. That much weight effect a wide range like 100s of miles out

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Universe seeks Balance. Global Plant Growth (BioCanopy) has increased by over 30% due to CO2 emissions. Everything has it's tides. The Swing of the Pendulum to the Left, Equals the Swing of the Pendulum to the Right. Rhythm Compensates. ~ The Kybalion
wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Apparently areas that were once covered in glaciers during the last ice age, like Michigan and the Great Lakes basin, are slowly rising after the glaciers retreated. Not to mention some mountain ranges are rising and volcanoes are depositing new material on the surface all the time.

Concerning trees adding to topsoil, I don't think that they add that much IMO. Around here, after around 10,000 years of plant and tree growth, there is only around four inches of top soil over the glacially deposited sand and gravel beds. To spite all the leaves that fall each autumn, and the huge piles I make when I rake them, they decay after a season or two and flatten right out adding little to the layer of topsoil.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Trees don't make dirt, but they act as a kind of filter, so dirt has the tendency of accumulating near trees. Also, the roots help to make the soil stronger against erosion from wind and rain, so places with trees are less affected by erosion.

It's true that some cities are sinking, but that's more a result of them being built in places where the ground is not strong enough to hold them. As the ground is not strong enough, the cities sink, but the ground around them doesn't break, because it's not strong enough. Your table analogy doesn't apply, as the situation is closer (but not the same) to putting that 100 pound rock on a foam mattress.

One reason some cities sink (like Beijing) is the fact that they extract water from the ground for the people and the industries in those cities, making the ground less stable than it was. You can read here a study about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

This is a microscopic topic that osculates nonsense through binocular optics, synapses & molecular robotics. My concious is tellin' me that those felony links will make me nausiously vomit all over my sink. lol jk

Gotta say this is the best response yet....doesn't make any sense but who cares, it's poetic.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

I agree, I think all the metal we have taken out of the ground has to be processed back to a neutral standpoint naturally. Volcanoes molted lava will sychronize the metal back through earths decompartmentalization.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join