It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im Curious... what will you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

No. I know how to spell hyperbole.

I was going for an adverb. If I got it wrong, what is the correct spelling?
edit on 3/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

"Hyperbolishly" springs to mind. I could be way off here.

Really, though, I was simply being glib.

Hyperbolic in a sense.
edit on 3/3/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/3/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I have pondered this very same question, and I can tell you this.

Getting my gun from my "cold dead hand" is not just a bumper sticker, its a way of life for many folks. And this is not your stereotypical gun toting beer drinking shoot a possum just for fun hillbilly or redneck. Most of these people have an understanding of History if you notice. These are regular God fearing people young and old, rural and urban dwellers that know if you give up your guns to people that have guns then you are at their mercy.

Being at the mercy of other people with guns does not work out so well for the disarmed if you look at history.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've been curious about a couple of things.

Does that make me bi-curious?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Gun ownership is a line in the sand type issue for millions of Americans. I would defend my home against anyone who attempted to enter my property and disarm me.
edit on 2018/3/3 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Hyperbolically.

To the O.P. Your thread title implies this threat is imminent. I suggest: What would you do?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

Hyperbolically.

I considered that, but thought it might be more mathematic terminology. Having to do with a hyperbola. As in, the comet was travelling hyperbolically.

Spell check doesn't like hyperbolically any more than it likes what I wrote.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caroline13456

Hyperbolically.

To the O.P. Your thread title implies this threat is imminent. I suggest: What would you do?

im from the great white north my friend... We don't have this issue...

Biggest threat i have is this damn moose licking holes in my igloo

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
DP
edit on 3-3-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Do they want the bullets first?

edit on 3-3-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Never happen.

Sorry, but in order for what you suggest to happen, the US gov would have to make several amendments to the US Constitution, because of the violation of several rights with what you suggest (lack of due process, illegal search as their is no official gun registry in the US, etc).

In fact.....if the US were to start headed that way, most of us veterans would be talking to our active duty veterans. All of us swore an oath to defend the constitution of the US.

Not the US Government.

And while yes, the military has to obey orders...it's only LAWFUL orders we have to obey.....and Joint Chiefs could very well decide in a Vote of No Confidence in the US government at that point (IE looks like they're trying to suspend the US Constitution or make it virtually unrecognizable).

Most politicians know that in order to grab guns, you have to do it a little bit at a time, else they are committing political suicide (unless of course they are from a completely liberal district), which they've been doing since 1934.

Your hypothetical situation is very unrealistic. Just won't happen because of the amount of civil unrest that it would cause, including yes, open rebellion, and that would include the military branches.

So yah, I'm not worried and will sleep soundly.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That happened to my neighbor... Damn bears

True story eh

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Born and raised in Toronto. Now proudly residing in Manitoba.

With our pathetic current governing body, we are much more likely than our good neighbours to the south to face this issue at some point.

In answer to your query; I really like the "From my cold dead hands." response.

It just struck me that you are suggesting in your title that this is inevitable and that you may be planting seeds a la Australia to test the waters of peoples' reactions perhaps?

Sorry, it's the conspiracy theorist coming out in me. Also we just went through a winter with -52 degree wind chills and I think my brain is frozen.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I would likely die fighting Tyranny.
I'm cool with that.

It is not your job to die fighting tyranny...it is your job to make the tyrants die.. Anyone can run into a hail of bullets thinking it is a brave statement...it is also a waste of one's life.. So imo if you can take 20 or 50 out with you, then and only then, is it a worthy death.. But even then it should be a plan "B" or the only option available...

Plan "A" is always make your enemy die for their beliefs; day after day month after month year after year until their goal is defeated.. Hard to do if you are an early causality

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Or you could just get a pussy hat and march on the capitol.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Caroline13456

It just struck me that you are suggesting in your title that this is inevitable and that you may be planting seeds a la Australia to test the waters of peoples' reactions

Again... Hypothetical is the key word here

I am not suggesting that this is inevitable

In fact i am more of the opinion that the US gun issue is not a fixable situation

edit on 3-3-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I will give up my guns but I will fight to the death to keep my fragmentation grenades, c-4 explosives, nerve and chemical agents, bow and arrows, hatchets, axes, maces, spears, pocket knives, darts, clubs, rocks and every other form of self defense not previously mentioned.

edit on 3-3-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Itd be time for revolution. Again.

In all seriousness.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I would like to know what YOU would actually do IF your government actually made it illegal to possess any kind of Gun/Firearm? 

I would start making firearms, and get my hands on as many of them as I could. There would be a lack of supply on the market.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join