It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Suggests Executing Drug Dealers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
So Uhm yeah . I guess it was more indirectly suggesting it, but it sure seems like he is suggesting executing drug dealers to solve the opioid crisis.

You know Jeff Sessions is loving this . we had no such opioid crisis until we invaded the opiate capitol of the world and 20 years later voila we have an opioid crisis. Yet we still have troops in Afghanistan guarding poppy fields .

And now we are indirectly suggesting executing drug dealers, so is BIG PHARMA at the top of that list to hang?

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt on the take the guns thing , but this is my last straw.

We might need those guns so dont ban them.

ETA

If they want to solve the opioid crisis make a law saying Big Pharma cant produce those damm pills anymore. Bamm no more opioid crisis.

It is the pills that everyone is addicted too, the pills are the problem, stop making the pills , no more problem right?

But way to much money in it for that so lets just execute people WOW.

Sry if this has been posted I am surprised I have not seen it.

President Trump suggested executing drug dealers to crack down on America’s opioid crisis.

“The drug dealers, the drug pushers, they’re really doing damage,” Trump said at an opioid event at the White House Thursday. “Some countries have a very, very tough penalty — the ultimate penalty. And by the way, they have much less of a drug problem than we do.”

“If you shoot one person, they give you life, they give you the death penalty,” Trump said. “These people can kill 2,000, 3,000 people, and nothing happens to them.”

time.com...

edit on 3-3-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Isn't that how they do it in sh!thole countries?

Yes, yes it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
they should be

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I hope they arrest Bill Clinton first.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Better to interrogate the dealers and execute their superiors. That way the network collapses.

Can't simply send them to prison since gang bosses can conduct their business from inside prison walls just fine.

Of course that is a wasted effort if the actual economic conditions that drive people to join gangs in the first place are not also addressed.
edit on -060009pm3kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
End the war on drugs, and the drug dealer problem is solved.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Trump comments came days after Axios reported that he had been privately praising Singapore’s mandatory death penalty for drug trafficking offenses. Kellyanne Conway, who runs anti-drug initiatives at the White House, told Axios that Trump’s position isn’t one-size-fits all. “The president makes a distinction between those that are languishing in prison for low-level drug offenses and the kingpins hauling thousands of lethal doses of fentanyl into communities, that are responsible for many casualties in a single weekend,” she said. Trump has also previously praised controversial Philippine President Roderigo Duterte, who has led a massive extrajudicial crackdown on drugs in his country that has left thousands dead. Last year, Trump called Duterte and told him he has done an “unbelievable job on the drug problem.”
from OP's link time.com... so i guess he meant the cartel kingpins?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Now if you could show me where he actually said that...

Although I personally wouldn't have a problem with it.

You haven't seen it posted anywhere because anyone with basic comprehension skills sees that the writer is making a Yuge leap from what Trump said to inferring that they be executed.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

Trump comments came days after Axios reported that he had been privately praising Singapore’s mandatory death penalty for drug trafficking offenses. Kellyanne Conway, who runs anti-drug initiatives at the White House, told Axios that Trump’s position isn’t one-size-fits all. “The president makes a distinction between those that are languishing in prison for low-level drug offenses and the kingpins hauling thousands of lethal doses of fentanyl into communities, that are responsible for many casualties in a single weekend,” she said. Trump has also previously praised controversial Philippine President Roderigo Duterte, who has led a massive extrajudicial crackdown on drugs in his country that has left thousands dead. Last year, Trump called Duterte and told him he has done an “unbelievable job on the drug problem.”

Yeah but thats all bs when the biggest cartel and problem in producing opoiods by far is BIG PHARMA

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You haven't seen it posted anywhere because anyone with basic comprehension skills sees that the writer is making a Yuge leap from what Trump said to inferring that they be executed.

I clearly said in the op it was indirectly so maybe your reading comprehension isnt so good? but you have to try and not see it to think that is not what he is suggesting.

He is also on record supporting Duerte . So 2+2 and all.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

Yeah but thats all bs when the biggest cartel and problem in producing opoiods by far is BIG PHARMA

Big Pharma will exist for as long as America has a for-profit healthcare system.

and even then that won't necessarily be the end of them If America does not as a country address the issues of it's corporate culture, the intertwining of the private corporation & the state and the overall public acceptance of criminal activity by corporations.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So is Trump saying he will execute the CEO's of Perdue Pharma and other ones too?

Why do I not believe it? He will go after all the wrong people. Some things Trump is good at, but I think he has lost his way at this point.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Trump did not suggest executing drug dealers.
If he did, CNN would be leading with it.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Trump also said that the administration will roll out unspecified "strong" policies on opioids over the next three weeks. He said he has spoken to Attorney General Jeff Sessions about "bringing a lawsuit against some of these opioid companies." White House officials said that the administration is considering whether to make trafficking large quantities of fentanyl a capital crime because of the drug's potential to kill so many.

www.chicagotribune.com...

What is large quantities?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Trump also said that the administration will roll out unspecified "strong" policies on opioids over the next three weeks. He said he has spoken to Attorney General Jeff Sessions about "bringing a lawsuit against some of these opioid companies." White House officials said that the administration is considering whether to make trafficking large quantities of fentanyl a capital crime because of the drug's potential to kill so many.

www.chicagotribune.com...

What is large quantities?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You have no problem executing someone for selling something to a willing customer? Are we going to execute the customers too?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

42?

42?

edit on 3/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

42?

42?

42?

Exactly its whatever the F### they decide it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

If Your Personal Retirement Fund showed the same growth as that of Opium in Afghanistan after 'The War™' started, You'd be reading this as the umbrella in Your drink would be swaying to and fro, You'd be on Your own island just checking in right before Your Staff made this evening's grub/booze..

In 2001 Afghanistan produced 7% of the world's opium., this was when TheTaliban™ was in-charge. You know the same guys the US armed to fight the Russkies in the 80s, those same guys..

Invasion: Why was Afghanistan invaded again? Now they produce 94%...

What has the United States gone through since then???

Opiate Pill Mills-- Billions of $$$ Made. Then a majority of these patients were "cut off" so they had to buy their d on the street or get the cheaper, more readily available HairOn.

Building of PRIVATE JAILS/PRISONS... More laws..

During 'The Crack War' that was the incarceration of Urban (black or 'other' non-voter; non-affluent) These folks received PRISON while the Sub-Urban user received Probation same drug. Difference? Those in the lower income housing won't hire an attorney so they get 'stuck' w/the Public Pretender and end up 'copping a plea'

See what the incarceration rate is for those who copped a Plea Deal?

With the Opiates, the game is to first remove their financials. First time. Program. Program costs, Court Costs, it is a RACKET!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How would I know what large quantities they speak of?

He is not talking about executing drug dealers.
Your thread title is misleading.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join