It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delta Reveals Only 13 Passengers Used NRA Discount Which Cost Them $40 Million

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Really? The first quarter isn't over yet.
What's your source?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: infolurker

Georgia punishing the employees of Delta because Delta pulled support from the NRA is callous and dumb.

Georgia Republicans passing policy against a private company's decision to end discounts against members of a right-wing lobby, which predominately donates to republicans?

Callous and dumb? Just pain wrong.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They just took a $40 million dollar hit.

Let's see where their stock goes.
edit on 3-3-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I guess the GA. Democrats should have stepped up.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I guess not.
Maybe La Pierre's CPAC speech struck home. Showed them just how terrifyingly political the NRA is.

Yea its bad when millions of non members still identify with then as a members in kind. Real grass roots stuff here as opposed to community organizing.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: carewemust

Delta playing politics against actual politicians was even dumber.

Delta is a private company that can do as it pleases, within the law... just like you can do with any business you own, big or small.

At any rate, the Employees at Delta are the ones who will suffer, due to losing the Georgia-enabled Tax Break. Delta won't raise prices, due to the competitiveness of the industry. Instead, employees will work longer hours and forfeit pay raises/bonuses, to compensate for the $25 million loss, courtesy of the elected leaders of Georgia.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Delta played politics and the politicians fired back.

Meh, they both suck IMO. Not really my business though, since I am a Floridian.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

What Delta pays their employees is no one's fault or responsibility but their own.

Delta has been screwing their employees for decades.

If you rely on politicians to shore up your business because you run it poorly, maybe you should keep your big mouth shut.

No one voted for Delta.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Delta played politics and the politicians fired back.

Meh, they both suck IMO. Not really my business though, since I am a Floridian.

Delta was playing politics when they were giving discounts to NRA members. All they did was stop playing politics.

Do you offer NRA discounts? No? Is it because you are or are not playing politics?
edit on 3-3-2018 by Abysha because: Spellinization

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

That's 0.1% of their total expenses for 2017.
They'll survive.
edit on 3/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

At any rate, the Employees at Delta are the ones who will suffer, due to losing the Georgia-enabled Tax Break. Delta won't raise prices, due to the competitiveness of the industry.

Sure? It's a fuel tax break. Once taken away, it will raise fuel costs, which will likely also be reflected through all Delta's prices, since fuel is what the entirety of Delta's fleet uses to fly all around the world. That includes customers and tickets prices (I would guess).

No one wins here. It was a stupid decision motivated by political, partsan butthurt, punishing a private business decision that was within its right.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I love liberals arguing for tax cuts
I love liberals mad that a corporation isn’t paying their fair share

Think of all the 40 million going back to schools and the crumbling infrastructure

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Perception is all that matters most of the time and them making that decision at this time is perceived as ______.

So whatever it doesn't affect me, but I do chuckle a little bit at them taking such a huge hit because of it.

edit on 3-3-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Yeah. Nobody in Georgia makes any money from Delta. Not the people selling them fuel. Not the people servicing the planes.

If Delta were acting like the state of Georgia, they would up and leave. Wouldn't that be great? Other places would be happy to have them.

edit on 3/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I love liberals arguing for tax cuts

Think of all the 40 million going back to schools and the crumbling infrastructure

Exactly. Which is why the liberals were against this subsidy to begin with. The only reason liberals are saying anything is because of the irony being carried out by the conservative legislator people.

There aren't many liberals that I know who are upset about the decision. We're mostly just making fun of how easy it was to get conservatives triggered enough to kill a subsidy they loved the day before.

It's pretty obvious who the identity politic snowflakes are in this story, lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

No one wins here.

If Delta prices are higher because of losing their tax break then their competition wins.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

No one wins here.

If Delta prices are higher because of losing their tax break then their competition wins.

Why would their prices go up? They aren't "losing" anything here. They just didn't get any extra tax breaks. That's not a "loss".

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

No one wins here.

The competition doesn't win. It's a better edge, but not a win, and at a political cost.

The workers, employees, and customers lose.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

They didn't LOSE a 40 million tax break. The one they wanted (that they didn't have yet) wasn't approved.

Let's see how this shakes out re: the Amazon 2HQ bid before we pop the cork on the sparkling wine.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Why would their prices go up? They aren't "losing" anything here.

You are asking me, but you should be asking the one I responded to. Liquesence made the claim you two should argue over it.

Have a good debate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join