It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detailed Parkland Shooting Timeline (from various sources)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
MotherMayEye and Boadicea you are doing a very nice job of deconstructing the Parkland event. I will admit to growing weary of investigating events after 5 years of still looking at Sandy Hook and the Boston Bombings. Thanks for staying with it and finding what you have. The general public has no idea of the discrepancies you 2 have uncovered. Pretty damn important discrepancies I may add. Well done!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Thank you, ATA -- both for the kind words, and for the help you've given us!!! Here and in the Vegas threads. Your input has been invaluable and very much appreciated. It's a team effort, eh?

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

ATS is all about collaborative effort and research, it's what drew me here in the first place. Just wanted to give a nod to the tandem team doing the heavy lifting.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

ITA....that article reeks of BS.

And what the heII?

Portions of his psychiatric file, obtained by the Miami Herald on Friday, show a young man whose mental health exhibited frequent and extreme swings.

What happened to the HIPAA?

How on earth would the Miami Herald get their hands on his psychiatric file or any private records period?

Who gave them to them?

It's all unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

What happened to the HIPAA?

How on earth would the Miami Herald get their hands on his psychiatric file or any private records period?

Very good question. And not just in this particular instance. It seems lots of folks are getting hold of records that they should not have... and sharing what they choose rather than the whole document/record. (I'm looking at YOU, Fox!!!)

Who gave them to them?

Even better question. And why? Well, we already know why. To give certain facts and "truths" for a certain impression/implications for a certain response/reaction. It's all so contrived!!!

It's all unbelievable.

Damn right it is.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I second that thank you, ATA! I always love your contributions!

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I gotta add something. Here's the really suspicious thing for me. What motivation would someone have to provide confidential and/or classified information to a news source?

Maybe because they are legitimately concerned and want the public to know just what a piss poor job their public "servants" are doing... but these kinds of anonymous and completely unsubstantiated leaks do not truly serve that noble purpose. Rather it just muddies the waters. I understand that truth is too often punishable now, but if they truly have the courage of their convictions, they'll take the hit. If they don't, then they're just part of the problem.

Another possibility is that the news agency is paying them for the information. Money is a pretty powerful motivator as we all know. But if that's the case, wouldn't that be a criminal act of bribery? Obstruction of justice? (Since in theory the records are classified/confidential for by law for judicial purposes) There's gotta be more I'm just not thinking of...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I am sure the local media publishing this kind of thing will give rise to a defense. argument that Cruz cannot get a fair trial. Maybe the venue will be moved? But, certainly...the trial will be kept pretty private after something like this.

That, alone, is what bothers me about these private records being made available to the Miami Herald and them publishing anything about them. (Not that what I read sounded like notes in authentic psychiatric records).

edit on 3/11/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I am sure the local media publishing this kind of thing will give rise to a defense. argument that Cruz cannot get a fair trial. Maybe the venue will be moved? But, certainly...the trial will be kept pretty private after something like this.

That, alone, is what bothers me about these private records being made available to the Miami Herald and them publishing anything about them. (Not that what I read sounded like notes in authentic psychiatric records).

That's possible... and another good reason for criminal charges. That's gotta be obstruction of justice! But if it goes to trial, I would expect a request for change of venue anyway. And since this was published for everyone to read -- not just the potential jurors of Broward County -- I'm not sure this would have much impact in the decision.

But I really don't expect this to go to trial. Since Cruz' attorney has stated that he will plead guilty if the death penalty is on the table, the only reason for the state to proceed with a trial is for the sole purpose of putting Cruz to death. I think there's too much political backlash there. It just won't look good to execute an orphaned kid with reportedly well known and well documented mental/emotional problems... especially when government officials dropped the ball so many times.

Even more important is that I don't believe the PTB want this to go to trial because they don't want the evidence made public. They could try to hide that evidence like they did in the Bundy trials, but we know how that's backfired, and the feds are still trying to clean up the mess they made (and they're not doing a very good job of it).

If I put my tinfoil hat on, I could come up with plenty more reasons! But I'll leave it at this... for now

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Well, I was wrong as wrong can be about the state pursuing the death penalty:

The former student charged with killing 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School last month will face the death penalty, prosecutors said Tuesday.

Nikolas Cruz, 19, is scheduled for formal arraignment Wednesday on a 34-count indictment, including 17 first-degree murder charges.

Cruz's attorneys have said he would plead guilty if the death penalty was not pursued in the Valentine's Day massacre.

The office of Broward County State Attorney Michael Satz filed the formal notice of its intentions Tuesday. The action by prosecutors Tuesday does not necessarily mean a plea deal will not be reached.

Prosecutors WILL seek the death penalty for Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz

I'm surprised to say the least....

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Thank you Boadicea for keeping this thread going with information. I checked out for a bit and am going to go catch back up. I'm not familiar with Florida law anymore but I would imagine that if the death penalty is achieved that he could very well sit on death row for 20+ years? If I'm understanding the wording in the article, he would plead guilty to a lesser charge? I hope that they are taking the time to study him.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

You're very welcome!

With the mandatory appeals built into any capitol punishment sentence, yeah, I think it means many many years of sitting on death row while the appeals process goes through...

Given the extensive video coverage from the security cameras, I have to expect that if it does go to trial, that Cruz will plead insanity. I don't know what other defense he could offer. I have read that he has been quite cooperative and well behaved since being arrested. I wonder if he's on medication now, and could use that as a demonstration that he was not in his right mind prior to being medicated.

I would also think a case could be made that he had been failed so miserably by the system/authorities that he could file a civil suit against them at the very least. I'm not sure how sympathetic a jury would be, but it could tie their hands for a very long time.

We'll find out, eh?

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A video of the SRO has been released:

I haven't watched it and probably won't be able to for a while. Fox covers it here: Broward Deputy Scot Peterson seen standing outside during Florida school shooting in new video. Fox is still pushing their "he lied" spin; which I find especially suspicious because they have only published part of the radio traffic they "obtained." I'd very much like to know what else they haven't published. I also find this statement quite curious:

The sheriff added that Peterson instead took up a position viewing the western entrance of the building — as the video released Thursday shows. Peterson remains in the area for the next 20 minutes.

The sheriff stated that Peterson arrived at the (south) west end of the building approximately 90 seconds after the shooting began... so approximately four-and-a-half minutes after he reached that spot, Cruz exited the building via that exit. Therefore, at least according to the official story, Peterson was standing just feet away when Cruz exited the building. Oddly enough, in the couple still pics Fox included, there are no kids visible. None. Not running... not walking fast or otherwise... not frozen in fear... not even picking their noses. But I haven't been able to watch the video yet...

I'd love to hear others' thoughts if you watch, and I'll get myself up to speed when I can!

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My apologies for the bad link... here's another one. This one is kinda better anyway because it isn't sped up like the Fox one is.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

The shadows disappearing during the few minutes when/after Cruz leaves the building and campus are kind of curious, IMO. No way to know if the video was tampered with though, so that observation is not worth much.

And it sounds like they've gone back to saying that Peterson was at the west entrance when Cruz left (via the west entrance), and immediately radioed that no one should come within 500 yards of the building 'at this point.'

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I noticed that with the shadows also. I was trying to figure out what direction he was facing from the shadows to figure out where he was on campus and in relation to Bldg 1200 when it happened. Something funny was happening with the bushes in the lower left foreground at the very end as well. But I've been watching on my phone and I can't get the picture big enough to really see... so frustrating!!!

I'm going to reboot my old slug of a desktop computer now and watch it again fresh on the big screen...

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

A couple other odd things... at the time that the shadows fade (and it does seem as if the sun comes out from behind a cloud), all the traffic on the road stops. And at the 2m:29s:18d mark, looking to the far end of the walkway/building, you can see a golf cart come into view from the right and seems to turn around and go back the way they came again. But if you look real close behind that, you can see someone in white that also enters the view from the right and seems to get something out of a (light blue? gray?) vehicle then leave again to the right.

And at no time did I see even one kid come from the left -- from either exit to the building -- and run to the right (south), although I specifically recall reports that at least some of the kids ran to the south -- including Cruz. Was someone directing fleeing kids to run the other direction? Had they been pre-instructed to do so in prior drills? Were they able to cut any/all of that out? Well, at least at the near (west) end... the far (east) end was in clear view. I'm pretty sure we're only getting a partial view of the whole picture caught by the camera. If not, that's a really crappy angle for a security camera! At least get the whole walkway in view!!!

And what a bummer -- or something
-- that big boy Peterson just happens to spend 98% of the video perfectly hidden by that tall thin lonely pole, eh? Although he can be seen gesturing and apparently talking to someone. I expect both folks on the ground and on the radio.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The bush in the bottom left bothered me as well. You see a light colored horizontal branch very plainly which later has green across it. It isn't shadows moving, there was some tampering going on. Another strangeness is the way the sidewalk doesn't seem to get much brighter when the sun comes out. The fact you can't see what the deputy is doing makes the whole thing pretty much worthless.

Eta: what's up with the group of students (?) who come around the corner only to turn around and go back? Were they ordered back in the building?
edit on 18-3-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

The bush in the bottom left bothered me as well. You see a light colored horizontal branch very plainly which later has green across it. It isn't shadows moving, there was some tampering going on.

Yes -- thank you! I've watched a few times, and I cannot figure out what it is. And it's much later, right at the end, than the other shadows crossing.

The fact you can't see what the deputy is doing makes the whole thing pretty much worthless.

Yup.

Eta: what's up with the group of students (?) who come around the corner only to turn around and go back? Were they ordered back in the building?

Good question. And they sure didn't seem to be in much of a hurry... as one might expect if they were hearing rapid gunfire right next to them.

Did you notice when/if the traffic stopped on the road at the top of the screen? I meant to go back and look for that and see how it matches up with the calls for a perimeter and blocking the surrounding roads.

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Another strangeness is the way the sidewalk doesn't seem to get much brighter when the sun comes out.

This is exactly why the shadows disappearing seemed odd to me...the light does not change, only the shadows.

I need to go back and rewatch for the other things you and Boadicea have brought up....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join