It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detailed Parkland Shooting Timeline (from various sources)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It seems that every timeline I've found is incomplete in some way, so for my own understanding and benefit, I've put together the following timeline for the Parkland Shooting based on many sources, which I thought I would share for others' understanding and benefit. I've added links for the sources I've used, and some relevant excerpts/quotes, after the timeline. If anyone can add something, please do!

Timeline:

2:19 pm: Cruz arrives at the school.
2:21:18 pm: Cruz enters east stairwell of Bldg 1200.
2:21-2:22 pm: McKenna sees Cruz (???) loading weapon in 2nd floor stairwell.
2:22 pm: Cruz sets off fire alarm (???) and begins shooting.
2:23 pm: First 911 call received
2:23-2:24 pm: School Resource Officer arrives outside west side of Bldg 1200
2:25 pm: Cruz goes to third floor and remains on third floor until exiting building.
2:25-2:26 pm: SRO issues "Code Red"
2:28 pm: Cruz abandons weapon, etc., on 3rd floor and leaves Bldg 1200 with fleeing students.
2:32 pm: Coral Springs Police officers arrive and enter Bldg 1200.
2:43 pm: Police request someone with access to security cameras.
2:51 pm: First notice of shootings to Broward Health North.
2:54 pm: Police review security cameras (initially on 26 minute delay)
2:55 pm: First victim arrives at ER at Broward Health North.
2:56 pm: Dispatcher advises of faulty transmissions: "“You can hear me, but I cannot hear you, so standby.”"
3:02 pm: Officers realize they are viewing video on tape delay NOT live.
3:33 pm: First patient arrives at Broward Health Medical Center.
3:36 pm: Lockdown at school lifted.
3:41 pm: Cruz taken into custody off campus.

Sources

BCSO Preliminary Timeline

2:28:35 pm: Suspect exits Building 12 and runs west toward the tennis courts and then heads south.
2:29:51 pm: Suspect crosses field and runs west with others who are fleeing the area.

Florida school shooting: Armed officer 'did not confront killer'

Sheriff Israel said Mr Peterson, 54, was the school resource officer of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, and was at the site, armed and in uniform, when the shooting took place.

He said video footage showed Mr Peterson arriving at the building where the shooting broke out about 90 seconds after the first shots were fired, and that he remained outside for about four minutes. The attack lasted six minutes, Sheriff Israel said.

Sheriff Israel said Mr Peterson had not given a reason for why he did not go into the building where the shooter was. It is unclear if he will face charges.

Note: Deputy Peterson has since released a statement via his attorney to the effect that he was not sure where the gunfire was coming from and believed it was coming from outside. Also, it seems odd to me that Peterson would not have been asked why he didn't go in; and if he had been asked and refused to answer, then I would expect it would have been reported as such.)

Sheriff Israel said he would not be releasing the video showing Mr Peterson and might never do so, "depending on the prosecution and criminal case" against the 19-year-old suspect accused of carrying out the shooting, former student Nikolas Cruz.

An Uber Ride, a Massacre, a Confession: How Investigators Say the Florida School Shooting Unfolded

Christopher McKenna, a student at the school, said he met face to face with the gunman right before the bullets spread.

"I was on the first floor and the first-floor bathroom is locked so I had to go the second floor. I had a pass in my hand, I was going to the bathroom and then I open the staircase door and there the kid was, loading up his gun," McKenna said. "And he said something to me, he said: 'You better get out of here. Things are going to get messy.'"

On a Day Like Any Other at a Florida School, 6 Minutes of Death and Chaos

Chris McKenna, a 15-year-old freshman, was trying to get to the bathroom in the building when he encountered Mr. Cruz in the stairwell. Mr. Cruz was loading bullets into his rifle.

“He told me, ‘Better get out of here, things are about to get messy,’” Chris recalled. “I had no idea who he was.”

Uber, rampage, then McDonald’s: timeline of Florida school shooting

Cruz slipped into the building, entered a stairwell and pulled a rifle from his bag, authorities said. He shot into four rooms on the first floor — going back to spray bullets into two of the rooms a second time — then went upstairs and shot a single victim on the second floor. He ran to the third floor, where according to a timeline released by the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, three minutes passed before he dropped the rifle and backpack, ran back down the stairs and quickly blended in with panicked, fleeing students.

Florida State Sen. Bill Galvano, who visited the third floor, said authorities told him it appeared that Cruz tried to fire out the third-floor windows at students as they were leaving the school, but the windows didn’t shatter.

Teenager's chilling encounter with Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz as she ran out of building where 17 people were killed

Alexa, a senior at Douglas High School, told KHOU-TV journalist Matt Musil in the aftermath that the fire alarm went off as she returned to her classroom from the bathroom. The principal then came over the loudspeaker and said "everyone needs to evacuate right now", she added. Alexa said: "As I was going down the stairs I heard a couple of shots fired. Everyone was freaking out, saying that it was a gun.

"As we were walking the whole class together, I actually was speaking to the suspect Nikolas Cruz, and as I was speaking to him he seemed very, I don’t know what the word I want to say is, but he was troubled in middle school."

(continued in next post)
edit on 3-3-2018 by Boadicea because: to "bold" times

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
(continued from above post)

Timeline: How the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting unfolded
Video delays misled cops at Stoneman Douglas shooting

Runcie said Thursday that Stoneman Douglas, like other Broward public schools, has cameras that show images in real time but can also be viewed on a tape delay. He said he did not know that police were confused about whether the tape was live or not.

“There would be no point in having a video system in the school” with a delay, he said. “Why would anybody have that?”

Police calls reveal frantic search for Florida gunman

Officer: "I'm being told, advised by the employees that it should be a student: Nikolas Cruz, Nikolas Cruz, who came in on campus with a backpack."
Dispatch: "Nikolas Cruz, is that confirmed?"
Officer: "I'm getting that from the baseball coach -- they were told it was Nikolas Cruz."

Officer: "I just spoke with Nikolas' father. He said he spoke with him and he said he was at a McDonald's by the school -- I'm trying to see what that address is. ..." (Officers provide an address for the nearest McDonald's.)

Again, this is just for informational purposes. I'm not suggesting any grand conspiracies or anything...

Not yet and not here in this thread anyway

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thanks for putting this together! Getting a timeline nailed down is a key component to sussing out what went down that day and what didn't.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Thanks for putting this together! Getting a timeline nailed down is a key component to sussing out what went down that day and what didn't.

I guess all kinds of riot gear is pretty heavy and people wearing it sweat like hell or don't they? All photos i have seen depicted Cruz wasn't sweaty at all. Correct me if i'm wrong. The whole body armour and helmet story bugs the hell out of me.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
They say he had a backpack. I am pretty sure a fully assembled AR won't fit in a backpack, but unassembled it probably could. I don't think he hoped in the uber with the gun assembled not in the bag and said drop me off at the school. I think he most likely would have to have the gun unassembled in the backpack. How long does it take to put together an AR? I don't know much about guns but it seems like he put it together really fast with that timeline.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It is.

But, even accepting that Cruz put on body armor and a helmet, it was over an hour between when he was first spotted at the school carrying a black duffel and black backpack (and the witness described the same clothing Cruz was later arrested while wearing) and the time that he was arrested.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xenon129
They say he had a backpack. I am pretty sure a fully assembled AR won't fit in a backpack, but unassembled it probably could. I don't think he hoped in the uber with the gun assembled not in the bag and said drop me off at the school. I think he most likely would have to have the gun unassembled in the backpack. How long does it take to put together an AR? I don't know much about guns but it seems like he put it together really fast with that timeline.

5 Seconds

There are two fixed pins that hold the lower and upper together. Put the two pieces together, pop the pins in, load a magazine, charge the handle. That is it.
edit on 3-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You're welcome -- and thank you for giving me a couple of the links I used!

I've been finding out how important it is to nail down a timeline as I've been reading witness statements and trying to make sense of them all, from the very different (and similar) perspectives. So much happened in just a few minutes!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I guess all kinds of riot gear is pretty heavy and people wearing it sweat like hell or don't they? All photos i have seen depicted Cruz wasn't sweaty at all. Correct me if i'm wrong. The whole body armour and helmet story bugs the hell out of me.

It's bugging me too. Beyond the sweat factor, it's difficult to believe that scrawny kid could have lugged in the weapon, ammo and tactical gear, then assembled and loaded the weapon, then donned the body armor, then conducted the rampage, then reloaded his weapon, then removed all his tactical gear, and run out with other students (who were not for some reason sheltering in their classroom), all in about six minutes.

Was this even physically possible?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

They say he had a backpack. I am pretty sure a fully assembled AR won't fit in a backpack, but unassembled it probably could. I don't think he hoped in the uber with the gun assembled not in the bag and said drop me off at the school. I think he most likely would have to have the gun unassembled in the backpack.

Reports also say that he was carrying a black duffel bag, which also must have carried the tactical gear he was reported to be wearing.

How long does it take to put together an AR? I don't know much about guns but it seems like he put it together really fast with that timeline.

I'm not sure either. And it would probably depend on how much practice he had as well. We would also have to add the time it would take for him to don the body armor, helmet, mask -- whatever other defensive gear he had.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

5 Seconds

There are two fixed pins that hold the lower and upper together. Put the two pieces together, pop the pins in, load a magazine, charge the handle. That is it.

Thank you -- Good to know!

And I confess, I had absolutely no idea...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

5 Seconds

Thank you -- Good to know!

And I confess, I had absolutely no idea...

As for the tac gear - how long does it take you to put on a jacket and a hat?
edit on 3-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

As for the tac gear - how long does it take you to put on a jacket and a hat?

Depends on what jacket and what hat and what else I'm wearing and how much adjusting I have to do...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Where in that timeline is body armor or a helmet even mentioned? I'm a little lost as to why people are suggesting this, other than the video of the teacher saying "full metal garb" that's been circulating.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

From what I understand, it was a duffel bag. Supposedly he told the Uber driver he was going to music lessons.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
lmao please.

This kid is a patsy.

6 minutes to armor/load up - disembark - then makes it out - with the other students?

The original reports were that shooter has a gas mask or something too.

Eh.. All Sheep.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Where in that timeline is body armor or a helmet even mentioned? I'm a little lost as to why people are suggesting this, other than the video of the teacher saying "full metal garb" that's been circulating.

I don't think I included any of those reports in the OP, but there have been such reports since that day, and it's reasonable to consider the time it would take to don and remove such gear within the timeline.

Among the earliest such reports was from Sen Bill Nelson (D-Fl):

“The shooter wore a gas mask, and he had smoke grenades; he set off the fire alarm so the kids would come pouring out of the classrooms and into the hall, and there the carnage began,” the senior senator from Florida Bill Nelson told CNN this evening, citing the FBI as his source.

Sen. Bill Nelson: Florida School Shooter Wore Gas Mask, Launched Smoke Grenades, Pulled Fire Alarm – Update

In addition to the teacher who described "full metal garb,", another teacher on the same (3rd) floor described the shooter wearing "a helmet and a mask." There were also many media interviews with students describing predominantly masks or helmets.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

From what I understand, it was a duffel bag.

It was actually both:

Nikolas Cruz showed up at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in an Uber car — with a rifle inside a duffel bag — and walked purposefully toward the campus.

A school worker recognized him as a “former troubled student,” according to a police report. He was wearing a maroon shirt, black pants and a black cap, carrying the duffel bag and wearing a black backpack loaded with ammunition.

Florida school shooting: Timeline of the massacre
edit on 3-3-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Well if they are like days of old type there is simply a pin that holds the two halfs of the weapon together. It pivots like a hinge on the pin. So you could drop the pin and put two part in a bag.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
lmao please.

This kid is a patsy.

6 minutes to armor/load up - disembark - then makes it out - with the other students?

The original reports were that shooter has a gas mask or something too.

Eh.. All Sheep.

As has already been mentioned and discussed by other posters... not sheeple... and even more important, in no way rude and insulting to fellow ATSers...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join