It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20-year-old Dick's employees are quitting their jobs

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: howtonhawky
no but they must follow the constitution.

The Constitution only applies to the government. It is a list of things it cannot do, not a list of things people can or cannot do.

yea let us go with that and see how long our society last

these are not privitaly held companies

a company would have to be totally separate from government to make that claim. none nowdays are separate from government because of taxes and regulation
edit on 3-3-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

dicks and wal-mart are not private companies

Publicly traded companies then...

If you don't like it, start a class action against them for changing their policy. Stop whining and do something, I support your right to spend millions of dollars fighting something you think prevents you from having a "right to life."

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo
Does "April Fresh" taste different from "Coral Blast"?

The April Fresh gives you extra Constitution understanding ability. Go with that one.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

What is critical is that they are not government owned in which case the Constitution would have applied to them if they were.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
/shrug

Guess they didn't need the jobs that badly then. Plenty of other people will gladly step in and take those vacated positions. You know, people who aren't going to fall back on mommy & daddy to pay their bills because they had a bug up their ass sideways about a sales policy. Private business, they can dictate who they sell to, not the kids who can't even legally drink yet, rent a car, & all the other age restricted s# they DON'T bitch about. Like renting a hotel room. It varies quite widely between establishments, but the one I used to work at would not rent to someone under 25. I wasn't even drinking age yet. I still clocked in, not a big f#ing deal to me, never had any reason to be offended by our policy.

Priorities, these tantruming kids are about to find them out the hard way. Bills don't pay themselves.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeechQuestInfo
Does "April Fresh" taste different from "Coral Blast"?

The April Fresh gives you extra Constitution understanding ability. Go with that one.

Thanks for the tip!

Now I'm looking for a nice bleach to pair with my "April Fresh" Tide Pod. I'm wondering if I should go with a full bodied Clorox, a more round Purex, or a cleaner Green Works with some nice fruit notes?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Plenty of other people will gladly step in and take those vacated positions.

Maybe the guy in question can go back to school and learn to spell (affect/effect).

Hur-dur.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What is critical is that they are not government owned in which case the Constitution would have applied to them if they were.

no just no

perhaps one day but not until things have been cleaned up very much.

you are speaking of things that are not

essentially you are trying to claim that we have absolutely no rights as citizens

that is not real life

you get the muddy waters medal

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

no just no

So when are you going to file your amicus brief on this matter?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

they would not rent to you based on ability

they made the claim that people under 25 do not have the ability to keep a worthy house

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Hey you get outta here with that basic knowledge of the Constitution bullsnip. Ain't got time for that around here

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

no just no

So when are you going to file your amicus brief on this matter?

I suppose the time for that would likely be after a case was filed?

Until what would i be briefing if no case is present?

link   
Maybe he's just mad he cant use his employee discount to buy a gun for another year now .

edit on 3/3/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Hey you get outta here with that basic knowledge of the Constitution bullsnip. Ain't got time for that around here

I made it all up.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

except everything he posted was false and irrelevant

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

or perhaps he does not want to take part in the systematic slaughter of 18-21 year old peoples

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I suppose the time for that would likely be after a case was filed?

Until what would i be briefing if no case is present?

Uh, no. An amicus brief is filed in court by someone who is not directly related to the case under consideration, this way you can help this poor schlub from Dick's.

I figured a scintillating Constitutional scholar like yourself would have known this simple fact.

You could do it pro bono (that means free).

edit on 3-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

they would not rent to you based on ability

they made the claim that people under 25 do not have the ability to keep a worthy house

Don't care, dude, I didn't own the place. I primarily checked folks in & cleaned, schedule depending, with occasional book keeping/supply orders work. I.E, MY JOB. Something these whiny brats can't seem to do without claiming ageism as a valid excuse to quit in a huff. Ageism was not an excuse for me to slack off or quit, why is it now? If you don't like the company's policies enough, you get a different job. Big whoop. If you as a consumer don't like them, shop elsewhere. I don't like Chik-Fil-A's or Hobby Lobby's ultra conservative crap, so I don't shop there. Would I work there? Depends on how badly I needed the money, but if I did, I'd do it respectfully and WELL. And be grateful to pull a check in the first place, a lot of places in this country are doing fine bouncing back, but others are still hard-hit. Prioritize first, soapbox later.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

dude your actions were not putting people in danger

there is a difference

oh and i know you used to walk to school uphill barefooted in the snow

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Someone please remind me, at what age can a person join the military? The recruiters aggressively go after our high school grads immediately upon graduating.

This 18 to 21 thing is not adding up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join