It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20-year-old Dick's employees are quitting their jobs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: howtonhawky

NO OTHER RESTRICTIONS ARE CONSTITUTIONAL

A private company can set policies however they like. The constitution pertains to the government, not private entities.

For example, saying certain things can get you banned on ATS, and that isn't violating your 1A rights.

go buy a gay wedding cake

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Shamrock6

18-21 should be able to purchase with military id or training certificate certifying ones ability to bare arms.

Strange, I can't seem to recall that part of the 2nd.

I don't recall the 2nd saying anything about ability either.

wtf do you think bare arms means along with well regulated

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Is it even legal to refuse sales of guns to people under 21?

If so maybe ban them for people over 65.
They tend to be on medication that might effect their judgement...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Yep.

Them midterms ain't gonna go like antigunners thought.

Alienating the millennial vote.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Though we may not agree with the policy it is totally legal.

In my state, Ohio, it is perfectly legal for a parent to take their underage child to a bar and buy liquor for them.

However, under establishment law, we also have the right to refuse them service.

There are also several nightclubs around that are 25 and over. Despite the legal age being 21.

If they decided not to sell firearms to people over 40 then they'd have a lawsuit on their hands.

Over 40 is a protected class. Under 21 is not.

at least you are trying to think

what part of age discrimination do you not get

the constitution is clear and it really does not matter how many times before we got it wrong the truth is coming to the top or we will perish.

if you focus the answers will come to you abe

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Shamrock6

18-21 should be able to purchase with military id or training certificate certifying ones ability to bare arms.

Strange, I can't seem to recall that part of the 2nd.

still lacking comprehension skills

the only thing strange is your ability to pretend

So you're not going to actually defend your "point" just go straight in for the ad homs?

Adorable.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What rights have been taken away? The right to purchase a gun prior to being 21, where most states already have a restriction in place that states you have to be 18 to purchase said gun anyway?

Guess I better call GOD and tell him to give me my pre-18 rights back, huh?

Take another sip of the Kool-Aid bruh....

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Wait...it's okay if a cake company doesn't want to sell a cake that goes against their religious beliefs, but it's not okay for a company to restrict sales to someone under 21, just because it's a gun?

I think it's a bit of a double standard here...

And yes, if the 20 year olds don't like it, then they can certainly go somewhere else to work. That's free market economy. If that hurts "Dick's" gun sales and their bottom line tremendously, they will be forced to change policy, right?

monopoly

morality is not the same as religion

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Do you really believe that having your GOD givin rights taken away to be no big deal?
You believe GOD gave you the right to own a gun and not the state? Besides no one is taking away your right to keep and bear, they are simply adjusting the age limit to purchase.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

So do you believe it is Dick's, or any corporation or gun dealer's, constitutional obligation to sell guns to US citizens?

no but they must follow the constitution

you can not discriminate based on age race sex or religion

the only constitutional discrimination that can go against the second is ability

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

then stop pretending that it is legal to discriminate

you are smarter than that but i will not hold your hand and drag you through the pile of bs you made in your mind

study and get smart it is still legal

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Devino

So do you believe it is Dick's, or any corporation or gun dealer's, constitutional obligation to sell guns to US citizens?

no but they must follow the constitution

you can not discriminate based on age race sex or religion

the only constitutional discrimination that can go against the second is ability

You genuinely don’t understand the 14th do you?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

Do you really believe that having your GOD givin rights taken away to be no big deal?
You believe GOD gave you the right to own a gun and not the state? Besides no one is taking away your right to keep and bear, they are simply adjusting the age limit to purchase.

I know for a fact that the document that founded this country was based on god givin rights and states may do what they like they can not legally discriminate. WHY?

cause god said so

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: GeechQuestInfo

lets say no and how bout you be nice and clear up any conflicts you perceive that i have

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Peeps we are all mostly big boys and girls here

do not take it all personal

it is debate

feel free

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Good for them, it seems the younger generation have a bit more respect for themselves opposed to those gun toting baby booming dinasours with their 'soft dicks'.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Thinking long term this could soften dicks

I can't stop laughing...

seems like my soft comment is really getting to you...

breath just breath

happy trails on set...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

lets say no and how bout you be nice and clear up any conflicts you perceive that i have

Ok, let’s say no.

I assume you’re trying to tie the Equal Protections Clause of the 14th to the 2nd in citing age discrimination, but your whining is so baseless and without context it’s hard to really get a grasp on what you mean when you state things like “they must follow the constitution and not discriminate based on age, sex, or race”.

The age provisions of the ADEA, which is what is generally argued when cases of Age Discrimination are brought, states clearly that it is there to protect the old (40+) and not the young. There is no “reverse discrimination” for people under the age of 40, much like there isn’t a such thing as “reverse racism” (which I no doubt think you believe in).

Now while your trolling and whining about the constitution and discrimination, ask yourself why the young have age limits on almost ANYTHING they’d like to do.

-16 to drive
-21 to drink
-I believe 17 to drop out of school and not be truent
-18 to smoke
-18 to purchase a firearm

I could go on?

You can keep trolling (I truly hope you are, lest I believe our schools failed you), or you can just drop your discrimination act. I actually don’t care as it’s given me mild entertainment on the toilet.

The one thing I do care about is that you don’t procreate, and if you do please stay far away from your children’s education.
edit on 3-3-2018 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I bet many of you also believe that this discrimination is not worthy of prosecution.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Affirmative action is discrimination

just as stated here in this thread the only acceptable discrimination is ABILITY all else is illegal.

I bet these guys will have go fund me accounts set up soon...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

you are thick

i have made clear that my belief backed by the constitution is that only discrimination based on ABILITY is legal.

all else is going against logic just like the piss you took in your last post

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join