It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Disliked Character Traits

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good grief. You said 'societal", I quoted "societal", and yet my mind was on "political" when I replied to you.
Go figure.

Yeah, I see what you mean. We probably need to rethink some of that.

edit on 3/3/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Lying.

That's probably my top one.

Hypocrisy is second. Also, phoniness, willful ignorance, manipulative.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is an easy one.

Self-Righteousness.

of which I'm guilty sometimes and practice humility to counter that character flaw. There is improvement.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I live in NY. Character, in accordance with your description, is an absolute query in town.
I am the most disliked person here because...
My character doesn't receive from the higher up source. God!
People here believe in God and character. But in my experience.... Character is a sure fire way to one's own demise. The better you are (honest, truthful, loyal, caring, concerned, trusting, brave, and good)... The more fighting you have to do. In order to make one believe your traits. This test of strength empowers the roundabout people... But not the fool.
People will sell a fool to his death... Just to prove a point to someone who's traits are much more demeaning. Meaning a fool is without recourse in this dilemma. He either loves all of it... Or nothing at all. For those who's traits are wicked... There is the damn if he does.. and damned if he doesn't recourse. A fool is without any respect for his traits... Save only that suffering for these traits is going to convince an absolute asshole who thinks we're those kind of friends. I repent from being a fool.
That means I'm damned if do. I now make it my business to leave all the assholes to their demise whilst asserting the idea that their traits will be for their liking. And if not... Oh well.

Everybody knows everybody in this town. But I will never ever put someone else ahead of myself in grave situations. God wanted me not to quit... But he also gave my enemies the right to punish me. And he helps them to win. I can't be a winner if my lord is against me. So f'im.
Immadomaownthing.

Dammit if it Hurst everybody else. Traits are not going to raise one up. They just bring me down.
God helping the devil and people saving the very enemies they say I must fight is damaging to me alone. Persecuted for the queries of an asshole... Makes me much lesser than a dummy.

I now laugh Alot about people who saw bravery, loyalty, respect, honor, trust, honesty, truth, etc...
And chose not to believe it... But instead to punish not and claim it was just a test of strength.

Now they're all begging for some kind of consideration I don't care to give. I would rather burn in hell for all eternity than to face the punishment of good and fair traits that I don't need.

Life sucks.... But... It's ok.
I have asimple surefire way of dealing with good traits. Four only.

I'll eat scraps of the Master's table and be full for life.
My studies...

I'll fight for the one true law of the world. My only brother in this universe. He is my King. I'll fight nothing in this world save my kings enemies.

I'll earn my money the just way and spend it on what matters.. pets only. Not poor people, sick or hungry children. Screw them.

And lastly... I'll do good whenever I want. And not when God and people think I owe them.

Shorts:
Study, but not always.
Work, but not always.
Fight, but not always.
Do good, but not always.

This is NY. And I think god screwed himself when he made a fool of me.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
ETA: if you're Wonder what an asshole is... I can tell you.

Those a-holes are people who set standards of living higher than a fool. And then cry to change their minds when they have children of their who in their eyes can do no wrong and don't have to live up to standards that a fool has to. When they change their minds they're saying FU to the fool and all his misery.
I like children... But as a fool I pity them. For in truth good traits and tests of strength make for a fine fine individual. But diplomas and degrees and recourse are enough for their parents. However as a fool... I'll live long enough to know nothing save the hoarde of assholes in this city.

Blessed are they who are persecuted in jesus' holy name .... For great is their reward in heaven. BTW I'm talking about the children who don't have standards to live up to. I, as fool, can be persecuted and reviled and condemned... But I am not rewarded in life. Only in death. Long live the assholes.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Come to NYC and ask them... Who is "Pinocchio of the hanging tree"... ???

Brace yourself... For god has a story to tell.
edit on 3-3-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
My flaw... Is... "Compulsive Lying".

I pretend I care. I do with absolute sincerity. I do it with politeness and consideration. But you only get a minute of it. Less if I can help it. I love being this jerk to people who think we we're best friends. To people who think they're my people. I would rather lie about friendship in a one minute conversation and then repent and leave them. Why???? Why Not!?!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I pretend I care. I do with absolute sincerity. I do it with politeness and consideration. But you only get a minute of it. Less if I can help it. I love being this jerk to people who think we we're best friends. To people who think they're my people. I would rather lie about friendship in a one minute conversation and then repent and leave them. Why???? Why Not!?!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinocchio

So when you were describing all the "jerks and a@@holes" in NYC, you were talking about yourself?

It's not cool. What you said above about deceiving people like that, is not cool. Maybe you've been hurt and disappointed a lot, and are out for revenge. Bear in mind that we've all been hurt and disappointed.
Just learn from it, leave it, and move on like everybody else. Such a crusade only hurts you.

As for the topic, my most disliked characteristic in a person is Greed. Once I see a person's greed, particularly when it's extreme, I lose respect for them then and there.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Excellence...
This is what I tried to convey. It's apparent that those who see it despise it for reasons that typically amount to the falling short of godliness.
I don't pride myself in being more than some one. But I do pride in letting people find out for themselves all the things life has in store.i no longer believe in sheltering people. I am the most forgiving person in this city. I've forgiven all my people and my enemies. Now I just love the one minute shenanigans. I am sincere and grateful. But not almighty. Hence... Screw them... And you if it offends you.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am the most disliked.
I no longer believe people are in my best interest.
Instead... I let them hate all they want.
It's not about being hurt... It's about revenge.
It's about the comforts (few) in life.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I've been hurt in the extreme.

My whole life is nothing but agony and suffering. My Heart has been broken countless times.

Sometimes I believe I'm cursed and cannot win.

I have been in the darkest reaches of the abyss, my personal Hell all alone in pain and turmoil.

And you know what?
I never EVER give up.
I get up and fight because I refuse to be beaten by this cold cruel world.

I put my Heart back together and Love again like it was my first time and like there is no tomorrow. My Heart just gets stronger and stronger. I will break this curse eventually, I just know it!

That's a character trait I am blessed by, and I want to share it.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

So when you were describing all the "jerks and a@@holes" in NYC, you were talking about yourself?

It's not cool. What you said above about deceiving people like that, is not cool. Maybe you've been hurt and disappointed a lot, and are out for revenge. Bear in mind that we've all been hurt and disappointed.
Just learn from it, leave it, and move on like everybody else. Such a crusade only hurts you.

As for the topic, my most disliked characteristic in a person is Greed. Once I see a person's greed, particularly when it's extreme, I lose respect for them then and there.

There are no secrets. No deceptions. They know because they failed me. Now I just pretend. If you ever come see me... You'll see they're no better.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I am the most disliked.
I no longer believe people are in my best interest.
Instead... I let them hate all they want.
It's not about being hurt... It's about revenge.
It's about the comforts (few) in life.

But I've always liked you.

You lie and pretend to be indifferent but we both know you really like me too.

Shhhhh.
It's ok, you don't have to admit it.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

My whole life is nothing but agony and suffering. My Heart has been broken countless times.

I have been in the darkest reaches of the abyss, my personal Hell all alone in pain and turmoil.

And you know what?
I never EVER give up.

I put my Heart back together and Love again like it was my first time and like there is no tomorrow. My Heart just gets stronger and stronger. I will break this curse eventually, I just know it!

You're not unnoticed. Every one knows.
To not give up is exhausting.

I decided in my own right to let go.
It's not the same as giving up.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Tis but a lie I shall tell thee...
I am Pinocchio... Of the hanging tree. And I hang in there for the sake of the fall.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

a reply to: muzzleflash

Tis but a lie I shall tell thee...
I am Pinocchio... Of the hanging tree. And I hang in there for the sake of the fall.

I fall for the sake of the tree I hang.

Oh wait, that was inappropriate...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

And you know what?
I never EVER give up.

Muzz, I know. : (

You have so many loveable traits, I hope you know that. The people here, on ATS who know you, like you.

And this thread, you have helped me to understand Pinocchio. And I wanted to.
(I don't want to intrude in your conversations. There are lessons to be learned here.)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

And you know what?
I never EVER give up.

You have so many loveable traits, I hope you know that. The people here, on ATS who know you, like you.

And this thread, you have helped me to understand Pinocchio. And I wanted to.
(I don't want to intrude in your conversations. There are lessons to be learned here.)
Lovya...

And Muz is not>

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

And you know what?
I never EVER give up.

Awwwwh

Now I wanna cry...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join