It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk’s brother Kimbal: This was the 'best decision of my life'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm starting to like this guy more and more. He's actually giving back something to Humanity. Perhaps NASA will give everyone who's ever invested into them via Government Taxes a refund on the Billions they paid into since the space program took off.

I think we're in a new Era now, the era of change. Something meaningful, something that gives back to the Public and not to the Private Sector only.

www.cnbc.com...

After working with older brother Elon Musk to launch tech companies Zip2 and PayPal in the 1990s, entrepreneur Kimbal Musk pivoted to an industry that would change his life: the food industry. Today, Musk's goal is to revolutionize access to local, healthy and unprocessed food through efforts like his casual dining start-up The Kitchen and food education nonprofit organization Big Green.

In a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" session on Tuesday, he brought attention to Big Green's school wellness programs and a new campaign raising money for seeds, plants and supplies for school gardens. On Reddit, he revealed that getting involved with farming and waging war on America's food system turned out to be the perfect move. "Food is my love and when I decided to tie my passion with my purpose, my only choice was food," Musk said. "Best decision of my life."

edit on 3-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

Elon and Kimbal?

I'd like to meet the parents.

Anyhoo cool stuff thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Elon and Kimbal?

I'd like to meet the parents.

Anyhoo cool stuff thanks for sharing.

I would too.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Yeah...the Musks are living in 2118 and were all stuck in 2018

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If NASA lightens up, that may change. Technology has been harnessed and it's high time someone else/else's were allowed to play ball besides them.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I agree. I'm liking this guy a lot.

His parents, well.. his father was an asshole apparently, which was part of the reason he left SA to go to Canada and from there, cleaned toilets till he got into college, with some money behind him, went on from there.

classic super hero stuff. lol..

But he has changed the face of space exploration. For that alone, I keep a keen eye open.

I mean, how many nations have failed to even try... it's all satellites and ra ra.. he's thinking.. One man has changed the entire space exploration face.

Not a nation, a single man.

I dont care about anything else. This is where we needed to be. and here we are. finally.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Geez.. I didn't know that part, good on him for succeeding. I agree, we're here, right now. This is where it's at.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Who names these kids?!

Giving away his model 3? Do the brakes work?

So more space kale for the kids?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I appreciate your vitality and perseverence.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If NASA lightens up, that may change. Technology has been harnessed and it's high time someone else/else's were allowed to play ball besides them.

That isn't NASA that needs to lighten up then....

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't understand.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I appreciate your vitality and perseverence.

Cheers mate!

Right back atcha!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

My dads name is Elon. He's the third in the family with that name. It was a relatively common name in the past. It is biblical in origin.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

NASA doesn't get to make its own decisions. They have multiple levels of oversight, depending on what is being done. Congress funds them. The DoD tends to oversee much of what you are referring to.

Consider: future tech would be utterly devastating to humanity. Gravity control could give people the ability to flatten entire cities. Flood entire continents. Destroy entire solar systems.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wonder if Kimbal was named after Mr.Kimbal of "Green Acres" fame? I'm surmising the parents may or may not have been hippies, in a hippy commune .I went to school with a boy named " Lemonjello Godwin" he told us he was named after Lemon Jello.
edit on 3-3-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It is funny when people say that Elon must have a huge ego to want to get humanity to another planet but honestly we should all be striving for such things????..

Good eggs the both of them, also it will seem farcical in the coming years just how much NASA has pumped into their space program and yet in modern memory all they have done is sent probs rather than built on the questionable moon landing, I am sure they never thought that a third party would come in and change the status quo.

Possibly Elon does the rocketry and KImbal does the agriculture,

ON MARS!!!!

#BEMOREMUSK

RA
edit on 3-3-2018 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

"Oak tree" in hebrew is fine, but Kimball without one "l" "leader of men" with a handicap?
Besides the weird names their parents obviously die something right. Just look at them. Two Musks. Making the world a better place.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The rich have been giving back forever. It’s just doesn’t fit the political climate of division

Ever been to a Carnegie Library, Museum, or Music Hall, just to name one person

Unless he’s going up against Monsanto, is he using his money to slay the beast of GMOs? If not, he’s just a poor man’s (who’s rich) Johnny Appleseed.

More over if you don’t get those little fat kids, I mean height challenged for their weight, outside, does it really matter

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Who names these kids?!

Never researched anyone's family tree, eh? I have 4 Elons in my family line in just the 1800s, they're sprinkled in here & there in prior centuries as well. it's a very OLD Biblical name.
Also really damn old is Kimbal/Kimball/Kimbel -- Old Welsh, Celtic & Anglo-Saxon name for Leader (more or less, a "Leader Of" kind of name) or Piper, depending on the historical source. Dates back to at LEAST the Norman conquest, so it's damn near a thousand years old.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I love hearing about this kind of thing. I’m tired of always hearing about bad stuff and negativity. I hope humanity gets past it. Probably not in my lifetime though.

edit on 3/3/2018 by Lolliek because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join