It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk promises travel to anywhere in the world, in under one hour

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You would probably have to book the trip a month in advance, then there would have to be enough people taking the trip to get the price down to something rich people could afford. How is this faster, you could enjoy a nice trip in first class for a hundredth of the cost and even have drinks and a nice dinner. I just can't see anyone other than government employees using this service. They don't have to pay the bill, we do.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I think he's in the works right now on that one. Virgin totally missed the opportunity, along with a failed launch. Richard Branson would hike the prices up and invite his elite friends to flip the bill. But Musk, I think he's a lot wiser in that he's the one most likely to find a solution for everyone, not just a few fortunates.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Is there a quote if him saying this? My understanding is he has a long term capital stack plan that culminates in a neural net. Each project more expensive than the last, more fantastic than the last, with the goal of financing and creating something impossibly amazing.

Rockets would be a means to an end.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

It's thanks to them (and your tax money) that the technology exists today to make rocket launching something that the private sector can do. Get real people. Musk is not the messiah.

Nasa is still working with 50 yr old tech, look at their launch platforms, look at their vehicle locomotion for space, hell look at their space suits the astronauts wear. what the hell are you on about?

They also told Elon he couldnt do what he did with his most recent rockets, and it only took him how many years?

Nasa has been pumped full of money over the last 60 years and has failed to do what Musk and his engineers have done in 10.

Youre ire should lay at NASAS feet, and their piddling away of funds and failure to innovate anymore.

The private sector will ALWAYS and has ALWAYS done it better, thats why the gov consistently contracts THEM to get done what they need.

You should probably do your research before going all aggro.
edit on 5-3-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Musk vision and plans will no longer take world to anywhere rather then just to predict and get knowledge about other planets
edit on 4/4/2018 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join