It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unprecedented' Native American burial site discovered off Florida's Gulf Coast

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I am posting this article because it supports my own personal belief that off shore (think the oceans of the world) anywhere from fairly shallow up to probably 450/650+ feet deep there are many ancient past areas of occupied/cities/villages/etc etc . Not easy to find especially if mud brick walls or a lessor material was used for construction ... The last really big find I remember was a 9,500-Year-Old City Found Underwater off the coast of India; the structures were mostly of stone so they last even when buried in silt...news.bbc.co.uk...
This latest find/burial sight topic of this thread has been dated at 7000 years and is an Indian burial sight

VENICE, Fla. -- A burial site hidden for some 7,000 years beneath the surface of the Gulf of Mexico likely has archeologists picking their jaws up from the floor.

As Dr. Ryan Duggins, an underwater archeology supervisor for the Florida Bureau of Archeological Research put it, in part: "Seeing a 7,000-year-old site that is so well preserved in the Gulf of Mexico is awe inspiring. We are truly humbled by this experience."

The sight is estimated to have been about 30 feet above sea level back 7000+ years ago.
www.wtsp.com...
I am surprise that the sight is as well preserved as it is considering all the Florida storms that has passed the area over the last 7000+ years..

An amateur diver first reported possible human remains in the waters just off Manasota Key to the Bureau of Archaeological Research (BAR) in June 2016. Through non-invasive underwater survey and investigation techniques, including magnetometry, sub-bottom profiling, and side-scan sonar, BAR’s underwater archaeologists soon documented evidence of a prehistoric Native American burial site in what appears to have been a freshwater peat-bottomed pond thousands of years ago.

dos.myflorida.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'd tend to agree. I dove for many years. You can't actually get that deep on air. There's plenty to see underwater. 90° angles aren't naturally common.

You figure, even today, the majority of the population enjoys living by the coast.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Something happened 12000 years ago imo thus all the sites underwater.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
That's a fascinating find. I do wonder what's lying at the bottom of some of the deepest parts of the ocean. Lost civilizations and that we never knew existed would be interesting. The world must have looked like a totally different place back then.
In thousands of years time, I wonder what the people of the planet at the time will find from our era.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

They will find all the plastic waste we made.

Ohh and Fukushima... Chernobyl etc

edit on 3-3-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
From the linked article on another site like this found previously:

The remains of what has been described as a huge lost city may force historians and archaeologists to radically reconsider their view of ancient human history.

Hahahahahahaha and this is from 2002. Have we rewritten anything yet? Have the history books or school lesson plans been updated?

There is some really good information in there:

The vast city - which is five miles long and two miles wide - is believed to predate the oldest known remains in the subcontinent by more than 5,000 years.

"There's a huge chronological problem in this discovery. It means that the whole model of the origins of civilisation with which archaeologists have been working will have to be remade from scratch," he said.

So with all of these recent discoveries, when do we start challenging our outdated Mainstream view of history? Will it even matter if 50% or greater of the population believes that what we are being told from MSM are lies? As long as the establishment controls our education and news, it doesn't even matter what they discover. The Mainstream will never relent in their support of the fabricated chronology of history. It supports all power structures that seek to dumb us down and control us.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Something happened 12000 years ago imo thus all the sites underwater.

Yes...the Ice Age came to a close and the sea levels rose. As to this being proof of drowned cities...er, no.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Because you say so?

There is evidence of comet impact....

Clearly you've not read the studies.

Go get your Google on bruh instead of being a wannabe know it all.

KTHX.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Then the megafauna, at the same time, got really sad, laid down, and died. While chewing food.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He probably believes hunter gathers killed them all lol.

reply to: JohnnyCanuck

What about Mammoths thrown back on their haunches and had their legs broke in half food in mouth and died with erections (suffocated) ?

Lemme know Brainiac.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
How would a comet strike sink cities world wide? Raising sea levels due to loss of ice on land explains the evidence of world wide sunken cities.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, mega fauna died. There is discussion of a comet causing that, along with the possibility of human predation. But the thread is about sunken cities, not dead giant sloths or sabre toothed tigers.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Once again, your comment is interesting, but what does that have to do with sunken cities?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogStarIn1066
How would a comet strike sink cities world wide? Raising sea levels due to loss of ice on land explains the evidence of world wide sunken cities.

Thanks.

A comet striking the north america ice sheet at the end of the last ice age, around 10,200 - 9,500 bc. If the comet struck the ice sheet, there would be very minimal to no evidence left of the impact. I wonder where all of that water would have done? That along with the warm up of the earth's atmosphere would have caused massive melting even for the ice that wasn't directly impacted.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yes. I have read about this theory. But are you saying that 1 comet melted all the ice in North america? The world? And this caused sea level to rise? And if this comet killed off sabre tooth tigers and mammoths and sloths, then how did the bears, bison and wolves survive?

Let me know if I have this right.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

Multiple impacts.

Probably over a course of a hundred years+

nanodaimonds and soot layer.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

So for 100 years comets hit just north america?

Soot and micro diamonds -

Yes, that is the evidence I saw. And all that raised the sea level? Don't these strikes usually throw up a lot of dust, obscure the sun, and lower the temps?

That would explain mega fauna die off. But what about the bison, bears, wolves, moose, elk, etc.? Why didn't they die off?

How did the soot and ash cause the sea to rise?

Thanks.

edit on 3-3-2018 by DogStarIn1066 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Where do you think all of the water went after the enormous ice sheets melted? If the melting was very rapid as some suggest, what do you think would happen to anything in the path?

Me personally, I like the theory of a large plasma discharge between planets melting the ice sheets with similar results to the asteroid theory.
edit on 3-3-2018 by ClovenSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

There's a paper on it forgetting the name...

Pretty sure it's linked on Hancocks site..

Randall Carlson too.

Sorry I'm at work atm.

Not a single person saying soot caused sea levels to rise it's part of dmg from fire from impact.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

There's a paper on it forgetting the name...

Pretty sure it's linked on Hancocks site..

Randall Carlson too.

Sorry I'm at work atm.

Not a single person saying soot caused sea levels to rise it's part of dmg from fire from impact.

I like Randall Carlson work, this Florida' grave site would correspond with his theories.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join