It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censorship and Alternatives for Those Interested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: HanSolo31
I would go so far as to say we are looking at something almost akin to "pre war" D notices, it doesn't work for the conspiracy guys , but it works on the 80% that matter in keeping a state docile. If you look at it from the ruling one percent's point of view, they have complete control of the MSM, so they have to use it. Unemployment is low and the economy is surging ahead, where the truth is very different. Putin has just given a grave warning. The Western missiles are very close to China, and Nato troops are on the border of Russia. If the West doesn't make a play with all its military assets soon, they are looking at economic Armageddon.

That's the scariest post I have ever read on the boards.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Anybody that wants to make or watch videos claiming victims of school shootings are actors is one of the lowest forms of scum in the world.

Freedom of speech means people get to express such vile opinions, it does not mean that normal decent people have to share a space with them in any way shape or form. There is no freedom from consequences. If you say something aberrant and disgusting, you can expect to rightly be shunned for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

So which laws exactly do you propose these private companies should adhere to?

Not the laws of propganda and the deep state.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

d.tube...

DTube is fairly new and built on the steem blockchain.

One of the benefits here is that monetization is already built in via the blockchain. So you get paid if people upvote you.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

We all know by now that CNN is pushing to ban Info Wars from Youtube, which is totally an infringement on our freedom of speech.

Companies don't have to adhere to freedom of speech. It's our choice to give them business or lack there of.

Companies don't have to adhere to freedom of speech. It's our choice to give them business or lack there of.

I don't think that statement means what you think it does.
They are companies when they gather together and file a piece of paper.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

How is this a violation of your freedom of speech? People throw this around all the time and they have no idea what they're talking about. The 1st amendment says congress can't pass a law abridging your freedom of speech. That's it. Any other free pass you think you should get is a delusion. Google is not congress. And YouTube is not the law.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

We all know by now that CNN is pushing to ban Info Wars from Youtube, which is totally an infringement on our freedom of speech.

I don't think that statement means what you think it does.
They are companies when they gather together and file a piece of paper.

Companies don't have to pay for a platform's infrastructure (YouTube servers) and guarantee that you have access to it. They can deny access if they want.

They don't have go promise you free speech while using their platform.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

You are most welcome.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dalepmay

How is this a violation of your freedom of speech? People throw this around all the time and they have no idea what they're talking about. The 1st amendment says congress can't pass a law abridging your freedom of speech. That's it. Any other free pass you think you should get is a delusion. Google is not congress. And YouTube is not the law.

I am not disagreeing, but I do have a right to take my business elsewhere right ? Also, they are denying service to people they disagree with. Kind of like when the bakery didn't want to bake the gays cake because they were gay. How is this any different ?
edit on 3-3-2018 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Anybody that wants to make or watch videos claiming victims of school shootings are actors is one of the lowest forms of scum in the world.

Freedom of speech means people get to express such vile opinions, it does not mean that normal decent people have to share a space with them in any way shape or form. There is no freedom from consequences. If you say something aberrant and disgusting, you can expect to rightly be shunned for it.

Ok, who gets to decide what is disgusting and aberrant ? Is showing our President Trumps head ISIS style disgusting ? I can still find that on Youtube. Or how about rappers talking about raping Bitc*** and killing fa**ots ?? To me that is disgusting. I do not agree with many things, but that is what used to be our countries strength, not our weakness. A country where opposition was encouraged and kids went to school to be exposed to different opinions. Not like today, where they go to school for safe space and can't deal with any different opinions. Its a real slippery slope.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join