It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Censorship and Alternatives for Those Interested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
(Im not sure this is the correct place for this, mods please move it to wherever it should be)

Whether or not you agree with the crisis actor conspiracy, or Alex Jones (im personally not a fan of his), you should be worried about the latest moves of censorship by Google/Youtube. We all know by now that CNN is pushing to ban Info Wars from Youtube, which is totally an infringement on our freedom of speech. Also, conspiracy videos that claimed David Hoggs was a crisis actor and many others are all gone. Youtube has been banning videos they deem as Russian related or offensive. To make matters worse, every 2 minute video has 3 commercials now. Its just impossible to watch anything IMO. Personally I have been off Facebook for years, and for those looking for alternate sources to watch videos, I compiled a small list. It would be great if people can share other video streaming sites alternative to Youtube.

1) Vimeo.com
2) Dailymotion
3) ZippCast
4) VIVO
5) Twitch - although this one is mostly for gamers.

Any others out there, would love to hear about them.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: HanSolo31

We all know by now that CNN is pushing to ban Info Wars from Youtube, which is totally an infringement on our freedom of speech.

Companies don't have to adhere to freedom of speech. It's our choice to give them business or lack there of.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I would go so far as to say we are looking at something almost akin to "pre war" D notices, it doesn't work for the conspiracy guys , but it works on the 80% that matter in keeping a state docile. If you look at it from the ruling one percent's point of view, they have complete control of the MSM, so they have to use it. Unemployment is low and the economy is surging ahead, where the truth is very different. Putin has just given a grave warning. The Western missiles are very close to China, and Nato troops are on the border of Russia. If the West doesn't make a play with all its military assets soon, they are looking at economic Armageddon.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Companies should not have that right. A profit margin is not a person and there for should not evade the laws of one. Companies like google/you tube, facebook, Microsoft, do not really offer a business transaction. They introduce a service to us at a young age so we become accustomed to having it readily, then they confiscate some of our rights as payment for their services. They then sell the information gathered to the highest bidder.

This viral advertising technique mixed with highly advanced marketing algorithms and soon to be artificial intelligence is a platform to completely enslave the human race...

These "companies" should have to adhere to the laws of our world.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HiMyNameIsCal

So which laws exactly do you propose these private companies should adhere to?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are very similar.

So you want to take away a companies freedom of expression by allowing what they spend money on to host?

For the record I don't agree with their decision to filter content on a political level. However it's up to them.

And to your comment they don't offer a transaction, I don't think you realize the amount of money in advertising. You watching one gets them money, you on another site loses them money.

This is capitalism, vote with your dollar or participation... Or lack there of.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Why can't InfoWars, or anyone else who doesn't want their fate tied to a public video service, start their own private video service?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why can't InfoWars, or anyone else who doesn't want their fate tied to a public video service, start their own private video service?

Boom, exactly.

Why do people want regulation on this? Yea, let's get the government involved to dictate how companies can operate... God knows we can trust them.

Give them the power to do that and they'll be able to say what people can't say too.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What I am trying to say is that new laws must be written! These aren't grocery stores were talking about. These entities have control of enough technology and power to overthrow most small countries. They corrupt our minds from a young age and strip us of our privacy so that they can improve those advertisements and spend more currency on furthering their business model..

Which will soon be more intelligent than any human ever born.

edit on 3-3-2018 by HiMyNameIsCal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: carewemust

Boom, exactly.

Why do people want regulation on this? Yea, let's get the government involved to dictate how companies can operate... God knows we can trust them.

Give them the power to do that and they'll be able to say what people can't say too.

No need for regulation of YouTube Twitter, Facebook, etc. When you don't pay for using something, you deserve no say-so in how that service operates.

Take the White House. Facebook and Twitter have attempted to harm the President's reach and reliability. Screw em. President Trump should use WhiteHouse.gov for his messaging and videos.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It is because we view these entities as companies that they are aloud to run amok as they do. The people should decide the law not the government.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

The people should decide the law not the government.

Capitalism is voting with a dollar or participation.

Citizens are about as cognizant with consumer decisions as voting ones.

You can blame the game or the players.... In the end we all knew the rules.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thats exactly the point of the thread. For those not interested in giving these companies business and looking for alternatives. BTW, if companies are people, shouldnt they have to adhere ? But regardless, this is more of alternatives for people who don't want to give them business, as myself. I personally want to see opposing views to my own, I want to see things that I deem ridiculous, and most certainly dont want a company with obvious political agenda's controlling what I see.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Remember when Google's motto was "Do no evil"?

I don't know about you ATS, but we are living in scary times.
edit on 3-3-2018 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Killroy anyone ?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Bitchute is a good alternative.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are very similar.

So you want to take away a companies freedom of expression by allowing what they spend money on to host?

For the record I don't agree with their decision to filter content on a political level. However it's up to them.

And to your comment they don't offer a transaction, I don't think you realize the amount of money in advertising. You watching one gets them money, you on another site loses them money.

This is capitalism, vote with your dollar or participation... Or lack there of.

I'm afraid your mistaken about a company having a right to express views.

Legal entities not called dead entities for no reason. The reason being they are a figurement of the imagination and contain no sentient life, they are merely just words on a piece of paper. A legal entity being just a piece of paper cannot talk at all let lone for itself

Its only the company management who expressing a view and they do this in their personal capacities. They also claim they are expressing "the legal entities" view not their own but as most people know, it is their own personal view but they are claiming its someone or something else that is saying. This is how they convince some people that a company has the right to speak.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   

We all know by now that CNN is pushing to ban Info Wars from Youtube, which is totally an infringement on our freedom of speech.

Obvious troll is obvious

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Thanks for the helpful list. YouTube have been messing with me for years.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Thanks for the helpful list. YouTube have been messing with me for years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join