It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Don't Hate The NRA. They Hate You.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

"The opposite of compromise is character."
-Frederick Douglass

Does this mean you dislike peacemakers? Do you find them weak and lacking character?

What is your version of peace?

If your peace only comes through compelling everyone around you to live as you would have them live, it's not truly peace but tyranny and you'll always live in fear of those who only comply through force.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Not surprising.

The original terms left and right had nothing to do with ideology, but seating.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Peace at what cost?

Would you mind answering my question. You've become an expert at deflection, and it could be.....
it shows a weak character. In fact, I'm thinking of making a thread on poor character/quality traits.
You've given me an idea.

Besides, DB, it doesn't appear as though you really want to have a conversation. I've read the thread this morning, and you use your 'snappy one-liners', while disregarding any comments of substance. Why is that?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You hurt my feelings I like you and I consider myself pretty left.
(I want that companies are owned by their employees as major shareholders. I want more democracy. I'm progressive and hope robots and AIs will do the dirty work soon and everybody can pursue their happiness, be it art, craft, science or sports, because the state provides everybody with free housing, food, electricity, public transport, education and information. If you want more than the basics get a job. Left, right?)

I like that you speak your mind. I would hate to live in a world where everybody has the same opinion.
Come here you *cuddle

Love you.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I've used snippy "one-liners" at those who exemplify the term leftist.

You want peace?

Peace at what cost?

Peace on your terms or mine?

What are you willing to compromise on?

Typically, if one is sueing for peace, it is because one side just beat the sh#t out of the other side in a war.

The premise for this thread was to illustrate an article on what the leftists actually hate.

And it is anyone who ISN'T a leftist.

It's also quite obvious that it has irritated quite a few people.

Good.

We can't even START a negotiation if we atren't honest.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

You hurt my feelings I like you and I consider myself pretty left.
(I want that companies are owned by their employees as major shareholders. I want more democracy. I'm progressive and hope robots and AIs will do the dirty work soon and everybody can pursue their happiness, be it art, craft, science or sports, because the state provides everybody with free housing, food, electricity, public transport, education and information. If you want more than the basics get a job. Left, right?)

I like that you speak your mind. I would hate to live in a world where everybody has the same opinion.
Come here you *cuddle

Love you.

How am I hurting anyone's feelings by highlighting an article that states that the leftists hate anyone who doesn't think like them?

If you don't think like that then it should be just an opinion piece written by someone who thinks differently.

Frankly, seeing the replies here, the article has some merit.

*hug*

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ask a leftist what they think about Bush and Cheney, and Trump,corporations getting the same tax breaks you get, and loosening CONTROL on Wall Street,and the climate is not out to get then.

Sit back put on your battle helmet, and flak jacket, and get swept up in their deluge of HATE.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Ask a leftist what they think about Bush and Cheney, and Trump,corporations getting the same tax breaks you get, and loosening CONTROL on Wall Street,and the climate is not out to get then.

Sit back put on your battle helmet, and flak jacket, and get swept up in their deluge of HATE.

Bush - sounded way smarter once he left office - he faked being dumb.
Cheney - Darth Vader.
Trump - entertaining, narcissistic, has a few good ideas, hate him on trade because I'm Canadian, his mind isn't as sharp as it once was. Hoping he doesn't turn out to be a danger to the world....
Corporate tax breaks - stupid. They make enough money.
Wall Street - I'll leave that to the experts.
Climate - I'm snowed in, so this week, it is out to get me. But living north, it's expected. There's still four distinct seasons up here......

You're right. I'm not totally left.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm Canadian,

Then wut's ur beef?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This thread lifts confirmation bias to a whole new level. Did you wash your hands?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Our beef is awesome, I'm in Alberta 😋

We're so close to you guys, that even our nightly news is half US stuff. Trade wars seem to be about to start......

I do like when Trump said it was stupid to tell the world, what where why and how the military strikes were about to happen. Obama kept warning the enemies 🤔

You guys get mad at Russia, we're literally in the middle geographically.

The US sneezes, Canada gets the flu.....we're so intertwined. Even though sometimes we feel invisible....

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Soon as I read the Left being referred to as other than 'Normal Americans', I declined to read further. I knew that any further discussion would be partisan Bravo Sierra.

originally posted by: neo96

I'm Canadian,

Then wut's ur beef?

As I have said many times, this is an international forum and you are going to get international response. If that makes you sad, kindly retreat to your echo chamber of choice.

edit on 3-3-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: brevity!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You guys get mad at Russia, we're literally in the middle geographically.

Nope.

As per the topic.

Dumb leftists do.

Shall I quote it?

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Your response is totally major-league defeatist, depressing, and utterly for self-aggrandizement.

/peace funny man I'm with J. Canuck at this point.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

As I have said many times, this is an international forum and you are going to get international response. If that makes you sad, kindly retreat to your echo chamber of choice.
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Who Am I to tell Canadians to stop acting like Americans telling people from other countries what they should be doing, and what their rights should be.

Everyone loves neocons.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Nice propaganda piece.

Do you actually believe it? Do you really believe Leftists hate you over such a silly thing?

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I can say personally that I do not hate any of you. Hate implies that you or someone else occupy space in my mind or heart and that is simply not the case.

I do feel bad for many of you. Every single one of has been given a brain, but too many lack the ability to use it.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Only the lefties are mad at Russia. Ok. I feel safer.

Пока

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Do you actually believe it? Do you really believe Leftists hate you over such a silly thing?

Of course, because it's true.

Some leftist gave me the finger once on the Garden State Parkway. How do I know they were a leftist? They were driving a Prius. No self-respecting, non-cuck, anti-snowflake Murican would ever be caught dead driving one of those things.

Now if it were a dualie rolling coal I would have then believed it was a righty that hated me for their crap driving skills.

edit on 3-3-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I think that's a very crude argument meant to appeal directly to the right's emotions.

After all, some of the people that are against the NRA's lobbying efforts are actually middle of the road people, some are even conservatives. I know that might shock some people, but it's true.

Generalizing about the NRA and it's "OMG it's not the NRA they don't like, it's conservative gun owners" is not really a logical argument, IMO. That's not the case in most instances. There's a great many of us that don't like the fact that a 19 year old mentally disturbed kid can buy an AR15 and then go massacre 17 people. Or a mentally deranged person can purchase a ton of ammo and weapons and massacre 50+ people. The majority of us want the regulations that are already in place to be followed, and perhaps some further "mental capacity" checks as well.

In short, it's not just "leftists" who aren't supporting the NRA's lobbying efforts, it's a great deal of people over the entire political spectrum. There might be some "leftists" that don't like gun owners, but if I were a betting man, I'd say it's a lot less of them than you think it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

You shouldn't.

Don't be surprised next time those dumb lefties lose the next election it will be Canada's fault.

That ain't a joke folks.
edit on 3-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join