It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Don't Hate The NRA. They Hate You.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

The ACLU is intended to protect civil rights, not inalienable rights. The 2nd amendment is not within their purview. The civil rights act is.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The funny thing about numbers is that they do not lie and often one has to look at all of such before determining the baseline cause of the problem. And I would agree that one does not fix the problem by putting a bandage on it. And unfortunately there are several problems that are working in that city, that all combine to create a bigger problem.

One of the first and main problems is the lack of jobs that pay a living wage, thus causing the poverty in many communities. Combined with the unintentional racism and racist policies of years gone by, sustained by a system that is designed to cause more problems than it solves. This in turn causes segregation, both unintentional and intentional. Added to an inequality in both the laws and its application, and there is the main problem.

Some of the laws that were passed at a federal level, but when they came up to be renewed, like most political wedges it was either let to expire, or used as a choice between A and B.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The ACLU is intended to protect civil rights, not inalienable rights. The 2nd amendment is not within their purview. The civil rights act is.

I don't know whether you're serious or not but I hope not. At any rate. Yeah. I'm sure that's just the kind of thing they'd say. Slippery and just plausible enough for the ignorant people who vote for liberals.

Anyhow, here's what their Wikipedia article has to say about it.....

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is a nonprofit organization whose stated mission is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States."

So....why we need an extra organization for the same thing is because the ACLU people are liars.
edit on 5-3-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Well...they are a CIVIL Liberties group. Its in their name.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Divide & conquer, yay!

Blame the leftists for their actionism and don't forget not to bring anything to the table yourself. Otherwise you might be having a real debate, which is not what your country needs.

It needs more partisan trenches and deeper ones, you fcking morons. That's right!

edit on 5-3-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Action without first thinking is useless at best.

Simply being active isnt a virtue.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed. It's like... this thread. Lotta emoticons flying around to mobilize against a perceived enemy, ridiculous.

But stupid actionism doesn't equal hate in the slightest, this whole notion is built on a strawman.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But stupid actionism doesn't equal hate in the slightest, this whole notion is built on a strawman.

Such is political discussion in the US post the repeal of Smith Mundt

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: RomeByFire
"Take the guns first, due process second."

- Some leftie POTUS

But did you notice how the left backed off of that? Now the 24hr news cycle isn't on the gun debate but whether or not the WH is "spiraling". That's their dream put into words, and they don't want to own it.

"Take the guns first, due process second."
- Leftiest medias dream

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How is this thread not an equivalent hyperbolic circle jerk of inane and over-inflated conservative opinion?

I am a liberal, and I most certainly do not hate conservatives. Some of the people who I love most in the world are conservative, and their political leanings are paltry in comparison to the multi-faceted people they are.

It sound more like y'all want validation to hate liberals back, and this thread (the OP especially) seem to be using whatever liberal negative opinion pieces as fodder to work themselves up into a frenzy of counter-hate.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join