It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered Carbon....WATCH IT NOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Considering the amount of nudity i am ok with the performers being beautiful people heck of a lot easier on the eyes than hairy beer guts and eggs nailed to wall....

I don't know if your were being sarcastic or not.

a reply to: JinMI

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Most of the nudity was gratuitous. I don't have anything against it but it really wasn't needed within the context of this show IMO.

I've been finding shows much more compelling and immersive if the characters look like...people. Not models.

Again, it's only my opinion.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I have to thank you. I had not watched this yet, due to recent disappointments in Sci fi productions. So many recycled storylines. I just finished the first episode and must admit that I am very impressed. Besides the Blade runner influence, it is very reminiscent of a book. "The Stone Canal" by Ken McLeod. Really in many ways, this series seems, (in my opinion,) to be based on his work.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I read the book when it first came out.Awesome read.I knew James Purefoy was going to be showing his manhood-he did it in the HBO series Rome(excellent as well).Altered Carbon show was great stuff.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
LOVE this show!!

They were a little heavy handed on the sex though...damnn

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Considering the amount of nudity i am ok with the performers being beautiful people heck of a lot easier on the eyes than hairy beer guts and eggs nailed to wall....

I don't know if your were being sarcastic or not.

a reply to: JinMI

I'm sorry.. I won't send you pics of me in PM again

So mean....

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Welp, you had me at something.

I nicked another account on flixify, now theyre not open for registration I have to keep making myself new email accounts to invite myself to. 6 days to go before they bug me for premium.

I reckon I'll have this show sorted..

seen some of it, on flixify before I got distracted with legends of tomorrow, the arrow crossover. 3 season of that in 3 days. Holy smokes.

Watching this now I only remember parts as they appear, I forget how many episodes I watched, but it's now on pause because I can't do 2 things at once.. blokes, yannow...

they swear a lot
but it's definitely got top bewbs as well as a grouse story line.

I think.. if I can follow it. who am I kidding I'm not able to follow anything, I'm just in it for the bewbs.

*closes xhamst.. ahem, research tab*

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: schuyler
Just read the book, a great read. I'm reading one of two sequels now

Ummm...Cool...I’m definitely going to have to read the sequels...I’ve got the last four sequels of The Expanse to read as well...once I finish Ben Bova’s Survival...I’ve been trying to find the complete Mars color series by Kim Stanley Robinson (Red Mars...Blue Mars...etc)...I’ve read those first two they were very good...

If you like Robinson, try Aurora. 1000 people set out on a starship and take five generations to reach Tau Ceti where the only water world suitable for human life is called Aurora. Very well done.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm a noob about Netflix. Is there a way to watch this stuff offline? TIA

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You can download certain movies and shows to android and apple devices to watch later when you don't have internet access.... according to their website.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Just read the book, a great read. I'm reading one of two sequels now

Ummm...Cool...I’m definitely going to have to read the sequels...I’ve got the last four sequels of The Expanse to read as well...once I finish Ben Bova’s Survival...I’ve been trying to find the complete Mars color series by Kim Stanley Robinson (Red Mars...Blue Mars...etc)...I’ve read those first two they were very good...

If you like Robinson, try Aurora. 1000 people set out on a starship and take five generations to reach Tau Ceti where the only water world suitable for human life is called Aurora. Very well done.

Ummm...Thank you Schuyler...Aurora is definitely going on my list...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It's a great show, I finished it yesterday and the last episode is a mind blower. I had a bit of a broken heart for Tak at the end of the season.

The nudity is necessary within the context of the world it's set in. Sleeves are meat and people wouldn't care about nudity as much. Similar to the use of nudity with the androids in Westworld, another great series.

Season 2 is supposedly a go.

I feel like we're in the golden age of TV in the last 8 or so years. So many good shows and so little time to keep up with them!

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I'd send you an invite to flixify, 6 free days, but the proclivity to not divulge info means the offer would be typically how things go.

U2U me if you have a throwaway email address that you can use.

(flixify is like netflix but without all the rubbish restrictions on regions etc.)

flixify.com.../newtab

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
It's a great show, I finished it yesterday and the last episode is a mind blower. I had a bit of a broken heart for Tak at the end of the season.

The nudity is necessary within the context of the world it's set in. Sleeves are meat and people wouldn't care about nudity as much. Similar to the use of nudity with the androids in Westworld, another great series.

Season 2 is supposedly a go.

I feel like we're in the golden age of TV in the last 8 or so years. So many good shows and so little time to keep up with them!

OI !!! Spoilers Sweety...

I know you didn't really, but just... just... you know, I'm still on episode 6.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Finished it yesterday, and they left it open for a season 2, absolutely. And they better make good with it.

yet the show was completed in 2016, and it took till 2018 to air? this doesn't bode well for me. I don't want to wait that long if they dally the same.

By then my intentions to know where he goes next, will have evaporated. I'll have to watch the entire season 1 again and wait for season 2 to finish so I can binge on it.

Why do they always leave good shows hanging. Like firefly, cancelled and it was one of the best sci-fi shows I've seen. Same with the battlestar galactia offshoot, Caprica. They had it all set to be a brilliant show, but cancelled it and rushed the last episode so it was unfulfilled and dire.

It really does make it so there is no point watching intelligent shows. Just stick to the cartoons turned into shows. Mind you, legends of tomorrow was quite good. how it played off other movies and shows.. especially the Doctor Who allusions. Clever in a way. still, at least Counterpart is still airing. I have 1 and a half eps to go.

And found a nice little side track called Channel One on flixify, apparently based on an internet copypasta. If they ever do a version, or if anyone does, of that russian sleep experiment, I'll be right on it.

here's to good scifi drama, and less of the cartoonish "When will flash gordon run fast???//?/" stuff.. *I miss EZTV lol*

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I started watching this show shortly after reading this post...It has been binged and thoroughly enjoyed. By far one of the best Sci fi shows I have watched. Something about this show just works for me...Maybe it has to do with the fact that it reminds me a lot about life as we know it today...with more technology! The societal problems reflected here are all common ground...

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Finished filming in 2016, 1 year in post production due to F/X work.

Read an interview with the actress who played Tak's sister, that fight scene (you know the one) sounded like a major pain to film but she wanted to do it badly.

And now hearing Season 2 very probable considering they aren't required to use the same actors or actresses, that's the beauty of it provided they use the story from book 2 in the series and still have good actors and actresses.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I agree. It's good. It brings up a lot of psychological what ifs to ponder.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
And now hearing Season 2 very probable considering they aren't required to use the same actors or actresses, that's the beauty of it provided they use the story from book 2 in the series and still have good actors and actresses.

But i thought Agent Ortega was very good, i haven't read the books so i don't know if she is on the second book, is she?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Fantastic series. I also waited until I could dive in. Totally binged!
I thought it was excellent. *spoiler* The whole concept of 'Immortals' and how they would use humans after centuries of doing and having whatever they want?- yeah, the nudity def goes with the story. I did not think it was just there for eye candy. Very well done and now I can't wait for S:2!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join