It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this movie based on a ATS thread?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Well they did make a movie about Battleship and Rampage.

Why not.

Ugh.I can’t believe I watched Battleship.Still makes my brain hurt.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Hey, if Zaphod is over looked, what chance do us mouth breathers have??

My unveiling was because I talked to a guy who told me a lie. And I told him about Lockheed Martin and their fusion generator. He sat there non-plused about my “conspiracy theories” and left.

A few hours later is when my sighting happened.

He said he was a normal pilot doing a mundane run but I know pilots that run that do that run, and they are not so dismissive. And he seemed kind of amused at my “conspiracy theory” about Lockheed and the fusion reactor. Then I saw what I saw.

And yes to washing toilets!! I want off this rock (and a couple people I like)... any way.

The movie is on ITunes for 4.99, so will download next week and give a full review then!

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
ah triangles doing nifty stuff over a major city...good times.

don't worry underweks if people doubt you. I dont. I know you saw what you saw.

there will always be doubters. I mean, hey, look at me I shared my experience once on ats and everybody yawned and farted and thought I was a nutter looking for attention. it was enough that i didn't even bother to share the rest of what really happened, update the story, nor fully explain or share what I learned.

I try sometimes ... then realise its futile, and i just give up having learned it's better to stay quiet than set myself up for disappointing, callous responses from the peanut gallery on ATS.

take solace knowing that a few here on ATS believe you saw what you saw. and that youre part of a growing, semi exclusive but mostly silent club.
edit on 3-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Silence can be deafening, your experiences are never truly as alive as when you are recounting them to someone.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Whether people believe me or not, I don't really care. I know I've seen what I've seen. It's kind of cool knowing these things actually exist.

What they are is the million dollar question. All I can do is speculate, but I love speculating.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

yep

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

lol.

Yeah. I watched it too. Though I must say. When they get that battleship out into open water I got pretty pumped.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Your sighting might be something explainable.

A vantablack painted drone would be perfect for surveillance.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

battleship- I can't take anything
with rhiana in it seriously.
edit on 3-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Hey, hey, hey! Battleship was great big dumb fun and the aliens were cool. I love to watch it with my 2 boys.

Rampage, I'm cautious about but it might be good dumb fun too.

I saw a BBT during the Phoenix lights, I was way up on the North end of town in the desert with a friend. The one I saw did not have lights on it but it very obviously blotted out the stars.
edit on 4-3-2018 by SpartanStoic because: add BBT

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

She wasn't that big in it. So I was like. Whatever.

But when they got on the Battleship and started cutting the chains with Thunderstruck in the background. The movie got interesting.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I've toured the Iowa where she's based in long beach. pretty awesome tour. she's not as big as you'd think. the queen Mary is bigger and the cruise ships dwarf the mary. but the Iowa's got a whole different feel when you're aboard. passing in between 16 solid steel bulkheads is sureal. those main guns are a trip especially when you stand next to the shells.
edit on 4-3-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Your sighting might be something explainable.

A vantablack painted drone would be perfect for surveillance.

That's what I was thinking. It may not have been anything exotic, propulsion wise anyway. Maybe a lighter than air blimp style drone or something like that.

Thinking about it, I guess you'd have to test it out somewhere. And if it's meant to be used in cities what better place to test it out? It occured to me afterwards how little people actually look up. I wouldn't have even noticed it if the lights hadn't turned on.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:36 AM
link   

actuallty worst idea ever - a vantablack object would stand out as a " hole " in most natural environments

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

During the day? Even though with the object painted vanta black you can't make out any features on the object. There is 0 light reflection. Hard to identify features on something painted with that. All you'd see would be an outline.

And during the night. Be perfect for night time ops.

Looks like it's been photoshopped.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Lol, just watched it cause of your thread.

Wow, that was cheese on top of cheese and the special effects were comical . If the plot and story telling is good I can overlook the special effects and cheese (ie: twilight zone) . I did make it to the end but it was hard. Although the lead character (Sarah Butler) certainly made it easier to stick with it.

However, I would not be surprised someone involved in the movie has spent some time on ATS.
It even mentioned Fake news,lol

2/5 would be my rating.

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Finally watched the whole movie.

First thing is they only hinted at stuff. No real answers. And that sucks because it doesn’t answer the question of this thread!

While yes, a triangular shaped object is found in the desert it is only a device to get back to a robot war(and some gratuitous nude scenes thrown in... woot!) but the astr0 story is merely a curiosity in the end.

Wish it was different and a rip-off of astr0’s thread but it was a sexy sci-fi movie with a rather unanswered conclusion.

This would have been cool if I was a teenager but now.... going to give it a “watch if you have nothing else to do” but for an indie film, B-, which is nice.

Put it to you like this, De Es Machina was lame compared to this!!

But my opinion and I could be wrong!!

Thanks for the tip!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join