It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Project- It really happened

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neelius
After that incident Tesla was found murdered in his hotel room and the doors were locked from the inside.
I think children in America should learn in schools who really invented the electricity, couse every man; woman or child in whole world (Europe) knows that was Tesla who invented it.

Tesla was NOT murdered - see below. He died in his sickly old age because of an eating disorder associated with his obsessive compulsive tendencies.

Tesla did NOT invent electricity, your maker did.

Through the years, Tesla began to give up meat, and eventually some time in the 1930's, he just about gave up solid foods altogether. He drank bowls of warm milk and a combination potion made from the hearts of numerous vegetables such as artichokes and celery. He also ate honey.
By the time he was in his 80's he was cadaverously thin. The last published photo of him when he was 86 is clear that he was close to death. It is such a scary picture that I have refused to display it at any of the lectures. He is much thinner in this picture than the famous one taken just a few months before when he met with his nephew, Sava Kosanovic, ambassador from Yugoslavia, and the exiled King Peter, of Serbia. It is my belief that Tesla simply died of old age. He was 86. But I also think that he hastened his death through his anorexic eating style.

From www.netsense.net...

Zip

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
there was no time travel but only optical and radar invisibility

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
there was no time travel but only optical and radar invisibility

then how did it get to a diffrent place then go back.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
When i was a kid i read in one of those very large mystery books about that project trying to make ships invisable to radar using large electro magnets.Im not sure but i think the idea might have came from a similar method used to change the magnetic signature of a ship to avoid setting off certain mines the nazis were using to destroy ships in the Thames during the war maybe they thought they could take things a step further later on . hope this might help a little. tfc.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefinalconflict
When i was a kid i read in one of those very large mystery books about that project trying to make ships invisable to radar using large electro magnets.Im not sure but i think the idea might have came from a similar method used to change the magnetic signature of a ship to avoid setting off certain mines the nazis were using to destroy ships in the Thames during the war maybe they thought they could take things a step further later on . hope this might help a little. tfc.

Yeah it's called de-gaussing. That was the original purpose of the experiment. The Allies found a mine with one word on it "Gauss" named after Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss. Gauss is a word for the measurement of a unit of electromagnetic force in 1/1000ths.

Edit: This was the first electro-magnetic mine and the Allies had no way to prtotect themselves from these mines, thus the use for the PE

[edit on 10-18-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ive just gotten to know about this project, my friend was talking about it and it was really intresting, alot of it makes u think its real, but thats becuz we have no idea what alot of the mentioned technology does. just my 2 cents, i also am a true believer that this happened.

And what about this? Do you think this has any connection to the phi project? www.johntitor.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
John Titor has been debunked endlessly here. Big time hoax.

The surviving crew of the Eldridge claim that the theories surrounding the supposed Philadelphia/Whatever Project are completely ridiculous. There is only one original source for this hoax with no supporting evidence whatsoever. You can search the board for debunkings.

Zip

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
yea, ive been looking up alot of info on this subject, alot of it seems really real, like other peoples theroys, like the one were u hear a plane, u look up but cant see it, and u just natural assume that its behind a cloud, maybe the plane is invisable, cuz i have looked up when there are no clouds and it bothers the hell outa me

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
John Titor has been debunked endlessly here. Big time hoax.

The surviving crew of the Eldridge claim that the theories surrounding the supposed Philadelphia/Whatever Project are completely ridiculous. There is only one original source for this hoax with no supporting evidence whatsoever. You can search the board for debunkings.

Zip

Lots of supporting evidence, if you have actually talked to any of the "surviving members" the ones who lived aren't exactly right in the head, but exposure to an extremely intense magnetic field can do that to a person. Try a foia request like the history channel did when they did the documentary on it, it's not exactly classified any more.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjhru
yea, ive been looking up alot of info on this subject, alot of it seems really real, like other peoples theroys, like the one were u hear a plane, u look up but cant see it, and u just natural assume that its behind a cloud, maybe the plane is invisable, cuz i have looked up when there are no clouds and it bothers the hell outa me

Light travels faster than sound, the plane is gone by the time you are hearing it.

Zip

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neelius

I think children in America should learn in schools who really invented the electricity, couse every man; woman or child in whole world (Europe) knows that was Tesla who invented it.

tesla didn't invent electricity, anymore than someone can invent gravity.
he pioneered A/C current , primarily for business reasons.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZipdotLight travels faster than sound, the plane is gone by the time you are hearing it.

Zip

Wrong, light CAN travel faster than sound but the only place the speed of light is a constant is in math, not in reality. The speed of light is relative. /grin

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
isnt it true that if u travel faster than the speed of the earths rotatation but in reverse the the earths roataion ur actually travelling back in time . simple and true. but wat if u increase that speed?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonas
isnt it true that if u travel faster than the speed of the earths rotatation but in reverse the the earths roataion ur actually travelling back in time . simple and true. but wat if u increase that speed?

yes, this is true, .....in superman movies.
in real life, ......no.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Time travel is real, not all of what you read is true, but one thing I have learned up till now is anything the Human mind can think of can be done in the physical.

I have been part of 3 different types of time travel. One is of the type when your mind can be at a location anywhere in time and relay the data back to HOST party.

The second was when I was taken for a ride �Not at my request� in a foreign ship!

The 3rd was when I was part of a time travel experiment/dimension shifting.

I have over the last 20 odd years been trying to get back all my memory of the before mentioned events.

I still have most of my gifts. I�m looking for any one else who knows what I mean and has played some part.

�No crack Pots need reply and I don�t want to get into a debate of real vs. not real. Just want to fill in my blanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I apologise if this has been brought up already, I only skim-read through this 6-page long thread.

"How would we know? If we went back and changed something, if you follow "Back to the Future 2" logic, it would create an alternate 2003 and said time traveler would go back to alternate 2003"

I read an interview with a man who claimed to have been part of the so called "Montauk Project" which according to him was closely linked with the Philadelphia Experiment. His explanation in reply to this idea was as follows (paraphrased from memory).

"The famous cliche of what would happen if I were to go back in time and kill my own grandfather would actually happen something like this: If I were to travel back in time and kill my grandfather, at the moment where I killed my grandfather time would "branch" off into an alternative timeline. I would continue to exist in this alternative timeline as an "outsider" where my grandfather was dead, but the time I belonged in would carry on without me and with no knowledge of this alternative co-existing time branch, my grandfather in this timeline would have lived his life out to its natural end as normal. Without time travel equipment I would in no uncertain terms be stuck in the past in an alternative timeline where anything could happen in the future."

He went on to say that several "changes" in time had been made by the agents assigned to the project, and he assured the interviewer this is indeed how time works. Of course me and you wouldn't know about it as no changes can be made in our own time branch's past - apparently they tried early on and this is how they found out about the alternative branches. Apparently there are many many realities, "parallel universes" if you will, such as one where the Nazis won WW2, as well as many where less significant changes existed and continue to exist.

He also says the Philadelphia expt did not happen as is commonly believed, and even the well-known conspiracy version of events is actually just a cover for the real nature of the expt - which involved an early and unsuccessful tipple with these ideas of interdimensional time travel using electromagnetic fields and the like. Apparently when the ship returned men were found "melded" into the bulkheads of the ship as they found they could pass through the solid walls of their ship due to some sort of scary re-arrangement of their bodies' molecular structure during the time they were in this "time loop" or whatever you want to call it. When they returned to our reality, they reformed their original bodily structure and those unfortunate souls who were exercising their newfound ability to walk through walls were meshed with the ship's architecture. Needless to say those who survived were severely PTSD'd and were retired to looney bins after severe post event hypno and psychotherapy, bka "deprogamming".

Among other things mentioned was a reccy mission to mars to study what looked like an ancient ruined settlement - apparently there was no life - and many trips into the past and future but the team found that they couldn't "land" anyone between the years of 2011 and 2013 - apparently this must have been due to some sort of significant electromagnetic anomaly as this is one of the things their time travel machine worked with was electromagnetic energy - and if ever they landed a person in a date after 2013 the earth's surface was a barren wasteland apparently no longer inhabited by humans.

As an interesting aside neither the interviewer nor interviewee mentioned anything about the end of the Mayan long count, indicating they either left it out deliberately to make this hoax appear more convinving to people who are aware of it or they genuinely knew nothing of it and this time travelling corrroborates what is probably the most reliable "end of times" theory on the market.

If i remember rightly the technology itself was derived from an alien race (the greys perhaps) - and that this is how the greys reached our own solar system. Several races were present for the expts, including a non-hostile blue-grey race similar to the greys but larger (about 8ft tall) and peaceful who apprently did and do not have much contact with humans and a race of humanoids apparently identical to us in appearance and who always seemed high. I don't remember if a reptilian race was mentioned or not.

Of course it could all be a load of claptrap just as it could all be shockingly true - no way of knowing - his talk of alternative timelines branching off at the point of unnatural change and alternative realities co-existing with our own ties in with a current scientific theory that is apparently given a lot of credence and proposes this exact same "multiple reality" theory based on a close study of the way in which the minutest of particles behave. I am ashamed to admit I did read a book containing a whole chapter about this very theory but can't remember a whole lot of it as I don't have a very scientific mind and to be totally honest I didn't buy it - perhaps a scientist among us can embellish.

I remember a few years back a couple of physicists managed to cause a particle of light to travel back in time by a fraction of a second through a vacuum. Time travel has already officially happened, maybe someone who knows more about this expt can embellish here too.

Interesting stuff.

V

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
In a way... I'm not sure If I believe in the whole Alternate 2003 thing. I believe that no matter what you do to try and change the future, it cannot be done. Everything that is happening is set for life... noone can change that. If I decided to go back in time to kill Cleopatra, we would still be learning about Cleopatra. Because while I had decided to kill Cleopatra, in reality I had already done so 2000 years before. So if you just all of a sudden decided to change something in the past, you wouldn't be able to because you already would have gone and done it. As I said earlier in these posts, I'm assuming the only way of really altering the future is to kill a Vast amount of people.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor the Cleaner

I know this reply is two years late, but that was some good information "Victor The Cleaner" wrote above.

My wife was telling me about this story last night that I never heard of until then. Interesting theory, if this was done back in the 40s, I wonder where we are at now? (If True).

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
People just dont get it .... what if they had silenced tesla earlier and dc power won the battle..... what if you didnt have a wall plug as you know it today. Equate that with whats going on today with fossil fuels and green power sources and you see a scary reality happening all over again ... I sure hope some inventor like Tesla decides to give it all up just to see his idea/tech used mainstream. This man needs way more credit ... the experiment in question was a high power electromagnet exp that went bad and fused people in metal. We would probably all know this if the government had'nt hidden all of Tesla's work ect.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Cloaking...okay. Teleportation? No way. Think of how much power it takes to fire up a linear accelerator to just take apart one atom. Now times that by the trillions and trillions and trillions atoms composing a person. Once you get them apart, it would take a stack of 100GB harddrives stacked 1/3 of the way to the moon just to store all that data. That's just for one person, not a large ship and crew. That is just to dematerialize something, putting you back together again is a lot more complicated. Teleportation...no way. Not yet at least.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join