It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Project- It really happened

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That's weird... It says Crossofcrimson has the last post here, but I cannot see it. It shows my last post AS the last post.

Hmm... I figured if I posted it wuld show it... Oh well.

[edit on 14-8-2004 by DarkHelmet]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
this is my first post here but this talk of time travel sickened me greatly..

anyone who did basic physics should be familiar with einsteins theory of relativity.. inertial frames of references.. e=mc2 .. the whole kit..

im not going to lay out the specifics to the formula.. but his theories include the possibility of time travel - which can be achieved by simply surpassing the speed of light. this however cannot be instantaneous - but it must be accelerated to. unfortunately this theory is flawed.. as when you reached the speed of light according to e=mc2 your mass would become infinite.

all this talk of magnets bending light.. pfft.. immense GRAVITY can bend light.. not magnetic forces... gravity and mass are the keys to theoretical time travel... not uber electromagnets and such... i would adopt the theory that the philly experiment was a load of bs... as Aelita pointed out...

sorry for digging up an old thread but read through it was excruciating at best...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It may have been broached, but I wanted to bring up the subject of the Philadelphia Experiment, and it's similarities to the Hutchinson Effect. It is said similar gravitational devices, and Sound frequencies were used for both.

Anyone Else hear this?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
From my understanding, the philadephia experiment involved basically wrapping a ship in high voltage cables and crossing fingers than the extremely high voltages would somehow cancel out radiowave reflection? In which case, the "accounts" of soldiers becoming fused with the ship sound to me ALOT like the hutchinson effect.

Alot of urban legends are based on some truth, so is it possible that the whole ship disappearing & time travelling thing is pure fantasy, however due to the hutchinson effect, the reports of soldiers becoming fused with the ship were real?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Does anybody know a book or website that gives the FULL story?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
classified documents were released to the public in 1972 concerning experiments involving electro-magnetic fields on the human organism done by the USSR. The subjects suffered side effects, however the power used on the subjects did not use the large amount of power that was needed on the Eldridge and the subjects did not suffer any of the effects the Eldridge crew but rather suffered dizziness,loss of memory,depression and some others. I read this recently ( in a book, not the documents mentioned above ) so I'm not sure if this is true or the documents in question actually exist but I will try to look them up.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by perverse
as when you reached the speed of light according to e=mc2 your mass would become infinite.

If I'm correct, e=mc2 is Energy= mass time the Speed of light squared. How does this make your mass infinite when you reach the speed of light? Wouldn't that mean that light itself has an infinite mass then?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet

Originally posted by perverse
as when you reached the speed of light according to e=mc2 your mass would become infinite.

If I'm correct, e=mc2 is Energy= mass time the Speed of light squared. How does this make your mass infinite when you reach the speed of light? Wouldn't that mean that light itself has an infinite mass then?

Actually, as the speed of the object is increased, the inertial mass of the object also increases. For speeds significantly less than the speed of light, the increase in mass is nearly imperceptible, but as the speed of light is approached, the mass starts to increase very rapidly toward infinity. Theoretically, the mass would become infinite if the object could be accelerated all the way to the speed of light. However, because the acceleration of an object in response to a given force is inversely proportional to its inertial mass, as the speed of light is approached the force required actually to reach the speed of light also becomes infinite. Therefore, it is impossible actually to accelerate an object with non-zero rest mass to the speed of light.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
Actually, as the speed of the object is increased, the inertial mass of the object also increases. For speeds significantly less than the speed of light, the increase in mass is nearly imperceptible, but as the speed of light is approached, the mass starts to increase very rapidly toward infinity. Theoretically, the mass would become infinite if the object could be accelerated all the way to the speed of light. However, because the acceleration of an object in response to a given force is inversely proportional to its inertial mass, as the speed of light is approached the force required actually to reach the speed of light also becomes infinite. Therefore, it is impossible actually to accelerate an object with non-zero rest mass to the speed of light.

very nice. however, what if there was another unseen variable in another dimension? or what if light IS infinite mass? what if mass could be circumvented by vibrationally raising objects to another plane?
i'm pretty sure a slug can't repair an automobile. i'm pretty sure, you can't imagine ceasar's palace when you live in a school of fish.
don't stop being logically minded, but never forget PERCEPTION is a very big word.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I wonder if they found any "fused" bones when the broke up the Eldridge for scrap?

www.zamandayolculuk.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

I wonder if they found any "fused" bones when the broke up the Eldridge for scrap?

www.zamandayolculuk.com...

presuming the experiment actually happened, one must assume that any bone-enfused metal would have been replaced. i mean you can't have deck hands swabbing, uh, ....deck hands, arms and legs.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

very nice. however, what if there was another unseen variable in another dimension? or what if light IS infinite mass? what if mass could be circumvented by vibrationally raising objects to another plane?
i'm pretty sure a slug can't repair an automobile. i'm pretty sure, you can't imagine ceasar's palace when you live in a school of fish.
don't stop being logically minded, but never forget PERCEPTION is a very big word.

Those are some pretty big "what-if's". I tend to go with what has already been proven mathematically as seen by here:

and here:

The amount of kinetic energy required to bring the velocity closer to the speed of light approaches infinity. This is because it to reach a speed of c, it would take an infinite amount of energy to accelerate an infinite amount of mass to c. Also, if the velocity were equal to c, the equation would fall apart because there would be a zero in the denominator. Therefore, we can conclude that it is not possible to travel up to or beyond the speed of light.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep

Those are some pretty big "what-if's". I tend to go with what has already been proven mathematically as seen by here:
....snip.....
Therefore, we can conclude that it is not possible to travel up to or beyond the speed of light.

granted, those are big ifs. i don't believe any of them circumvents any working physics formulas. if you add something to one side of an equation, you simply must add it to the other side as well.
i'm a huge math fan. however, i like dealing in concepts even more. the thing with math is you need to have ALL the signifigant variables.
what about that mysterious place where particles wink in and out of existance? where do they go? where do they come from? this is where einstien breaks down, just as newton did before him. what about nonlocality? that is the instantaneous transmission of information over vast distances. i think you know what i'm talking about. that is faster than light.
of course there is the whole wormhole possibility, too.
quantum formulas work both forwards and backwards in time, in fact, they insist on time going in both directions.
and then, there is the fabric of spacetime. we don't really know what it is, although the theory is in constant advance. all that dark matter making up the majority of space is a newborn in our collective consciousness.
i think just putting a gazzilion horsepower motor on a spaceship and putting the petal to the metal won't work, i agree. but the linitations described by you are asuming you are interested in galactic travel through space at 'warp' speeds. the philadelphia experiment is supposed to have happened on a stationary ship. so it would be the enviroment that is changed, not the ship. a portal that bypasses spacetime, and therefore the 'laws' of spacetime, would have to have been created.
so, while you are free to come to that conclusion, i will keep my mind working on possibilities. science is never finished.

i'm going to do a phylodough ferya experiment, soon, to prove that thyme travel is possible.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Do you know who was in charge of Philadelphia Project?
In American schools they teach children that Thomas Edison invented the electricity�?
Nikola Tesla, genie from Croatia who invented electricity, radio waves, microwaves, radar, beams of death (laser), who discovered how to manipulate atmospheric phenomenon�s also discovered the way to destroy oil industry and pollution by finding source of energy in our own atmosphere after what his financial benefactors (US government) stopped giving him funds for experiments but insisted on performing one last experiment that will later on be known in history as Project Philadelphia. Project Philadelphia was at first just an experiment with a goal to disappear on enemy�s radars. Actually it become more than that. Tesla found a way to transport objects through space, not through time. What happened after they cut his funds, Tesla sabotaged his own experiment by switching the polls on his machine. Reports and witnesses described a ship disappearing and appearing five days later at the different sight. Bodies were found mixed with a ship, they were all dead. All of them were trapped partially or more in the walls of the ship.
After that incident Tesla was found murdered in his hotel room and the doors were locked from the inside.
Today a very few people know who he was, and the reality is that almost everything �the modern man� has today, had been invented partially or entirely by him.
I think children in America should learn in schools who really invented the electricity, couse every man; woman or child in whole world (Europe) knows that was Tesla who invented it.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Okay, I think you have a really great theory here! Lets see something though- the effects of 60 years worth of time travel. I mean, there must have been some disastrous experiments at first, right? Like the Philadelphia experiment itself, as an example. But where are some of the other effects? Where is the present-day evidence of this perfected technology?

Would there be present day evidence of time stream tampering? Wouldn't we just remember the revised timeline as if it was the only one that ever existed? What if somewhere back in time, things were manipulated so that GWB was made president, and if in fact Al Gore had won in the original permutation of the timestream? Would we know that GWB hadn't always been prez?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Tesla, while a genius, didn't "invent" electricity, but his AC/DC power is certainly worthy of praise. I had the good fortune to recently visit Niagra Falls, and there's actually a rather nice statue of the man there... Shame most around me couldn't appreciate who he was...*sigh*...

Personally, I'm of the opinion that it, and the Montauk Project, are bunk. If this were true, I doubt we'd be letting the Eldridge go the way it has... Likewise, the stories of hull fusing, etc. all resonate from the same unreliable sources... There doesn't seem to be much to suggest that it was more than what it was stated to be, an experiment in hiding the ship from torpedoes. It is a great yarn though...but the debunking scores more than the support for this one in my book...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I may be the only 15 year old to know who he was. But I do believe I mentioned Tesla when I first started this thread a while ago. Now what I heard was that the ship disappeared, reportedly showed up in a Virginian Harbor, and 5 HOURS later just "appeared" back in philadelphia. As i said before, they moved these experiments deep out in the Atlantic, far from civilization. If what happened didn't happen, then why would it be necessary to move the experiments out to see?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well if they didnt happen then the navy probably went , "lets keep this under wraps and move it 2 sea" but i agree it is suspcios. if it did then its quite funky.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufochaser
I think it is possible that it really happened and like you said if they figured out how to time travel back then, how far have they come with it now? I am not sure we have traveled thru time yet. How would we know? If we went back and changed something, if you follow "Back to the Future 2" logic, it would create an alternate 2003 and said time traveler would go back to alternate 2003.

Well, think of the year 1776... If any time travelling has ever affected the world, I think that's where we would find something.
I, myself, don't believe that anyone or anything in the universe has ever travelled backwards in time, but I believe it's possible that someone or something has moved forwards, somewhere along the line in the grand history of the universe.

Zip

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join