It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Project- It really happened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
CONCERNING THE COLUMBIA SHUTTLE......

Is it also strage that a hacking group call the TrippinSmurfs hacked NASA 1 day before the crash??

Just a thought that maybe that may have been another explination.

Oh and right after the hack happened,the group broke up and people dissappered. We never heard about it except direct from some members of the group, which now either deny or have dissappeared or say leave it alone.

Anyone else know about this??

Thanks

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
hmm sunds ethier something dodgy or some people got guilty concieces
i think te philidelphia exsperiment happaned
i was just wonderin what would it take to recreat a similar exsperiment?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I could bet a lot that the Philadelphia did indeed happen.

In my views, what happened is roughly what they expected: they wanted a ship to be invisible. It was. Basically it was a success, but like a very new medication that's not been tested and improved, it had a lot of side effects: the ship disappeared because it actually moved, the people were not ready/made to move with it (thus the problems with them)...

I think, so far, no one has ever guessed the correct use of that technology and the experiment has not been redone so far because they then realized how dangerous it was. Their experiment was in some way a success, but in most ways a dramatic accident. This is why it has never so far been re-tested.

The story about the ship appearing in 1983 in Montauk is pure invention. It would have been known. By then, if some farmer in a remote area would spot something unusual the whole world would know. If some people (quite several actually, given the place and time) had spotted a 1943 ship, they'd have talked!

By the way, by the time we know how to do it by ourselves, someone had taught us already...

Just opinions...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
To me the philadelphia experiment has always been like the alleged aztec ufo crash. Lots and Lots of conflicting evidence, supposed credible sources who turn out to be not so credible.

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by ufochaser
That's right. Thanks for the correction. I forgot they said it could have been corrected before take off. But still, it's not an exact science, and I would think that if we could make light speed obsolete, something like launching a space shuttle, having it perform a mission and landing should be able to be performed with our eyes closed. I would think this would have to be an exact science in order to move on. Unless the whole light speed thing is obsoleted by just simply teleporting from point a(Earth) to point b(I don't know, Jupiter)...But still Light Speed would have to be mastered at that point, would it not? I don't have a degree in quantum physics or anything like that so I could be way off base, but that is my thinking on the light speed issue....
Time travel...If you are in the present(has been written) and you go back to the past(has been written), even if you stay there, you are going to screw up the future(present) somehow. Because if you take the knowledge of today and feed it to the right people of the past, you change the future. It doesn't matter that you stayed there, you changed the future(present) by staying in the past as well. So the only benefit to travelling to the past, changing something and then travelling to the present is to see the change(and live it). Unless you are saying that by going to the past and changing something, you are rewriting time, thus erasing the current present and rewriting the current present, therefore, going to the future if you are in the past is made impossible because it has been erased and not rewritten yet.
Whew!
ufo

Actually, if you are in the present it is not "has been written". It is "is being written". Your concept of the past is correct.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Seekerof]

Actually the research and physics suggests the possibility of infinite parallel universes so if you went back in time and changed the past you would enter a new parallel universe in the present which would have no effect on everyone else in your old future.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
IT did happen and thats scary stuff I belive that when they jumped time there bodies became part of the ship because they where travling as one but also some left the ship all together and was seen walking thru a bar wall right in front of the customers and the bar was down the coast from where the boat reappeared

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was watching the History Channel last year and they debunked the whole "Phliadelphia Experiment" as being a Science Fiction Fantasy written by someone named Carl Allen aka Carlos Allende.

The only thing that happened was there was a magnet de-Gausser which made the ship Eldridge invisible to Magnetic Mines.

They did that to all such ships.

They provided witnesses who are still alive like the Captain who swear it never happened.

Back in the 1980's they sent the Aircraft Carrier USS Ranger out in the Pacific and sent the whole fleet looking for it and they couldnt find it!

It was hiding in an artificial fog that it's Nuclear Reactor made!

It had been painted in Steath paint!

Even the Air Force couldn't find them!

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Trust me, it really happened................I was there and I'm only 31!

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangermouse

perhaps you can explain the time torus to us then. the seven planes? higher dimensional geometry? orgone? folding space? the smallest 'particle'?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I read three or four books on the subject about ten years ago, and I remember that they were working with magnetic resonancing and that the disappearance of that ship was accidental and that the ship reappeared with out any effort on the Navy's part. Do you think that it was rejected at Norfolk by some force that misplaced the human element in sending it back to philadelphia? Teletransportation may be achievable for inaminate objects but maybe not for humans.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by dangermouse

perhaps you can explain the time torus to us then. the seven planes? higher dimensional geometry? orgone? folding space? the smallest 'particle'?

I could try but I was joking.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I believe something probably DID happen, there is far to much evidence and loose ends that cannot otherwise be explained.

But as to exactly WHAT happened that is entirely another matter. I doubt if it was time travel though, in the normally understood sense. It may have been some sort of inter-dimensional travel, in which case there may not have been any change in time or location, it just sort of de-materialized somehow.

If that is what happened, and it proved lethal and the effects uncontrollable, I am not surprised no further work has been done on it.

Would you volunteer ???

I doubt very much if the problems of time travel have been solved yet. If George Bush KNEW what was going to happen in the future, he would not be stuffing up as badly as he is, and neither would the military.

Another well known problem of time travel is that the earth and solar system are not stationary. If you could suddenly go back to yesterday, you would materialize out in space somewhere a long way from the earth. To successfully time travel you also need to travel vast distances through space, it is difficult see how this could ever possibly work.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
in this game called red alert 2 there is a chronosphere device which allows you to transport troops across the map in matter of seconds....only drawback is that itll kill infantry if that device had touched them....maybe its much like the philidelphia experiment....and i saw on a cartoon where someone was testing a teleportation device but than an insect got into it and the masses merged and became a hu-sect lol

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Some stuff from the Navy

www.history.navy.mil...

www.history.navy.mil...

and some interesting information on the fate of the Eldridge
www.softwareartist.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufochaser
If we went back and changed something, if you follow "Back to the Future 2" logic, it would create an alternate 2003 and said time traveler would go back to alternate 2003.

You can't change the past or the future. I'll try to explain why.

Let's say some neo-nazi invents a time machine that he made to go back in time to help hitler win the war. I can tell you exactly what happened, and what will happen every time he or his cohorts try this: THEY WILL FAIL. Its hard to explain, but the best way to put it is that there was never a point in time where he did not go back in time. He already went into the past.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Time travel plays hell on the adjectives, doesn't it?

Philadelphia experiment:
Realistically speaking, even if it was done, I would think that it would be kept under wraps, as this technology would be excellent for warfighting.

Time travel:
I believe that it's possible. We have empirical data to prove that it's possible, although not in the way that we imagine. Myself, I think that time is an illusion anyway, very much the way that matter is an illusion.

I may well be off the deep end.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by elmariachi

Let's say some neo-nazi invents a time machine that he made to go back in time to help hitler win the war. I can tell you exactly what happened, and what will happen every time he or his cohorts try this: THEY WILL FAIL. Its hard to explain, but the best way to put it is that there was never a point in time where he did not go back in time. He already went into the past.

if it's hard to explain, then there's probably a hole in your proverbial boat. perhaps it's a quantum parallel universe wormhole.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ever since I started this thread, I have been extremely interested in the Philadelphia Experiment. At the time I believed in Time travel in all forms,but not the teleportation thing. I now believe that Time ravel is only possible into the past, since the fuure has not already happened, unless we ARE the past. I also believe in the transportation systems, and reconfiguring molecules in our bodies and such. yes, I believe the philadelphia Experiment happened. If something didn't go wrong, then how come they tested it in the harbor there in Philadelphia, but then made all of their other tests, far out in the middle of the Atlantic?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by elmariachi

if it's hard to explain, then there's probably a hole in your proverbial boat. perhaps it's a quantum parallel universe wormhole.

This coming from the man who thinks contrails are chemical experiments on the general public.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If the Philie Experiment transported something through time or space, did it take the water, too? did the water around the Eldridge get transported? Then was a there a huge, i don't know, DIVOT in the ocean that closed with a big splash?

When the eldridge returned, what happened to the water it displaced? an artificial tsunami? That would be some cool military tech in and of itself.

You know, in movies like "The Fly," they at least had teleportation chambers. But if you could 'beam up' ships without a teleportation chamber, we'd have conquered the world by now. We could just make the enemy's weapons teleport to an alternate dimension!

What about this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join