It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Project- It really happened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If in fact the Philadelphia Experiment really happened, (Ship being transported through time and space) This would be a technological breakthrough. If They have figured out how to travel through time, then Astronauts would not have to cope with G-Force and Age deviation when traveling Light Years from Earth. Actually, the term " Lightyear" wouldn't even be important anymore, because light speed will no longer be a barrier in Space Travel.The Green mist that was reported to be on the ship when it reappeared, is similar to other green hazes. I've seen documentaries on the History Channel of pilots reporting a green haze right before they vanished into thin air in the Bermuda Triangle, there have been reportings of a green haze around UFO's. To know that the time of this Experiment was sometime in 1943, makes us wonder just how much the military/government has perfected it. I think this hole event happened. I also think we've been traveling through time for almost 60 years! Also... Is it coincidence that the covert agencycurrently researching UFO technology is housed in the Department Of Naval Intelligence and that the Experiment was conducted by the Department of Naval Intelligence? I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about this subject.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I do think that the perverbial 'jury' is still out on that.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think it is possible that it really happened and like you said if they figured out how to time travel back then, how far have they come with it now? I am not sure we have traveled thru time yet. How would we know? If we went back and changed something, if you follow "Back to the Future 2" logic, it would create an alternate 2003 and said time traveler would go back to alternate 2003. As for making light years obsolete, seems to me that would make shuttles an old technology, so why would we still be having shuttle accidents that shut down NASA for like 6 months-1 year?
Let me know if this makes no sense. Time travel is a BIG interest of mine and I enjoy discussing it.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I believe they transported yes. Through time??? Maybe. To comment on

I also think we've been traveling through time for almost 60 years!

I believe when been time traveling or using a for of "Stargate" for 1000's of years. It would make a lot of since about how smart past civilizations were. Bermuda triangl... I think it is where a stargate exists or once existed.

In previous posts in time travel I have stated that time travel into the past I believe is very possible. But if you went to the past you owuld have to stay there. For the future would not have been written yet because you would of messed it up. Time travel is impossible in every since of the word in my opinion.

What happened during the Philadelphia Project in my opinion was a transport. From point a to point c. No traveling on road b to get there. Why the bodies were molded to the ship??? I dont know. I have more but can't think of it all at once. I'll write more later.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Original by ufochaser
so why would we still be having shuttle accidents that shut down NASA for like 6 months-1 year?

The shuttle wasn't an accident. NASA knew about it and could have prevented it. Someone on ATS also said that China had something to do with it. I dont know. I do know that Columbia could have been prevented.

Time Travel is an interest of mine too.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Philedelpia Experiment was a experiment dealing with 'masking' or making a ship 'invisable' to radar. I do understand that their have been accusations to the opposite.

I do think its interesting within itself, but it can not be confirmed empirically that the PE was a theoritcal experiment in or on 'teleportation', 'time travel', etc.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
To Reply to Seekerof

I believe it started out as "'masking' or making a ship 'invisable' to radar" but they stumbled on this by accident. Like the drug '___'. Total accident.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Perhaps the U.S. government would not like the public to know about transporting devices yet. Maybe they are still using the old shuttles to kind of cover for their experimental "Shuttles" that can transported through space.Maybe they are just scared that If this technology was given away to the wrong people, they could do some pretty bad things. What kind of things? I don't know... It's just a guess. The only other thing is maybe they haven't perfected it, and are not going to use this technology until this technology is refined and nearly 100% safe.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
That's right. Thanks for the correction. I forgot they said it could have been corrected before take off. But still, it's not an exact science, and I would think that if we could make light speed obsolete, something like launching a space shuttle, having it perform a mission and landing should be able to be performed with our eyes closed. I would think this would have to be an exact science in order to move on. Unless the whole light speed thing is obsoleted by just simply teleporting from point a(Earth) to point b(I don't know, Jupiter)...But still Light Speed would have to be mastered at that point, would it not? I don't have a degree in quantum physics or anything like that so I could be way off base, but that is my thinking on the light speed issue....
Time travel...If you are in the present(has been written) and you go back to the past(has been written), even if you stay there, you are going to screw up the future(present) somehow. Because if you take the knowledge of today and feed it to the right people of the past, you change the future. It doesn't matter that you stayed there, you changed the future(present) by staying in the past as well. So the only benefit to travelling to the past, changing something and then travelling to the present is to see the change(and live it). Unless you are saying that by going to the past and changing something, you are rewriting time, thus erasing the current present and rewriting the current present, therefore, going to the future if you are in the past is made impossible because it has been erased and not rewritten yet.
Whew!
ufo

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You would not have to master light speed. There is no speed involved. Its going from point a to c with no road (b). There would be no speed involved it would be instantanious.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufochaser
That's right. Thanks for the correction. I forgot they said it could have been corrected before take off. But still, it's not an exact science, and I would think that if we could make light speed obsolete, something like launching a space shuttle, having it perform a mission and landing should be able to be performed with our eyes closed. I would think this would have to be an exact science in order to move on. Unless the whole light speed thing is obsoleted by just simply teleporting from point a(Earth) to point b(I don't know, Jupiter)...But still Light Speed would have to be mastered at that point, would it not? I don't have a degree in quantum physics or anything like that so I could be way off base, but that is my thinking on the light speed issue....
Time travel...If you are in the present(has been written) and you go back to the past(has been written), even if you stay there, you are going to screw up the future(present) somehow. Because if you take the knowledge of today and feed it to the right people of the past, you change the future. It doesn't matter that you stayed there, you changed the future(present) by staying in the past as well. So the only benefit to travelling to the past, changing something and then travelling to the present is to see the change(and live it). Unless you are saying that by going to the past and changing something, you are rewriting time, thus erasing the current present and rewriting the current present, therefore, going to the future if you are in the past is made impossible because it has been erased and not rewritten yet.
Whew!
ufo

Actually, if you are in the present it is not "has been written". It is "is being written". Your concept of the past is correct.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If you were transporting from one place to another it requires no speed. Also to clear this up... I think the technology to be able to transport somewhere is a 100% gauruntee, but I'm about 50% with Time Travel. I don't know whether I'm for time travel, or against it... There are so many Pro's and Con's about it that It's nearly impossible to decide whether it's good or bad.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
GiantsFan,
I had thought about that(Space Shuttle being used to fool everyone) and that is a good point. There are a ton of things being hidden for one reason or another.
ufo

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The Philadelphia Project
I recall this from a distant memory but could use a link to refresh my memory.
Seeferof, can you help me a bit?
Like you would put it
Regards
Deep

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
BY guarantee do you mean that we have done it successfully or mastered it or have been doing it?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   

To know that the time of this Experiment was sometime in 1943, makes us wonder just how much the military/government has perfected it. I think this hole event happened. I also think we've been traveling through time for almost 60 years!

Okay, I think you have a really great theory here! Lets see something though- the effects of 60 years worth of time travel. I mean, there must have been some disastrous experiments at first, right? Like the Philadelphia experiment itself, as an example. But where are some of the other effects? Where is the present-day evidence of this perfected technology?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What I meant by that was that I think Transporting is 100% POSSIBLE... I don't no whether it has been done or will ever be done... I just think it is a certainty. Also, A book that has a good article about the Philadelphia Experiment Is a book written by Kent Davis Moberg, a friend of my Grand-fathers. That is where i got most of my information I used to open this topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Here is probably one of the most informative and 'fairly' rational ones out there.

www.navalships.org...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ever since I read about the experiment I've wondered about the advances they could have made... I'm only 14 too so my mind is open to wild things, i guess that's another thing that got me thinking about it... I don't know of any other times there have been reports of anything close to the Philadelphia Experiment... I know they did some far out see testing after this all happened though...

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
not see testing... I meant testing in the middle of the Ocean

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join