It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONFIRMED - Broward County Officers Were Ordered to NOT Stop The School Shooter.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Hostage situations are about making demands. Whether it's money, transportation to another country or release of some prisoners somewhere. School shootings have never been about taking hostages. They are about killing. That has been painfully apparent ever since Columbine. There was absolutely no reason to think he was taking hostages, especially since they could hear gunfire.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Wait so they said don't go in, but rather create a perimeter? But didn't the official story state they found him a few miles down the road a couple hours later at a mcdonalds?

Soooooo they failed to catch him with a perimeter set up around the school? They failed to enter the school while there was an active shooter?

something doesn't add up.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

i agree. And I bet they had hand guns against someone with an semi auto rifle.

Yikes, that's a life decision there, dead is dead.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: intrptr

i agree. And I bet they had hand guns against someone with an semi auto rifle.

Yikes, that's a life decision there, dead is dead.

You do understand that handguns can be semi auto too don't you? Actually a rifle in a building is less maneuverable. Just because it's a rifle does not automatically make it more deadly. Geez, learn about firearms before you make stupid comments.

www.durysguns.com...

A lot of police prefer Glock.

High ammo capacity – The Glock 22, which is carried by 60-70% of American police officers according to some estimates, holds 15 rounds in a standard magazine.

Odds are they were carrying semi auto pistols, not revolvers.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Yes, it seems they were. Changes nothing. Kids were being murdered.

F the order, go in, and do the best you can to stop it.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If cops won't use their guns when kids are getting slaughtered, when will they?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

It's a big list, but for the sake of argument we could start with family pets ...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

when people comply with every word and have a slight itch they attempt to scratch.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Fired brought up on charges of dereliction of duty sent to gen pop as a pon cushion

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Kids were dying inside. Deal with it

Just reading the last sentence of your post combined with your repeating meme.

a reply to: IAMTAT

edit on 3-3-2018 by apydomis because: Wording

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Various students also reported MULTIPLE shooters.

itshappening.pcriot.com... stream-media-outlet-has-picked-it-up/

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Coral Springs are the hero's here regardless if the shooting was over. Kids were dead and dying and they were there to help. Broward County will go down for this.

#FireSheriffIsrael or least put him on paid leave while the 66 investigations move forward.

edit on 3-3-2018 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Several media outlets are now confirming that Broward County Sheriff Officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school (Parkland, FL.) were ordered to NOT engage the shooter. To stay outside the school. While they waited outside, Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 students/faculty, and injured 14 others.

Technically, no... at least not like this would have us believe, because Cruz was already gone:

Coral Springs police officers were the first law enforcement to enter the building, about four minutes after Cruz left the school, Israel said on the cable network.

Time stamps were not visible on the log of calls to BSO dispatch obtained by the Herald. But a fuller version shared earlier with Fox News shows the shooting — which lasted roughly six minutes — would have been over by the time of Jordan’s order.

Unless there were additional shooters -- and I'm not saying there weren't -- there was no one to engage. Cruz was gone.

This doesn't explain why the School Resource Officer didn't go in, of course; but we also know that the School Resource Officer thought there was a shooter outside. And given the various bodies found on and around the campus even before Cruz started shooting inside, there was good reason to believe so... and there may have been more reasons that we don't know, including the gunfire that made at least the SRO think there was a shooter outside as well.

We're being played. We shouldn't have to play these guessing games. Maybe it's just a pathetic effort to cover up gross incompetence. Maybe it's multiple shooters. It's probably a combination of things. But we don't have enough information to honestly judge the situation yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

I've seen/read of five students claiming multiple shooters -- two girls, three guys.

I've been going over witness statements and something interesting I've found is that only two people claim to have seen and recognized Nikolas Cruz; with a possible third, the student who said he saw someone loading a weapon before the shooting, but the student also said he didn't know who he was. The student may recognize him as Cruz now tho -- I haven't seen either way. In all other witness accounts, the shooter is masked. Therefore unrecognizable and unidentifiable.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

There were two different police that showed up. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived after 4 min while the shooter was in the building. So they hid behind trees outside. Coral Springs police officers entered the building first, blowing by the BSO deputies, although by then Cruz had already fled after his AR-15 rifle is believed to have jammed. They didn't hesitate they charged in but by then he had snuck out with students. He then goes to the local wal Mart goes to subway and orders a drink. On his walk home he is spotted and arrested

Now in any school shooter situation you are taught to enter immediately. This lesson was learned several times. Much like if your plane is high jacked you fight back. Do not sit and do nothing.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

There were two different police that showed up. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived after 4 min while the shooter was in the building. So they hid behind trees outside. Coral Springs police officers entered the building first, blowing by the BSO deputies, although by then Cruz had already fled after his AR-15 rifle is believed to have jammed. They didn't hesitate they charged in but by then he had snuck out with students. He then goes to the local wal Mart goes to subway and orders a drink. On his walk home he is spotted and arrested

Now in any school shooter situation you are taught to enter immediately. This lesson was learned several times. Much like if your plane is high jacked you fight back. Do not sit and do nothing.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
March 1, 2018

Several media outlets are now confirming that Broward County Sheriff Officers arriving at Marjory Stoneman Douglas high school (Parkland, FL.) were ordered to NOT engage the shooter. To stay outside the school. While they waited outside, Nikolas Cruz murdered 17 students/faculty, and injured 14 others.

Excerpted from nearby Miami Herald: www.miamiherald.com...

The Broward Sheriff’s Office captain who initially took charge of the chaotic scene at a Parkland high school where 17 people were killed, told deputies to form a perimeter around the deadly scene — which they did, instead of going in to confront the shooter, according to a partial BSO dispatch log obtained by the Miami Herald.

Capt. Jan Jordan, commander of BSO’s Parkland district, gave the order, the log shows, identifying her by her police call sign.

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel has said BSO training and nationwide active-shooter procedure call for armed law enforcement officers to confront shooters immediately rather than secure a scene.

Some people are saying that receiving an order to "stay outside" while the killing is occurring, is not as bad as a "stand down" order. I think that's just parsing words. The hideous outcome is the same either way.

-CareWeMust
And now we hear that when his weapon was located they found it was jammed??? How many would they have let him kill had he been able to fire all of his ammo...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Outlier13

I've seen/read of five students claiming multiple shooters -- two girls, three guys.

I've been going over witness statements and something interesting I've found is that only two people claim to have seen and recognized Nikolas Cruz; with a possible third, the student who said he saw someone loading a weapon before the shooting, but the student also said he didn't know who he was. The student may recognize him as Cruz now tho -- I haven't seen either way. In all other witness accounts, the shooter is masked. Therefore unrecognizable and unidentifiable.
You missed one...The girl who said she was walking beside Cruz and talking to him...

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

There were two different police that showed up. Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived after 4 min while the shooter was in the building. So they hid behind trees outside. Coral Springs police officers entered the building first, blowing by the BSO deputies, although by then Cruz had already fled

I understand that... and stated that... and quoted that.

The School Resource Deputy arrived at the Building 90 seconds after the shooting started. I have no idea when the additional deputies arrived, I just know they were there when the Coral Springs officers arrived. So I'll take your word for it being four minutes after the shooting started, which would be roughly two-and-a-half-minutes after the SRO arrived at the building.

Now in any school shooter situation you are taught to enter immediately.

So people keep saying... and I have yet to see that written in stone anywhere. And, in fact, I would bet that at the very least, an officer/deputy is required to call it in first. And while anyone and everyone else can make such an arbitrary demand of someone in a situation to which they are not privy to the specifics, I will not. Whether an LEO makes an honest mistake, or is a coward, or makes a conscientious judgment that entering is a suicide mission that will serve no good purpose, the LEO has the absolute inalienable right to not suicide himself. Period.

If someone has the right to take another life to save their own, they sure as hell have the right to do nothing to save their life. To say otherwise is to pander to the "Low IQ" recruiting because they "follow orders" better. "Yeah, we want stupid guys that will kill and maim and suicide themselves just because we said so!!!"

The Deputy stated he believed the gunfire was coming from outside the building. The Deputy knew of bodies outside -- in other words, people who were already shot outside the building. At this point, according to the facts we have at hand, we have no idea if the deputy even knew the shooter was in the building -- or any building -- so he would have no reason to go in... or at the very least, it was not the ONLY location the deputy had to worry about.

We also know that the radio equipment for the BCSO was faulty and quite often the transmissions of deputies were not audible -- only the transmissions of the dispatcher. It's quite likely that the Coral Springs Police were working off of more and/or better information... such as the calls from students in that building... that the deputies did not have.

We weren't there... we have no personal information... and we don't have enough information to make any judgment as yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

You missed one...The girl who said she was walking beside Cruz and talking to him...

No, didn't miss her, she was one of the two who actually knew and recognized him. The first was the school employee who recognized him entering the campus and walking "purposefully" towards the building... the second is the girl who walked and talked with him... the third is Chris McKenna, who saw someone loading a weapon, but said he didn't know who he was -- so McKenna didn't recognize Cruz specifically at the time he saw him. Only the first two actually knew Cruz and recognized him.

Who else is there that you thought I was talking about?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join