It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation Doesn't Exist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
When you really study the history of how we came to where we are today - and I mean the WHOLE HISTORY - from the big bang to the formation of our solar system to the emergence and evolution of life up until the present day - you can't help but submit yourself to its powerful authority.

Few people have such encompassing takes, and so I'm sure people like me - with the time, resources, health and curiosity - are rarities.

It could sound arrogant to say that, yet, if you appreciate how molded and transformed we are by our environments, my claim of being a 'rarity' amounts to nothing more than saying my development pathway has been deeply unusual, and deeply lucky.

Life can be cruel. To me, it's been 'somewhat' cruel. Whereas to a vast majority (3rd world) it has been pretty much a loss. A negative.

By this I mean they aren't playing much of a role in progressing evolution. Science in the world world is pretty much nonexistant, and so, progress cannot occur where the logic and philosophy of science isnt known.

China, India, Brazil, Turkey - they are second world countries on the brink of infusing our world with higher orders of scientific understanding. But no doubt about it - if they want to get ahead, they have to look to the west, to North America and Western Europe, to pick up from where Humans have so far gotten.

All the mainstream sciences - physics, geology, chemistry, biology, zoology, psychology, sociology, and their ever increasing sub-divisions, are basic fields which have been greatly developed. Yet, of course, the issue is that they have not been properly unified. It is not yet apparent to most people how remarkably and overwhelmingly structured everything is - how nothing is as separate as it may seem; that the physical world and the objects which populate it are deeply held together by the smallest of energetic shifts.

Take Earth. In my last thread, I went into the basic categories of chemistry which generate cells. Now, with the evolution of life on land, we cann add two commonly ignored background referents which constantly act upon every object, and os, subjects every object to the same common referent. These are sunlight and the electromagnetic field of the Earth.

The former is fairly straight-forward, but it is more the electromagnetic field, because it interfaces with the moon and sun, which deserves attention.

Right now, scientists are noticing that the magnetic north (which is really the south pole) is weakening, and since the early 1900's it has been known that pole shifts intermittantly occur such that the magnetic behavior of the inner core of the Earth changes so that the emergent property of its activity - the electromagnetic field which is emited from the south pole, and is reabsorbed at the North pole - finally 'flips' - with the north emitting and the south receiving.

This is what a pole shift is, and whenever it has occurred, the electromagnetc field of the planet weakens to around 10% of its normal value - which must have very serious effects for the organisms on the planet.

It is probably no coincidence that around 780,000 years ago Homo Sapiens emerged - a function, no doubt, of the probably trauamtic effects of a pole shift on the biodynamical functioning of organisms, causing large extinctions and evolution by 'selecting' those variants which land upon the right trait, the right value, that meets the conditions imposed by the environment.

In East Africa, Homo Heidelbergensis was evolving in a region that underwent continuous transformation of its environment - hence forcing evolution. The anthropologist Mark Maslin believes that the changing landscape and climate of east Africa drove the regions apes to evolve one of two strategies: to better make use of forest resources, chimpanzees and gorillas evolved to become better at climbing trees to get canopy fruits, and also to scavenge whatever fruits fell to the ground; this strategy would have favored knuckle-walking. This is what Chimps, Gorillas and Orangutans evidently did.

The other strategy was to develop terrestrial bipedalism to more efficiently travel long-distances for resources. Maslin also shows that many of East Africas deep lakes were formed in conjunction with the 400,000 year component of the eccentricity cycle, where precession coincides with Earths orbit being closest to the sun i.e. at periods of high insolation (or solar radiation). These lake formation events, which emerge as a function of the suns effect on the Earths hydrological cycles, have been shown to correspond to hominin evolutionary dispersal events.

Cool, eh? What this also seems to imply is that humans must have also evolved with reference to the presence of lakes, and so, evolved features only found in walruses and whales (a descended larynx).

We would move in this direction, and then, again, the lakes would dry up, and the human would be forced once again into a state of privation.

So as to the threads title: revelation doesn't exist. All of the above was written to impress upon you how the complex of background laws - orbital forcing from precession, the electromagnetic field and its aperiodic flipping - that everything which happens has its basis in contingencies - in laws of relation between big and small objects - laws which, when we don't pay attention to them, or make an effort to know them, results in us living a fantasy that, from a higher level perspective, can't help but be appear sad and pathetic.

The belief in "the will to power", and the belief in 'technology', such as the wish to transfer your mind to computers, is an example of a deeply wishful and idealistic belief that has its source in trauma and a lifetime of psychopathological constructions of omnipotence to make the self 'feel better' about its situation.

This is an inevitability. I believe the protestant religion, and the philosophy it has created in our world, was an act of nature, albeit, acting through crazy human beings. But to think this fantasy is anything more than a fantasy - to think we can willy nilly change genes and interfere with biological processes (cyborgism) or put a big reflective shield into space - this will do nothing but add to the trauma and suffering and self-alienation - the self hatred, sadomasochistic need to punish the self and humanity - and this too has its logical basis in the fact that the mind is an internalization of the interactive process between self and other. To "seek death" is an oblique admission that the self deserves it; its the work of the dissociated other punishing the self - even though the self fantasizes that "it" is the one "choosing" this feeling.

edit on 1-3-2018 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Science doesn't provide answers, it only indicates where there may be relationships between two or more previously (and sometimes arbitrarily) defined things, and then it defines that relationship and then looks for more. Everything is provisional, and there is no moral imperative attached.

However, engineering, science's more practical cousin, is of great interest to first, second and third world countries because it can make weapons (or farm machinery) to increase their power. Science does very little to dissuade these people from believing in their crazy deities or listening to them to determine which batch of infidels needs to be taught a lesson with a nuclear missile. That's Carl Sagan's "Demon Haunted World."

We in the West like to think that we have it all figured out.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So many questions, some personal.

Before the 2nd edit, what path were you set on that makes your situation unique? Non confrontational question, just being really nosy and probably impolite. How do you make these threads? Do you compose them in their entirety before posting or is it more inspirational and the words just kind of flow through the keyboard?

Do you think our mainstream science is on the correct path in concerns to our solar system. Is everything just a standalone island like they describe or is everything connected. It almost sounds like you are leaning towards the connected theory. Maybe even that there is a huge stream of energy and the planets/stars are simply anodes that connect on a vast scale?

Do you think that our sub-specification breakup of the sciences is going in the correct direction? Would you prefer to bring back the philosopher scientists that was broken up by the royal society and replaced with what we have today?

Do you have any suspicion that science has not made us a better species? Maybe we need to get the framework better before science is able to move us forward. Look at the disconnect of social circles that technology has wrought. I don't think we were far enough along the maturity path to have technology bring improvements (measured through happiness & contentment).

I would love to hear your story in all of its glory.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
just lovethat subject

I'm suspicious of the big bang......only a little suspicious he he

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

I offer this answer and it might explain why things are a bit better than what I think i am reading in your post. It might not.

But Quantum Entanglement means we can imagine something and, 'poof' it happens.
Example:
Imagine the cat dead in Schrodinger's box, (poof) you observe the cat WAS dead and not both dead and alive. Imagine the atom is three feet from where it should have landed (poof) it is where it should be AND where the observer looked.

edit on 1-3-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

That is not at all what quantum entanglement implies. Unless you’re being sarcastic, in which case, you are correct.
edit on 1-3-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Africa eh? I am more of the Siberian type..

But if humans have a chance of transmitting the self to a machine, it will do so..

Or make true hybrids, through coitus, haha i said coitus.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I offer this answer and it might explain why things are a bit better than what I think i am reading in your post. It might not.

But Quantum Entanglement means we can imagine something and, 'poof' it happens.
Example:
Imagine the cat dead in Schrodinger's box, (poof) you observe the cat WAS dead and not both dead and alive. Imagine the atom is three feet from where it should have landed (poof) it is where it should be AND where the observer looked.

Eeeh boy.

Mate... That is not how quantum entanglement works.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
That is not at all what quantum entanglement implies.

I like the explanation that says if you take two boxes and a pair of gloves, and put one of the gloves in one box without knowing if it's a right or left, then you fly the other box to Alpha Centauri, when you open the box on Earth you'll either "create" by observation a left one or a right one by observing it. Let's say it's a left. Then instantaneously on Alpha Centauri another person opens that box, and surprise ! the glove is a right! And if you discovered a right one in the Earth box, the distant box would magically have a left one. Quantum magic!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

That is not at all what quantum entanglement implies. Unless you’re being sarcastic, in which case, you are correct.

Admittedly, it was tongue in cheek but it is a bit true. I have seen it to be summarize for the lay person as, if you concentrate on the beam of atoms they will both be where you think they are and somewhere you didn't.

this question and possible answer is exactly what i think is happening:
physicsworld.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Admittedly, it was tongue in cheek but it is a bit true. I have seen it to be summarize for the lay person as, if you concentrate on the beam of atoms they will both be where you think they are and somewhere you didn't.

this question and possible answer is exactly what i think is happening:
physicsworld.com...

Oh, Like Cohen in Hungary!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

But, "God did it" and science is trying to figure out how.

What have they done that God didn't do already?

School shootings? Meh, read the OT.

Create a single star?

We don't know ourselves yet.

How can we understand anything He created?

Every day is a revelation for some of us. lol.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Based on quantum theory in diameter your assessment would seem to be the correct one.
edit on 3-3-2018 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

That is not at all what quantum entanglement implies.

I like the explanation that says if you take two boxes and a pair of gloves, and put one of the gloves in one box without knowing if it's a right or left, then you fly the other box to Alpha Centauri, when you open the box on Earth you'll either "create" by observation a left one or a right one by observing it. Let's say it's a left. Then instantaneously on Alpha Centauri another person opens that box, and surprise ! the glove is a right! And if you discovered a right one in the Earth box, the distant box would magically have a left one. Quantum magic!
Science should never be described with metaphors.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I often wonder who bacteria worship. What does space look like to them? And are they stupid enough to assume all alien life forms would be the same relative size?

We are very small, high frequency beings. From dog years to God years, everything keeps getting bigger and bigger, lower frequency and higher amplitude. We are nothing, relatively.

But still very special. Tell me, how does a butterfly evolve a preparatory countenance on its wings? As small and insignificant as we are, theirs an intention to our existence. Any botanist, biologist can tell you were are no accident.

top topics

join