It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions linger about how Melania Trump, a Slovenian model, scored 'the Einstein visa'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well she's fluent in 5 languages so that outta put it to rest?

In 2000, Melania Knauss, a Slovenian model dating Donald Trump, began petitioning the government for the right to permanently reside in the United States under a program reserved for people with "extraordinary ability."

Knauss' credentials included runway shows in Europe, a Camel cigarette billboard ad in Times Square and - in her biggest job at the time - a spot in the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated, which featured her on the beach in a string bikini, hugging a six-foot inflatable whale.

In March 2001, she was granted a green card in the elite EB-1 program, which was designed for renowned academic researchers, multinational business executives or those in other fields, such as Olympic athletes and Oscar-winning actors, who demonstrated "sustained national and international acclaim."

www.sfgate.com...

It's call 'the Einstein Visa' or EB-1 and applies to applicants who can demonstrate their extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. One may argue modelling would be under Arts? or Business? It would be a stretch and even once we get to this point one would have to argue whether Melania was extraordinary in the modelling industry.

Further down:

Morrison, the former congressman and immigration expert, said that Melania Trump's resume in 2001 seems "inconsistent" with the requirements of the visa.

To obtain an EB-1 under the extraordinary ability category, an immigrant has to provide evidence of a major award or meet at least three out of 10 criteria. Among them: evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts, evidence of work displayed at artistic exhibitions and evidence of original contributions to a field.

"What did she submit?" asked David Leopold, an immigration lawyer and a past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. "There are a lot of questions about how she procured entry into the United States."

www.sfgate.com...

This is a matter the Whitehouse and supporters have tried to shoot down on a number of occasions, but it continues to linger. This along with M elania's parents and their status. Of course I wouldn't care much if this administration and their supporters weren't so bent on demonizing and restricting immigrants (and pointing to others) so here we are.

Trump was involved in politics at the time. He ran for president in 2000 under the Reform Party but withdrew after. No doubt he had deep connections to DC at the time - this was around the time he was dating Melania. I smell manure.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Well she's fluent in 5 languages so that outta put it to rest?

In 2000, Melania Knauss, a Slovenian model dating Donald Trump, began petitioning the government for the right to permanently reside in the United States under a program reserved for people with "extraordinary ability."

Knauss' credentials included runway shows in Europe, a Camel cigarette billboard ad in Times Square and - in her biggest job at the time - a spot in the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated, which featured her on the beach in a string bikini, hugging a six-foot inflatable whale.

In March 2001, she was granted a green card in the elite EB-1 program, which was designed for renowned academic researchers, multinational business executives or those in other fields, such as Olympic athletes and Oscar-winning actors, who demonstrated "sustained national and international acclaim."

www.sfgate.com...

It's call 'the Einstein Visa' or EB-1 and applies to applicants who can demonstrate their extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. One may argue modelling would be under Arts? or Business? It would be a stretch and even once we get to this point one would have to argue whether Melania was extraordinary in the modelling industry.

Further down:

Morrison, the former congressman and immigration expert, said that Melania Trump's resume in 2001 seems "inconsistent" with the requirements of the visa.

To obtain an EB-1 under the extraordinary ability category, an immigrant has to provide evidence of a major award or meet at least three out of 10 criteria. Among them: evidence of commercial successes in the performing arts, evidence of work displayed at artistic exhibitions and evidence of original contributions to a field.

"What did she submit?" asked David Leopold, an immigration lawyer and a past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. "There are a lot of questions about how she procured entry into the United States."

www.sfgate.com...

This is a matter the Whitehouse and supporters have tried to shoot down on a number of occasions, but it continues to linger. This along with M elania's parents and their status. Of course I wouldn't care much if this administration and their supporters weren't so bent on demonizing and restricting immigrants (and pointing to others) so here we are.

Trump was involved in politics at the time. He ran for president in 2000 under the Reform Party but withdrew after. No doubt he had deep connections to DC at the time - this was around the time he was dating Melania. I smell manure.

She did not meet 3 of the requirements...so...it does stink.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
In order to gain EB-1 an immigrant has to provide evidence of a major award or major commercial success. Between her arrive to the US and 2000 when she started dating Donald Trump, she's done nothing notable in her modelling career. Her biography only notes doing shoots for a number of notable magazines?

+49 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Imagine if you libs investigated all the immigrants this closely. The USA would be a much better place.

+38 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I thought the left didn't care about illegal immigration.

+35 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Imagine if you libs investigated all the immigrants this closely. The USA would be a much better place.

Amazing isn't it. If she was an illegal Mexican immigrant working in California, they'd be A-OK.
But a white European connected to Trump - hell no! Throw her out!!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well speaking as a member of the Left I have no problem with her being there at all. What I do have a problem about is the hypocrisy of Trump and his supporters who don't want immigrants, but give Trump a free pass for his own immigrant wife and parents in law.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The leftists have no shame only obsession.

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I have a problem with illegals that are nothing more than a burden on American society.
When she skips out on hospital bills let me know.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

in all fairness, shes now the FLOTUS. ill say the green card transaction was apt.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I do to, and it's this thread.

Trump did not have that kind of pull.

Good hell.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Leftists always like to attempt to control the narrative. We have no problem with legal immigration that come through the system what we have a problem with is illegal immigration, swimming rivers, jumping border fences, etc.
edit on 1-3-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
On second thought.

Maybe he did.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Of coarse it stinks. What people don't think that the FLOTUS Would be looked into? I am quite sure Michelle Obama has been looked into.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

After Bill stood that close to her I’m surprised that Hillary didn’t have her rubbed out.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm going to hazard a guess and say money was involved.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thanks for showing your true colors again. Wow you people are getting really desperate and pathetic in your attempts to smear Trump and his family. First it was Sarah Huckabee Sanders just yesterday Hope Hicks and now you moved on to Melania Trump. Is it just jealousy for successful women that drives you mad? Btw you hypocrites lamented about Melania not doing enough against cyberbullying and here you're bullying her because she was just a model? This is getting out of hand. Shame on you.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This obsession over Melania is a little disturbing to see, not the OP specifically but in general.

She tries to do something her every word is picked over till the left finds something to freak out over, she goes to show up at a disaster and offer her support her clothes are nitpicked. She tries to back off out of the public eye she is attacked for being a do nothing.

Its unreal, and quite honestly I fear for her well being at times when the wackadoo left begins to froth over anything and everything she does.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
A thread on ATS devolving into Leftist bashing??

Whaaaaaaaaaa??

/sarcasm

Teehee

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
She was obviously intelligent enough to come to America and flaunt her wares off to the right people, in order to obtain her current exceptional status... Good for her, as far as I'm concerned.

But now she's just got to be intelligent enough to just smile & look pretty and try not to talk to much... so that the American people don't come to the realization that the first lady can barely speak fluent English.... How Ironic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join