It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Queen Survived Assassination Attempt in 1981.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Whilst The Queen was on a tour of New Zealand in 1981, she was the target of an assassination attempt by Christopher Lewis, age 17. He fired a shot at her, but the rifle wasn't a high enough power and his vantage point wasn't suitable.

This has been revealed after declassified documents being released. The whole story was covered up at the time.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 1-3-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2018 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wow.

That's the official story, of course.

I prefer to think Alucard intervened...

Seriously though, it was a pretty close call. Thanks for sharing!

S+F

edit on 1-3-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I heard she shape-shifted at the moment of the attack to a potato, that's how she survived.

True story

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
I heard she shape-shifted at the moment of the attack to a potato, that's how she survived.

True story

If someone makes an attempt on your life, then maybe we can come back and have a laugh.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Given the pope and a good few US presidents have had attempts it's not that surprising, probably was made quiet to not cause problems at the time as it would of required more security people and that looks obvious.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Didn't another boy in London try something with a pistol? I think it must have been during a parade, because she was riding a horse at the time, and a news reporter commented on her skill in controlling the horse's reaction.
His motive was reported as wanting to become "the most famous teenager in the world."

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: vinifalou

True story

If someone makes an attempt on your life, then maybe we can come back and have a laugh.

LOL!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
poor sod probably didn't buy American. He was probably using an Enfield

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Wrong side of the bed this morning?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Didn't someone climb into the Queen's bedroom, also, some time back, and had an unannounced chat with the Queen.

I don't think the Queen has all that secure human protection around her. She's protected by God, not men. Otherwise, she'd be a gonner long ago.

new topics

top topics

join