It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Russia Actually Build Project Pluto?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yup yup, I could see that with DC, but I feel he would want the personal touch with the pentagon considering how often he butted heads with the puzzle palace.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight
It has always been a dance between Russia and the United States. It has been since the start of the Soviet Union and continues on up to today. The US develops a weapon that gives it the advantage and then Russia develops something similar or stronger. This was seen during the nuclear race, during the cold war. In the end Russia developed the strongest nuclear weapon to date, no other country had done such. Even getting into space and the exploration, has been a race, who can get there first, who can get the farthest, even who can get to what celestial body first.

Having lived during the cold war and served in the military, one tends to pick up on things. Each time a weapon’s system is developed, if the other side does not have a counter, then the talking begins to try to tone and calm things down.

Some of the new weapons that are being shown, chances are that they have been in development for a while, the bugs are either worked out or in the process. One does not simply just reveal a weapon of any kind, usually to do such is sending a message. And in this case, this is showing that Russia, is starting a new direction in arms, and some that are designed to counter what the USA has or that they believe that the USA could be capable of doing.

Some may have already been tested, but then again, how can we tell what the capacity is, or could be, as Russia is a large country and spying on the inside may not always be possible in some of the more remote areas. Even the USA has that as well, some of its R&D areas, where they test new military hardware, is usually kept secret and the public can only guess what it is.

And we do not know what kind of budget that it has to operate on. Looks like they are in the process of modernizing its military and arms.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Irishhaf

If he didn't just say screw it and nuke Washington.

I"m afraid he will start talking about relaunching the Warsaw Pact by force

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The other point is that Russia says that this is in response to US defensive missiles, meant to take out 1 to 5 from North Korea and Iran.

It does say something that Russia is developing major new strategic weapons of genocide and West isn't and yet they feel like they are the aggrieved party. B.S.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The other point is that Russia says that this is in response to US defensive missiles, meant to take out 1 to 5 from North Korea and Iran.

It does say something that Russia is developing major new strategic weapons of genocide and West isn't and yet they feel like they are the aggrieved party. B.S.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Not to mention, we didn't deploy enough to stop the Russia arsenal after the withdrawal from the ABM treaty.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

North Korea and Iran both have nuclear programs.
It was emphasized in the Russian PR video that they had new nuclear propelled space vehicles.
There were similar secret programs in the US that were suspected of developing WMD.
Public disclosure 50 years later suggested they were just growing popcorn for Sav a lot.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Reports are these aircraft have been supporting the Russian Project Pluto.

alert5.com...

alert5.com...

I wish there was more info in support, but...

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: TheStalkingHorse
a reply to: FredT

You do understand that the Soviet (Union) Union ceased to exist like three decades ago, right? It’s been known as the Russian Federation ever since, with the adjective “Russian”.

Do you really feel that Putins "Russia" is any different that the Soviets? Its the same crap in a new label.

It is significantly different economically, socially, culturally, politically... almost as if it were a separate entity all together. But I guess such details mean nothing to the jingoist, who only views them as the ‘other’.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheStalkingHorse

It is significantly different economically, socially, culturally, politically... almost as if it were a separate entity all together.

Whilst what you mentioned is true, the relationship between the United States and Russia has many similarities to that of during the Cold War, and with this announcement, this has become even more so. Comparing Russia to the Soviet Union is therefore not suitable under all circumstances, but in this situation it is an apt comparison.

But I guess such details mean nothing to the jingoist, who only views them as the ‘other’.

Russia is a country which:

i. Has interfered with the elections in the United States and other nations.
ii. deliberately creates widespread political division within western countries. It's already proven that T_D was influenced by Russian trolls, it's not a leap to expect they are still influencing elsewhere.
iii. undertakes constant cyber-attacks of western governments, political parties, and technology companies.
iv. Invaded both Ukraine and Georgia, both sovereign nations. This was done largely using mercenaries who shot down a civilian airliner. The population of Russia now has been deluded into actually blaming Ukraine and the west for this.
v. Kills political dissidents in foreign countries, causing radioactive contamination putting civilians at risk.
vi. Kills spies in their home country, by for example, locking them inside duffel bags.
vii. Creates new weapons of mass destruction, often to get past existing arms treaties. Examples include: nuclear powered cruise missiles, air launched ballistic missiles, and short range cruise missiles armed with nuclear weapons.
viii. Shows videos of these new weapons, being used against for example, Hawaii and Florida.
ix. Refuses to tank responsibility for its actions and instead blames the west has somehow goaded them into these actions because they are "cornered".
x. Has an extreme level of political corruptness, for example the president swapping to the prime minister position in order to escape term limits. In engineering, when you escape the intent of rules then you get people killed.

Yet here you are claiming that someone comparing them with the Soviet Union is a "jingoist" and that because someone criticizes them, it must be because they are "other". I suppose anyone who criticizes Russia is a "Russophobe" as well too?

Thank you for providing me this opportunity to prove what a massive threat Russia is. I have already pointed out in this thread how the way Russian think-tanks view the threats is delusional - they actually believe their own propaganda. Perhaps you can be an example of that, which merely furthers this narrative. I understand this is McCarthyism, but perhaps Russia shouldn't engage in such tactics otherwise they are merely forcing their adversaries to resort to it, which merely strengthens their narrative.

When you look up the word "jingoist" in the dictionary, the Russian flag should emerge. And this is coming from someone who has criticized US foreign policy in the past.

Whilst I've got your attention, can you please respond to my last criticisms of your incorrect postings, or are you going to simply ignore this and keep posting, hoping to goad more people into believing you?
edit on 4/3/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Many countries have done this in the past, even the USA. It is simply a means of communication, rhetoric, and saberrattling, all rolled up into one nice and tidy package.

Take the Star Wars defense system. It did not work, but it was enough of a bluff to bring the then Soviet Union to the table to talk. That is what this going to do, is open up signs that they are wanting to negotiate and talk about a few issues.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com...

Seems others agree. Or he's watching the forum.

posted on Mar, 7 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

There is one thing to consider when it comes to Russia. When it came to nuclear weapons, Russia, back then the Soviet Union, did build the biggest viable nuclear weapon, out pacing all others in the sheer destructive power.

From what I have seen, when it comes to this dangerous game of poker and rhetoric, is that often countries work off of what is possible. Back when the concept of a nuclear powered ram jet was first developed, yes, it was not feasible, but technology has gone past that time frame, materials that are now different and progress has continued on.

And when it comes to strategies, most would work off of what is known and what is possible, or has been demonstrated. The worse case would be to under estimate the capacity of the other country, and be caught off guard.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The Russian Project Pluto Cruise Missile is now known as the Burevestnik, or storm petrel. The Russians had a vote on the names for their new weapons and some of them picked were not Russian enough, so Putin chose other ones. The storm petrel has a couple symbolic meanings from what I can gather.

1. it's a harbinger, often of terrible events.

2. it's also a literary tie for a poem (Song of the Stormy Petrel, see below) in Russia and a symbol of revolution.

Given the Russian propensity for multilayered meanings in literature, yeah, makes sense.

Poem info: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Project Pluto or McDuck that might be ... What Putin means by "Now they will listen", is that, if smart asses don't listen, they'll burn. Just like in the summer of 2013. And the question now is .. how many smart asses are there in the EU.

posted on Oct, 22 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join