It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DCCC Advised Candidates Not To Discuss Gun Control Policy Right After Vegas Shooting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
While this article is belated its still relevant to the on going discussion about boom sticks. There are people that think you do not have a right to them. So of course they are going to email each other to get all their ducks in a row.

The morning after the Oct. 1 mass shooting in Las Vegas, a member of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s press staff warned House candidates and their staffs not to “politicize” the shooting that day. Politicization, according to the DCCC official, included talking about gun violence prevention policy.

“You and your candidate will be understandably outraged and upset, as will your community. However, DO NOT POLITICIZE IT TODAY,” DCCC regional press secretary Evan Lukaske wrote to candidates in the Northeast. “There will be time for politics and policy discussion, but any message today should be on offering thoughts/prayers for victims and their families, and thanking 1st responders who saved lives.”

If you have to be warned to put your political bullsnip aside, and show some respect for the dead? That's pretty effing sad.

The take away from this is going forward. What has been done, What they claim they are trying to prevent being done?

Is nothing but absolute bull snip.

You,Your rights, Your children, Your neighbors children, doing the RIGHT thing?

Does NOT even enter in to their Rube Goldberg equation. It's all about THEIR power. Their influence. Their control.

But that's just my opinion.

What the hell do I know.

I retort.

Enter the cries.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Nobody who doesn’t agree with me can do anything right, ever.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Nobody who doesn’t agree with me can do anything right, ever.

At least we don't need someone to email us to agree.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

While this article is belated its still relevant to the on going discussion about boom sticks. There are people that think you do not have a right to them.

Most of the discussion I've seen isn't people trying to take all guns, but rather make sure that people who shouldn't have them don't get them.

Vehicles are under more stringent guidelines in some respects. Requiring people to transfer registration immediately.

There's no doubt there were way to many instances looked over with Nikolas Cruz. But many are saying the whole background check might need to be revisited. I wouldn't disagree.

And I'm pro gun

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Most of the discussion I've seen isn't people trying to take all guns, but rather make sure that people who shouldn't have them don't get them.

Who died and made the D's God?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

DJT had to make notes to be nice and empathetic to the kids from Parkland. Folks see it and everyone goes nuts.

DCCC has to remind people to be nice and empathetic. Folks see it and roll their eyes.

LOL

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Who died and made the D's God?

Since when can't we have discussions in the United States? I'm not a Democrat, far from actually. And many independents feel there may need to be some things addressed.

Just because you don't like a topic or viewpoint doesn't make it liberal.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's not that.

It electioneering using tragedy to take power.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Since when can't we have discussions in the United States?

Since that piece of paper written a couple of centuries ago said there was no discussion to be had regarding inalienable RIGHTS.
edit on 1-3-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The email, seen in its entirety below, reflects the careful balance that Democrats have tried to strike as they strive to advance modest gun safety regulations and shield candidates in swing districts from the political price that could accompany comments about guns.

Yep!

It's for the children!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

“If the DCCC is willing to give up a key issue and offend virtually every Democrat so as not to bother eight Independents in rural Missouri, they’re even more incompetent than we thought, and Democrats should be very worried about the midterms,” Glaze said.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Since when can't we have discussions in the United States?

Since that piece of paper written a couple of centuries ago said there was no discussion to be had regarding inalienable RIGHTS.

No one is saying take them all away, but in some way those rights are privileges, just as freedom is.

If you commit a felony, say goodbye to your rights. If someone is insane, no gun, sorry about it.

The same document you speak of established a democracy where everyone's voice and input is part of the conversation... Not just yours.

I see you find some points of view as toxic or obnoxious. Similarly your extreme views on things can be perceived as such. Beauty is we all get to express them.

If this country isn't far right enough for you, you could always look into Saudi Arabia's immigration policy. We're allies so you may be able to get in.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's not that.

It electioneering using tragedy to take power.

Welcome to American politics? This wouldn’t be new to either party.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No one is saying take them all away, but in some way those rights are privileges, just as freedom is

Nope.

They are RIGHTS.

Not privileges.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

No one is saying take them all away, but in some way those rights are privileges, just as freedom is

Nope.

They are RIGHTS.

Not privileges.

Tell that to felons, see how far that gets you and them.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Them felons should challenge since their 8th amendment RIGHT is being violated.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Them felons should challenge since their 8th amendment RIGHT is being violated.

They're more than welcome to
, they still can voice their opinion.

And the sane portion of America will politely tell them they can keep dreaming.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oh?

Funny how they have a first amendment right after committing a crime where they took away their second.

Of course both the 8th and 14th says Hell no on that.

But who cares, it's just a piece of paper people whipe their rears with.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If they don't like it they can leave. Good riddance.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yep stupid games.

IT sure is.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

www.law.cornell.edu...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join