It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pen and Teller explain the Second Amendment...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ok. I already told you you re right.

I know I'm right.

Amendment VIII Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively,or to the people.

Amendment XIV Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

www.law.cornell.edu...

Every single person in this country has those rights.

They also have this right.

Amendment II A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The States have the right to have militia's.

The People have the right to keep and bear arms.

It's not an exclusionary law, but a limit placed on the state the proxy of the people.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ok Charleston Heston

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: neo96

Ok Charleston Heston

From my hot sweaty fingers.

Them damn dirty gun phobes.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Yes. I never did understand why something so easily explained like the Second Amendment has so much confusion.

This Amendment has extreme importance, there is a reason why it is #2!

The Second Amendment has been infringed upon for many decades.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

If it was so easily explained then how come judges and constitutional lawyers can't agree on how it's interpreted

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Political bias.

Really disconcerting the Scotus doesn't even want to touch given their lifetime appointments that no one can change.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: kyleplatinum

If it was so easily explained then how come judges and constitutional lawyers can't agree on how it's interpreted

They get rich from being ignorant
and often them feelings get in the way

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

And if you are going to mention how well gun laws and confiscation worked in England and Australia then let me be the first to tell you, screw England and Australia, I will help you pack and go there right away.

Don't worry, we will just wait till all you Americans have shot each other over something Trump has said and we'll have a big empty country to fill again!!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

your trigger fingers are too rusty for any kinda takeover

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Don't worry the half with the guns probably won't have much trouble with the half without the guns. Which is kind of what the Second Amendment is all about if you think about it. But thinking is not your guy's strong point is it?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The Judge makes a solid case.

Thomas Jefferson, who claimed to be neither theist nor atheist, wrote in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal and are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights." Such rights cannot be separated from us, as they are integral to our humanity. Foremost among our unalienable rights is the right to life -- the right to be and to remain alive.

And that right implies the right to defend life -- the right to self-defense. If I am about to assault you in the nose, you can duck, run away or punch me first. If I am about to strike your children, you can strike me first. If I am about to do either of those things with a gun, you can shoot me first, and no reasonable jury will convict you. In fact, no reasonable prosecutor will charge you.

Read the rest

Or you could make schools more of a safe space for mass shooters to do their snip.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'd just like to point out that the founding fathers believed that Unalienable Rights are bestowed by the creator. If you don't believe in a creator then I guess you could say that one is simply born with them. Any argument that the 2nd wasn't written so that the people could protect themselves from enemies foreign or domestic is not supported by what was written over 200 year ago. There is nothing to interpret, it is written in plain English here in the Declaration of Independence as well as the Constitution.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.....That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government

www.ushistory.org...

/OveR
edit on 3/1/2018 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: clarity

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

Don't worry the half with the guns probably won't have much trouble with the half without the guns. Which is kind of what the Second Amendment is all about if you think about it. But thinking is not your guy's strong point is it?

Thats so funny. The 2nd amendment was based of a British law, you guys couldn't even think for yourselves back then!!

justice Antonin Scalia, wrote that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" was a just a controlling one and referred to it as a pre-existing right of individuals to possess and carry personal weapons for self-defense and intrinsically for defense against tyranny. As with the English law "like most rights, the Second Amendment is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

your trigger fingers are too rusty for any kinda takeover

You've got us there, we've only got sharp sticks!!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Except he chooses to ignore the parts of early American history where people owned barrages of cannons and frigates fully laden with cannons and what not.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeah, cuz those pesky slaves were getting out of hand, what with there pesky attempts at freedom!!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm fairly confident that when the 2nd was conceived and written into our constitution that at that point the country wasn't completely destroyed by antidepressants and a hate-filled, internet-addicted, spiritually oppressed culture of ignorant assholes.

I'm sure if they could time travel to today's america they would not only amend the hell out of some of these outdated (designed for a more moral time period) ideas - they would also promptly kill themselves by jumping off a Samuel Adams billboard into 8 lanes of interstate traffic.

edit on 1-3-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Sorry mate those English slaves first . We just freed them. Plus that has nothing to do with my comment.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

We thought enough of ourselves to get the hell away from tyrannical rule of the British....now we have the 2nd Amendment and you all have those really sharp sticks. If it wasn't for those American guns, I do believe you all would be driving Volkswagens & eating Bratwurst .I've ate you guys food before....Germans should have bombed you all with cookbooks.
edit on 1-3-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I think you'll find that the British ended slavery long before you Americans even thought about it!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join