It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube claims shutting down conservative channels was an accident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Though there is higher risks for channels that put out topics that some viewers deem to be "controversial" as tends to happen with channels like Alex Jones, because they will simply get reported, flagged, etc by many users of the site.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The whole Alex Jones thing was insane.

I know Jones uses sensationalism to drive his channel and bring in profits, but I went back and watched the vids that were censored and looked for the claims made against him. All of it was bogus. Jones is a blowhard loudmouth, but there was nothing in there that deserved such censorship. I've seen some truly nasty videos out there from the feminists and SJW's that make Jones' videos look like Sesame Street material and those never get taken down no matter how many threats and other garbage is in them.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
George Soros vs Youtube in the ultimate cagefight death match!
You may begin killing each other now.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm not sure I'd entirely place the blame on Google. There are a lot of forces at work on a company the size and scope of Google. While I certainly don't trust them, sometimes things are more complicated.

I've been a few rounds with some of the commenters on Youtube videos and some of them are just the scum of the earth. Wouldn't put anything past them. Including complaining and making things up and refusing to stop until they get their way. I'm sure the people who enforce the rules on a platform like Youtube have to deal with a crapload of BS from people like that. Sometimes it might just be easier to let them have their way just to shut them up for a few minutes.

Google is a business. As such, they have to think about money first. It's just that simple. No company wants bad publicity.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
YouTube/google/alphabet is a private company. They can do whatever they want. Just like how stores can refuse service to anyone for any reason. So if they deem content to be inappropriate for their platform then they can remove it. The only reason why they are "apologizing" is just for show.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Wow you totally misunderstood my post.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
a reply to: SaturnFX

Wow you totally misunderstood my post.

Nonsense. nothing is ever misunderstood on the internet.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Damn. Glad my channel ended up being Fallout let's plays instead of homemade conspiracy documentaries like I'd planned.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I'm not sure I'd entirely place the blame on Google. There are a lot of forces at work on a company the size and scope of Google. While I certainly don't trust them, sometimes things are more complicated.

I've been a few rounds with some of the commenters on Youtube videos and some of them are just the scum of the earth. Wouldn't put anything past them. Including complaining and making things up and refusing to stop until they get their way. I'm sure the people who enforce the rules on a platform like Youtube have to deal with a crapload of BS from people like that. Sometimes it might just be easier to let them have their way just to shut them up for a few minutes.

Google is a business. As such, they have to think about money first. It's just that simple. No company wants bad publicity.

Just google image search "white man, white woman" and tell me again how google isn't a piece of #e

top topics

<< 1   >>

join