It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know.....Catholic was not allowed in the States till 1900.....the reason is....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I had to google it, but I came up with this from wiki

In 1634, Maryland recorded a little less than 3,000 Catholics out of a population of 34,000 (around 9% of the population). In 1757, Pennsylvania recorded fewer than 1,400 Catholics out of a population of about 200,000. In 1785, when the newly founded United States (formerly the Thirteen Colonies) contained nearly four million people, there were fewer than 25,000 Catholics (about 0.6% of the population).

And

Catholicism first came to the territories now forming the United States before the Protestant Reformation with the Spanish explorers and settlers in present-day Florida (1513), South Carolina (1566), Georgia (1568–1684), and the southwest. The first Catholic Mass held in the current United States was in 1526 by Dominican friars Fr. Antonio de Montesinos and Fr. Anthony de Cervantes, who ministered to the San Miguel de Gualdape colonists for the 3 months the colony existed.

So the earliest date is 1513, almost 400 years before the OP said they were allowed in.
edit on 132018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I descend from a Scottish Catholic family that infiltrated in the mid-1800s. We cursed the land with Bingo, raffles and "fish fry Fridays."

We "may" have also had a hand in illegal alcohol production for awhile. "Sacramental wine" during prohibition kinda thing...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So that explains Episcopalians.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Aall you posters on this page are outstanding.....excellent detective work and Simpson approved

that read in wiki says in the 1960's many Priests, brothers and nuns left and few replaced them......just looked it says " dropped sharply "

the building I referred to is the shape of a serpent head....a pit viper actually.......do not try to search it for a pic.....it's too....too....something not good

it has the eyes fangs in the interior....a throne.....and they call it the belly of the beast......built in 1970 about right for the Priests that left saying evil had taken over....it took just a few years to get the new pit viper sanctuary opened....with it's super evil back drop behind and over the throne....for the pope......just like in Scripture....this sculptured artwork behind the throne is not to be viewed I swear....not by the normals

edit on 2-3-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I have to ask you a question. Did you have another account here years ago? Your style is reminiscent of another poster we had here years ago, but they just disappeared. Can't really remember the poster's moniker, but I remember their style. It was very similar to your's.
edit on 2-3-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I thought the pilgrims were actually trying to escape the Church of England. Not the RCC. Maybe a little of both?

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I sentence you to 20,000k hail mary's.

Unless you're right....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join