It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacks Were Enslaved Well into the 1960s

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

You are all over the map on your posting opinions of ethics.

edit on 312018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

And whites are still enslaved to this day. Go figure! Slavery is an indiscriminate trade. The sooner people grow up and realise this, the sooner we can eliminate it.

Eta; what you posted is obviously disgusting but the slavery still exists to this day. Many Africans are still enslaved in the middle east. Where is the outrage?
edit on 1-3-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There are people of all races living in generational poverty.

If they all try hard enough, I'm sure they can find someone person, group of people, entity, etc., to blame for their generational misfortunes.

Where does it stop, and does simply paying them a bunch of money magically erase any problem? If it doesn't, then it's not a solution at all, but simply a means of allowing some assuage any guilt they may feel while others can then be told they've been compensated and you know the problem itself won't actually be fixed if it is as you say.

Why does blame need to be included in this conversation? Can we not acknowlege it, then maybe work to improve on it? It seems that the topic comes to a stop before any meat can be discussed because of blame.

I used to train tech support for AOL way back in the early days of internet. A common phrase was "Don't fix the blame, fix the problem". Doesn't matter whose fault it is...it needs resolved.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

How do you propose who to charge and how much based on what punchcards?

I believe this happened and is still happening to many races, that doesnt mean its feasible to grant reparations.

If you have forensic accountants go through and tie children and grandchildren of wrongfully enslaved people to specific business ventures, then the estates that remain from them are liable. I don't understand why its hard to envision...its how you do such things.

When my dad was dying of mesothelioma, since he died so late compared to others, the companies responsible were all bankrupt. Or otherwise out of commission. So the amount of cash him and my mom recieved was not enough to pay for his medical bills. If there's no company, there's no place to fix liability. If there is an estate or something, then forensic accountants will piece together what needs to happen.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well many blacks haven't gone out of the Democrat plantation even today.

Look at Hillary Clinton, who helped imprison many black folks.

edit on 3/1/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Quite a few respondents boils it down to Liberal outage, as if to say conservatives shouldn't or wouldn't be outraged because it happened within the confines of the USA , like
self identified conservatives are a bunch of amoral folks which is not even remotely true, the meme like response who think Libs are being selective, have been living in a bubble when worldwide mass demonstrations, the Nigerian minister contemplate going to war and the Congressional Black Congress hauled in the Libyan ambassador in.
bass.house.gov...
But some can't walk and chew gum at the same time, or is it a distraction.

The story was a shock for me as I just didn't know some families were held as slaves not freed until the 1960s within the United States.

I don't know about you but some issues are neither liberal or conservative.
edit on 1-3-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

good points

first we have to establish statue of limitations

then we would have to prove that anyone was held beyond their will

also have to prove work took place

have to prove it was slavery and not kidnapping

too late for most of that but i can see in some cases may have merit

perhaps reparations not applicable but compensation may apply

so if i was sold at birth i could get monies if the sale was illegal? pay up succars

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Its sad what people can do to their brethren.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have lived twenty five years in the North and twenty five years in the South. Ohio and South Carolina might as well be two different countries. The manners, foods, work ethic, intellect, and treatment of each other is very different. Both the Northerners and Southerners have their plus and minus behavior traits. People are bullies, people are victims, this is an age old problem. It takes a strong person to stand up and mention slavery is bad and unethical, do your own work, aliens exist, no thank you, no guns here, behave or go home, etc...

The biggest story that bothered me last year was the Virginia college boy from Ohio who went to Korea and was detained or abducted in to incarceration. I knew about that event immediately from the next door to the parents neighbor, who is my mother's best friend, from the first week it happened. I couldn't stand to hear all the details for the following two years. It was a miserable feeling. I felt Obama telling everyone to keep it quite was a big dumb mistake. Ask yourself how lazy that man was? Why is it the parents didn't rip up the passport and tell the kid "Hell No you aren't going there." I would have told my son that. In an eye blink. Further why did they pay to send him there? So many stupid mistakes together spell big trouble or fatality. We all must be patient and kind doing the smart correct thing. These are our trials in life to work on to get along and be an equal society. So many people together equal many problems, total chaos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join