It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you lost connectivity to your Contacts address book?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I just go old school, and remember them.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I commit only the most important numbers to memory.
Exactly 3 family members and the combination to my safe.

And anyway, if there's a disaster with no internet or electricity we wouldn't be able to make phone calls. If I want to know what's going on in another neck of the woods I'll make sure to have my hiking and survival gear ready.

I suppose you could put your phone in a pillow case with some rocks and stuff and use it as a weapon in a pinch.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Do what we all did before common use of the interwebz. Store them in an address book. Ones these days have a line for e-mail entry. You may need more thanjust cold storage so to speak. Removable harddrive backups to SD cards and thumb drives. I don't suggest online storage as of course they can be open to breach of info.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
If the electric grid went down the old copper landlines might still work. If anyone had an old non electric phone and a landline. I used to now I have a voip landline with a cordless phone and no address book! I have several cellphones with contacts on them but if we lose power I won't be calling anyone! Scary how today's world will look if that happens. Most places have even taken out phone booths. I still have those in my area as we are very rural. I think I should make a new address book. Probably good to have some form of radio communication in homes in case of emerg. Does anyone do that anymore? CB? VHF? Shortwave?. I think I should look into that.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I dont know anyone and have no reason to contact anyone. Problem solved.

I'm just filling space, doin time. It's the gangs that run this joint.

posted on Mar, 4 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Is there something that is small and can keep all the data that isn't electronic?

Yes!! It's called a "paper notebook" and can be found at any store for about $1!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join