It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Flat Earth and the Hollow Earth

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I can see lots of people are very very dumb

I'm sorry for you, i hope you have no kids that will suffer through you

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

Claiming .... The Earth has 'very minimal curvature', almost 'no curvature at all'! Planes may slightly 'adjust', during a flight.... no problem! ...'A pilot never worries about curvature on a flight, because curvature of Earth, at such altitudes, is extremely slight. It's easily explained with normal adjustments, done in all flight!s!' Every curvature has to curve, no matter how 'slight' the curve, being a curve, and the same rules apply to ALL curvature. A descent is required, in all cases. The 1800 feet of curvature is based on Earth's curvature, of course. A plane following above would have lesser curvature, compared to the ground. Without a doubt. Maybe about 1799.9 feet, or so, left to be accounted for?!?

Why even reply with rubbish that makes no sense to what you are replying to.

You could have answered or not replied at all.

Why quote the questions and not answer?

Simply idiotic.

I take it you really don't get point of the question.

Yes there is decent, but how much curvature is over 250 feet just at the surface?

You really don't get it do you?

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Another problem is that the moon, if it's spherical, cannot be reflecting sunlight to Earth.

Why not?

A sphere cannot reflect light from another source in a downward direction.

So it shines upwards, there is no up or down in space.

Light would reflect all directions, just like it would with any other spherical object.

Well guess what, it does, that is why we can see the moon.

This means the moon itself is a light source. No other way to explain it.

Look,

I am going to be very generous here,

what was said above could be excused if a 5 year old said it.

And it also explains why we can see the moon in daylight, in front of the blue skies, as well.

No that proves that it is a globe because it can be seen when its in the same general direction as the sun, hence why we see differing shapes of the moon lit up.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Another problem is that the moon, if it's spherical, cannot be reflecting sunlight to Earth.

Why not?

A sphere cannot reflect light from another source in a downward direction.

So it shines upwards, there is no up or down in space.

Light would reflect all directions, just like it would with any other spherical object.

Well guess what, it does, that is why we can see the moon.

Look,

I am going to be very generous here,

what was said above could be excused if a 5 year old said it.

And it also explains why we can see the moon in daylight, in front of the blue skies, as well.

No that proves that it is a globe because it can be seen when its in the same general direction as the sun, hence why we see differing shapes of the moon lit up.

What? Where exactly did he claim that the Moon cannot be a sphere again? I missed that particular bit of deranged lunacy.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

What? Where exactly did he claim that the Moon cannot be a sphere again? I missed that particular bit of deranged lunacy.

Let it go...

just let it go....

The trip I am experiencing now after reading their posts....

WOW head spins galore.

I just cant fathom the amount of brain farting going on here

Like I said the gas is getting to me, save yourself

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Mate, I have said it before I will say it again. No-one can possibly be that stupid, therefore Turbonium has to be trolling us.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Mate, I have said it before I will say it again. No-one can possibly be that stupid, therefore Turbonium has to be trolling us.

If you ever read their posts in the 9/11 forum which was prior to discovering this topic its quite obvious who or what I should say we are dealing with.

Although its our fault for replying, I guess we are generous and have a lot of food to spare.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow I missed that particular dose of stupid.

Anyone who has looked through a telescope at the moon can see with their own eyes that it is a sphere simply by looking at the length of shadows at the terminator compared with the fully lit part. Then there is the fact, observable with your own eyes that when the moon is not full the terminator curves - the only exception being the half way mark.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This post of yours I'm responding to is yet another example of you being completely wrong about every single assertion you made in it.

First off I'm going to say that I have been explaining exactly why you are wrong in my responses, so you saying otherwise is you just outright lying.

Now onto your assertions about gravity being somehow sacrosanct, this is you outright lying once again. Gravity is constantly being questioned, tested, and et cetera by science, especially in the last decade! The scientific community spends massive amounts of time, energy, and money on this because it's such a big deal to literally everything!

Frankly the claims you made in the post I clicked reply to and the other posts past that point are just so jam packed with abject and blatant lies that they're really not even slightly worth constructing detailed and evidence based refutations for!

They make it very abundantly clear that you're a lying scumbag with absolutely no interest in the truth and you have now reached the point where you don't deserve and are not going to receive responses where people actually post answers and evidence in good faith.

Anyone who stumbles into this trainwreck of a thread and manages to read this far into it will clearly see you for exactly what you are.

P.s. Gravity is still real, planes don't have to constantly adjust their nose downward, and you're never going to be anything other than a punchline.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tadaa!!

LOL

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarriorMH
I can see lots of people are very very dumb

I'm sorry for you, i hope you have no kids that will suffer through you
Ummm, wonder if turbo has ever seen a lunar eclipse.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

You really are the Ronald McDonald (ie Clown) of science on here watch below proof of gravity.

there seems to be a problem linking youtube videos here the link youtu.be...

As for planes flying above a curve, the Earths curvature is expressed as 8 inch per mile squared so first mile is an 8" drop. So 8" in 5280 feet an A380 is 240 ft long flying at 30,000 feet you think that 8 " is a problem. Each mile traveled is only an 8" drop from the end point of the previous mile.

The problem is flatties take it as a tangent from the starting point so they measure a vertical drop from that tangent line.

As for sphere's not reflecting light you are beyond help.
edit on 28-5-2018 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1
Another problem is that the moon, if it's spherical, cannot be reflecting sunlight to Earth. A sphere cannot reflect light from another source in a downward direction. Light would reflect all directions, just like it would with any other spherical object.

Among other things..

Wouldn't "light would reflect in all directions" include reflecting back to Earth, and back too our eyes on Earth?

And why is it that a sunlit (or lit otherwise) basketball can reflect light back to me? If a spherical basketball can, then why not a spherical Moon?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

The 8 inches per mile squared thing is just a quick dirty formula from the 1850's which was used for field surveying purposes.

Really the more accurate way to look at it is that the earth curves by 1 degree every 69 miles/111 kilometers.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Because they're taking a bad approximation from how to draw books as representative of reality....

I'd love for there to be a better answer, but nope that's really why they say that.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

1 deg is the subtented angle at the center of the earth and not curvature

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
as " select people " seem obsessed with asking about " what is the degree of curvature "

a simple question - what is " the degree of curvature " of a sphere , radius 500mm ?????

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

The entire point is that this is how far you have to go at sea level to get 1 degree of change. At 35,000 feet you're looking at an even larger distance by quite an astonishing amount due to the whole pi r squared thing.

This hammers home just how slight the curvature really is by giving people a way to envision the scale that has numbers in an easy to envision range.

You can also then play the tell me this angle game in a certain way to really really push the point home!

The tell me this angle game involves showing them a series of 3 angles that are 1 degree apart and in random order / randomly sized which they must eyeball only guess each one of with only one visible at a time. I usually make this like a 30 31 & 32 degree angle or 44 45 & 46 because you need them to be able to get close in order for it to work, and you also don't tell them they're going to only be 1 degree apart & you don't tell them if they guessed right or wrong until they give you the guesses for all 3.

You might be saying that this is a very mean trick, but the idea is to very clearly demonstrate to them just how poor our senses are at distinguishing things like angles especially when there's variation in the lengths of the lines and et cetera!

When you then further explain that in that one degree over a given distance you technically must first ascend by half a degree and then descend by half a degree, it suddenly becomes extremely clear just how indistinguishable this all is to human senses and how insane it is to believe that airplanes have to compensate for this at all!

BTW

I used this on 4 flat earthers I met at the sand dunes while riding four wheelers this weekend. I did the initial 69 miles / tell me this angle game Friday night, they came back and tried to argue a few different points throughout Saturday, and by the time we left yesterday they were a little subdued but we're like oh man I can't believe we wasted all this time believing in flat earth!!!

To be fair though I also had some help in the form of a power plant I happen to know of that's many many miles from the sand dunes and several different spots in ascending elevation where you can go from not being able to see it at all to being able to pretty nicely see most of it through my binoculars.

The best part about the observation spots is that they're only about 300 or 400 meters apart in straight line distance but with at least a 250 meter elevation change over the 4 spots. You can very clear see the low spot from the highest spot and vice versa.

It felt really good though actually having people realize that no one was trying to trick them and just being able to go over their objections as they came up with them without them retreating.

Do I think all 4 of them will still believe the Earth is round by next weekend?

Probably not, but I know I firmly got through to one and put some serious doubts into 2 others. The one that the light bulb really came on for will probably have to finish the job for the other 2 and I can only hope that when the other 3 don't believe anymore that it will keep #4 from back sliding. I'll be honest in saying that I have my doubts about #4 though, he seemed like the type that NEEDS flat earth to feel ok about the world and his place in it.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Ive posted about the curvature of a circle as it would apply to objects / planes.
the radius of the earth is 4000 miles approx and adding another 6 miles to this radius is not very significant change

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Ok walk out your first floor window tell me when you hit the ground and break your legs that gravity doesnt exist !

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join