It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Flat Earth and the Hollow Earth

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Even more damning is one of the logistics companies that deals with supplying the Antarctic region will drop you supplies even if you're not permitted, but pay in cash!

(See the berserk incident and the girl who was going to ride her recumbent pedal trike all the way across Antarctica and get picked up on the far side until she couldn't crowdfund the extra $50,000+ in supply drops and charter costs to get picked up on the far edge.)

The thing is all the stuff flat earth types claim about Antarctica is really easily refuted with one or two Google searches. (Googling stuff about pirate yachters below 60 degrees south latitude is good, they'll tell you in their own words about their pirate adventures down there which they definitely do not get permission for!)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

I believe the newschwabben land existed and the nazis did go there to build a base of operations , whether they remained after the war who knows

but guaranteed there are virology labs there and exotic materials research there as well!

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am open to the Nazis in Antarctica thing but I don't buy all the Admiral Byrd stories and the SAS vs Nazi Snow Men stuff.

I found an interesting article here which tries to debunk the Nazi UFO base there:

NAZI ANTARCTIC UFO BASE DEBUNKED

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad
I second this...

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Aye , thing is Admiral Byrd's journal may not be real , but all of his voyages to the antarctic and the arctic circles for the international geographical society and the US military were very real!

Byrd is one of my all time heroes!
that man done a whole load of adventuring

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

There have been no nuclear tests on the continent of Antarctica, by anyone, at least no credible record or evidence of such. Id love to see good evidence of it, that much nuclear activity would be obvious, with massive amounts of fall out spread across the ice, a huge amount of melted surface etc. If it was underground, the same still stands, Massive amounts of surface disruption and tectonic activity.

I do not find any evidence outside of the 'Ice Nazi' conspiracies, which too are rather dubious.

Atmospheric testing? Probably yes, disrupting the ionosphere down at the pole or around there would be rather interesting for research purposes no doubt.

I know 5 people who have been to Antartica, all based on the icecube experiment situated near the geometric pole. They all describe strict medical requirements, psych tests to ensure they wont go nuts during constant darkness, and the kind of random stuff they got up to to entertain themselves.

The main reason for restricted access is partially because of reducing human impact on the region, but also because it is bastardly hard to operate much machinery or, anything at all, once the temperature drops below a certain temperature. So machines are fine while they are running, but cold starting a solid block of metal and frozen oils... not so much.

Governments generally would rather not have a situation like Everest where every man and their dog goes up and dies leaving a random scattering of dead frozen bodies all over the continent.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Agreed, he was quite a guy but his "journal" was a fairy story.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I believe the newschwabben land existed and the nazis did go there to build a base of operations , whether they remained after the war who knows

but guaranteed there are virology labs there and exotic materials research there as well!

The Nazi base in Anctartica was the silliest thing I've read in some time. It never said how the fed themselves over the long term, where they built their base, why they built their base and, above all, how they got the construction materials past the Royal Navy in the South Atlantic. The RN used to hunt U-boats out of the Simonstown naval base in South Africa, which was an important one in the area.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

So you think, Im fulla crap, eh? Brilliant

With what you claim,

Many are praying that you are.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Why is Antarctica the only landmass we are not raping and pillaging.

Its not cost effective.

Once we have technology that strives in those conditions and is cost effective we will.

Corporations control this planet (sort of), and we know they could find all kinds of goodies to make money off of. Why no change in legislation where lots of money could be made? It's happened everywhere else.

see above.

I am not saying this is proof of a flat earth, but it is very indicative of a major deception.

How so?

The only place that we are going to be universally altruistic and honorable is Antarctica, to the point where anyone wanting to explore is removed,unless you go to their designated areas. If anyone on this thread buys that bull at face value, they are programmed beyond redemption.

Yeah I guess using your brain gets you called a programed sheep by conspiracy theorists.

If you go there on holidays and wonder off then yes, its good that you will be picked up and told not to wonder.

The rules and regulations are there to keep humans alive in conditions that are suited to kill humans very quickly.

With proper preparation you can explore anywhere, but if you go there with a group expedition and try to wonder off then you shouldn't just be picked up but locked up for putting yourself which ends up putting others in danger.

You want explore then you make preparations and do it right

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Antartica is a very hostile place - as it has been mentioned, the ice coverage is very deep.

As mentioned, the ICEcube detector is situated out there...

icecube.wisc.edu...
blogs.discovermagazine.com...
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

It is roughly 1km across. When they deploy the detector strings into the ice, they can only do it in the summer season as deployment in the winter is basically too difficult to impossible. The holes are made via water drilling, and if anyone is interested in how hard it is

www.igsoc.org...

Antartica being largely unpopulated is mostly about access being difficult and undeveloped, constant daylight or constant night is an issue and in the more remote and inland areas... it can get down to -70 to -80C, lowest recorded temperature i think was around -90C. Which is so cold that basically things stop functioning correctly. Most oils commonly used for lubrication or fuel start to turn into a honey like consistency and in general... a human exposed to that is going to basically die after not so long.

The idea that there is a crack commando team that will come and get you if you wander off is logically inconsistent with how worthwhile and expensive it would be to support such an effort. A country like the US cannot patrol its borders efficiently and has the largest military spending on the planet.... so tell me again how Antartica is ringed with an even bigger military force? Sorry but simple lucid thought tells you how crazy that idea is.

Oh yeah, the reason why the IceCube scientists need lots of medical, (down to, if you still have your wisdom teeth you cannot go for example) is that, it costs a few hundred k to come and pick you up if you are too sick to stay....

And before some randomer says "Oh but they are all under embargo and cannot talk about their experiences" I also say... thats not the case. You see, IceCube scientists who have wintered over or have done drill work... they are like vegans, they will tell you within 30 seconds of meeting them that they have been to Antartica lol
edit on 24-5-2018 by ErosA433 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ErosA433

DAMNIT!!

I now have Spanish rice and what was very hot and melty cheese lodged somewhere in my sinuses because I was attempting to eat a chili relleno burrito when I got to the part about people who have been to Antarctica being like vegans!!!

What you say though is absolutely true. I know something like 4 people that have done one or more 13 month sustainment contracts down there. (Mechanics, facilities people, and the like not PHD's)
And they will all pretty much find any possible reason they can, no matter how threadbare, to tell you that they've been there!

On the nuclear detonation thing and ice Nazis... I hear the nuclear stuff brought up a lot and I'd love solid evidence for it too. However, when it comes to the ice Nazi lore there's just a whole bunch of really odd and hard to find information on stuff that's highly suggestive of the major powers in the post world war 2 era being sure enough to devote a pretty major amount of resources and etc to finding and dealing with stuff they were all convinced made it out of Europe before Berlin fell.

There's also still a really amazing amount of classified information that the various governments show absolutely no signs of being willing to even think about the declassification of even today. (And not just the nuclear ways and means stuff)

There's also the old chestnut of Ian Fleming and other really interesting characters having been involved in the various tech retrieval and exploitation efforts.

In my personal opinion there's enough really interesting puzzle pieces to indicate that a portion of the Reich made it out of Germany and were doing god knows what on an organized and large scale in the post war era that could be indicative of the sort of network you'd set up to keep something like a hidden enclave provisioned etc.

Also, there were a couple of really bizarre submarine hunts in Argentina I think it was that just seem like there was way more to whatever was going on than made it into official reports etc. (Sorta like the tic tac incident with the carrier work up off San Diego in the early 2000's)

Plus there's some interesting things WRT Kenneth Arnold Av Roe Egyptian missile programs and assorted other weirdness.

The biggest thing though is I don't make major life choices based on my belief that the ice Nazis may have been real, it's just something I like thinking about and looking around for new information about.

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: Hyperboles

So you think, Im fulla crap, eh? Brilliant

With what you claim,

Many are praying that you are.
Lol nice one mate

posted on May, 25 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

with what you are trying to compare, YES, the size of both objects matters a whole lot, its one of the most important factors when making the comparisons to work out what you are talking about.

The rate of decent will vary.

The earth needs to have a much smaller circumference (much much smaller) for pilots to have to compensate.

Because the earth is the size it is and because a plane is not flying on the surface but way above this makes the circumference of where the plane around the planet even larger.

How long is a plane?

250feet?

How much curvature on the surface of the planet is there over 250 feet?

add 10km or 30,000 feet of more space to increase the circumference and how much curvature is over 250 feet?

Its so minimal that it doesn't matter at the speeds planes travel.

How much curvature is over 250 feet just on the surface (just the surface not at 30,000 feet) of the planet?

If you cannot understand why I ask even after attempting to explain with my limited intellect then good luck to you.

Claiming ....

The Earth has 'very minimal curvature', almost 'no curvature at all'! Planes may slightly 'adjust', during a flight.... no problem!

...'A pilot never worries about curvature on a flight, because curvature of Earth, at such altitudes, is extremely slight. It's easily explained with normal adjustments, done in all flight!s!'

Every curvature has to curve, no matter how 'slight' the curve, being a curve, and the same rules apply to ALL curvature.

A descent is required, in all cases.

The 1800 feet of curvature is based on Earth's curvature, of course. A plane following above would have lesser curvature, compared to the ground. Without a doubt.

Maybe about 1799.9 feet, or so, left to be accounted for?!?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: turbonium1

For a troll you are dementedly determined. That or you are trying to prove a point.
I think the other posters need to stop rising to the bait you keep leaving out in the form of idiocy.

At least you live up to your forum nickname!

Why would you even care about what I believe? Why bother posting on what I think?

Are you upset when people have a different view than yours, on what the shape of Earth is?

Or are you upset about something else?

If you want to discuss the issue, go ahead. It's hardly worth going off in some sort of maniacal rage over, is it?

Oh, I'm not ranting about anything. I'm just pointing out that you have lied, obfuscated, changed direction, wilfully misunderstood facts and generally trolled for page after page after page.
You're giggling about getting people so upset with how stupid you appear to be aren't you?
Meh. I have better things to do.

I'm sure you'll keep on telling yourself that, too..

Opinions vary on all things, all issues, all ideas, all emotional issues, so be it.

What makes the flat Earth issue so different.

It's fine to believe we have ancient Sea monsters, hidden for centuries, everywhere, not a shred of proof...

Aliens are really true, although a true story is never supported, it's always something 'possible'.

Nobody laughs at the idea of alien invaders overtaking Earth, or crashing 'saucers', which are 'seen' all over the world afterwards. Not seen so much before this 'event', oddly.

And it looks like a great secret, that no government will speak about, of course.

Nobody laughs at an incredible force that holds the entire universe, or most of it, all together at once, gripping smaller planets to larger planets, Being the force of all miracles, it stops pulling planets and moons to larger-sized planets, instead of a greater force !!!

Total nonsense, peddled to a foolish public.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I'm sure you'll keep on telling yourself that, too..

Opinions vary on all things, all issues, all ideas, all emotional issues, so be it.

Opinions vary, facts don't.

What makes the flat Earth issue so different.

No facts support it.

It's fine to believe we have ancient Sea monsters, hidden for centuries, everywhere, not a shred of proof...

No it isn't

Aliens are really true, although a true story is never supported, it's always something 'possible'.

Indeed they are possible, but no-one knows they are true.

Nobody laughs at the idea of alien invaders overtaking Earth, or crashing 'saucers', which are 'seen' all over the world afterwards. Not seen so much before this 'event', oddly.

Oh they laugh alright.

And it looks like a great secret, that no government will speak about, of course.

Aliens may be elsewhere, they are not here. There is nothing to speak about.

Nobody laughs at an incredible force that holds the entire universe, or most of it, all together at once, gripping smaller planets to larger planets, Being the force of all miracles, it stops pulling planets and moons to larger-sized planets, instead of a greater force !!!

Whether you believe a flat Earth or not, something invisible keeps the moon above us and the planets moving around the sun and their moons around them. Those movements can be predicted exactly using a model with gravity at the heart of it. Your alternative is?

Total nonsense, peddled to a foolish public.

That's right, that's what your alternative is

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: mytquin

Pilots dont have to tip the nose down , because a plane is constantly fighting the effect of gravity and is essentially controlled falling!

A plane wouldnt fly into space as it requires Air molecules to work the jet engines and so can only fly to specific altitudes before there isnt enough air to keep it aloft!

A plane controls its flight, and what happens in flight. Nothing controls the plane, externally, in its flight, or its actions during the flight. It may have an effect on a plane, during flight, but not CONTROL it.

'Level flight' is when a plane is not in ascent, nor in descent. THAT is what it means when any airplane is said to be in 'level flight'.

It's very important to know that a level flight is independent of any surface(s) below the plane, no matter how curved or flat it might be.

Any external forces on a plane, whether it is powerful crosswinds, or the supposed 'gravity' force, pulling planes downward, do not change what a level flight is on a plane, or how level flight is achieved by a plane within air.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Whether you believe a flat Earth or not, something invisible keeps the moon above us and the planets moving around the sun and their moons around them. Those movements can be predicted exactly using a model with gravity at the heart of it. Your alternative is?

Imo, it is constructed, at least, in what we know, and can see, in all that exists, above the Earth. It's not proven, as yet, but it's a view I hold.

Gravity does not even exist, as I've mentioned many times, before.

Such a force on Earth, which pulls a moon toward it, from a great distance, will certainly have pulled it to Earth's very surface, since gravity would be much, much greater in forcing a moon towards it, being ever closer to the very force which is pulling it in!!

You can't have it both ways. Absolute nonsense.
edit on 26-5-2018 by turbonium1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Another problem is that the moon, if it's spherical, cannot be reflecting sunlight to Earth. A sphere cannot reflect light from another source in a downward direction. Light would reflect all directions, just like it would with any other spherical object.

This means the moon itself is a light source. No other way to explain it.

And it also explains why we can see the moon in daylight, in front of the blue skies, as well.

Among other things..

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Another problem is that the moon, if it's spherical, cannot be reflecting sunlight to Earth. A sphere cannot reflect light from another source in a downward direction. Light would reflect all directions, just like it would with any other spherical object.

This means the moon itself is a light source. No other way to explain it.

And it also explains why we can see the moon in daylight, in front of the blue skies, as well.

Among other things..

LOL... wow

You're something...

You realize you can test this idea very easily

And of course... You haven't a clue what you're talking about

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join