It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACEBOOK Has Declared WAR on President Trump and His Supporters.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
February 28, 2018

This sinister tweaking is somewhat shocking...but not unexpected. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg spoke negatively about President-Elect Trump, after his November 2016 victory over Hillary Clinton.

Engagement on Donald Trump’s Facebook posts has dropped by approximately 45 percent since the platform introduced a new algorithm change, following a year of pressure from left-wing employees and the mainstream media for “allowing” the President to win the 2016 general election.

In January 2018, Facebook introduced a major change to its newsfeed algorithm. In a post, CEO Mark Zuckerberg claimed that the change aimed to give greater emphasis to posts from “friends, family and groups” and less to “businesses, brands and media.” The change was followed by a promise to promote what Facebook calls “broadly trusted” news sources on the platform.

In the month following the algorithm change, engagement on Donald Trump’s Facebook posts dropped sharply. Total engagement dropped by approximately 45 percent, according to data from leading social media analytics firm NewsWhip. In an email to Breitbart News, a representative of Newswhip confirmed that Breitbart’s assessment of the data was accurate.

SOURCE w/More at: www.breitbart.com...

While it makes me angry that Facebook would do this, I see it as an opportunity for President Trump to create a Social Network Platform that's independent of Facebook... and Twitter, for that matter. Donald Trump knows from experience, that controlling as much of your own life as possible, is always the most desirable, and beneficial place to be.

-CareWeMust

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

*Logs out*

I win the war!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

*Logs out*

I win the war!!!

You mean log out of Facebook? Why not unsubscribe?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

*Logs out*

I win the war!!!

Facebook has me for a while longer on my home computer. But I deleted or disabled the app on all other devices I own.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

carewemust

I only use Facebook for keeping in touch with family. Not a social hub or anything like that.

That's why I have ATS!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

carewemust

I only use Facebook for keeping in touch with family. Not a social hub or anything like that.

That's why I have ATS!

I hear ya. I use ATS as my Facebook/Twitter combo.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
[SNIPPED]

i hope bozo buys him out.

then we kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

edit on 3.1.2018 by Kandinsky because: Removed Swearing tut tut tut

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Do you work for Fox News by chance?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

the quality of " declarations of war " has plummeted alarmingly

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I DECLARE WAR ON TWINKIES!!

/crams said twinkie in my mouth, eating it..

I WIN!

Seriously, Facebook isn't relevant anymore, users are leaving faster then they are gaining them anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

yea, this is an opportunity for Trump to have another state sponsored outlet, fox News is a great example of how a state run media should run.

if im not mistaken, Facebook didn't just target the Don, they slowed all news feeds and livestreams in favor of family friends feeds.. but the news is there if one searches for it...

this is like a cult following now... ridiculous...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Anything involving Facebook, I just can't take seriously.

It's Facebook...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
(I'm actually embarrassed that I took the bait) but,

Really?

So the one MsM outlet that leans towards "other than left" is state sponsored?

Where the f*ck have you been for the last 30 years?!?!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I honestly don't even agree with OPs click-bait title. Just seems like hyperbole to me.
ATS members' new MO

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I hide all the political postings on Facebook and just look at family updates across the nation. Vacation pics, birthdays, random crap, an occasional ad, some sexy ads. That's what Facebook is now to me. I did read some people are making lots of money via Facebook.

I thought more highly of Trump before he was president and he used to call into CNBC commenting on different topics. He did know enough to go campaign extra hard in states that Hillary thought she didn't need to bother with. Overconfidence cost her. I hear enough politics. I'm not looking for it on Facebook. Most media comments seem negative about whomever and I'm not interested in reading very much politics unless it's time to vote again.

However I might enjoy reading some Russian lies about Hillary. However are they lies or the truth? For that I will have to visit here to investigate. Maybe she really did convert 10,000 into one million dollars through legitimate means many years ago. I see advertisements online all the time about how all these experts are making a fortune and all you have to do is buy their program to duplicate it. If she did it, inside information is what I think. Maybe I should run for congress and then inside information becomes legal or however they define it.
I heard the pay was decent too. A lot of what some politicians do during campaigns might have gotten them fired in any large politically correct corporation many Americans work for. I'm aware of someone who got fired for merely posting a few words on Facebook that were not politically correct. Somewhere on his account he had listed where he worked at. It was against company policy. Fired next day. Facebook is dangerous. I didn't realize you could lose your job so easily.

I'm not in favor of corporations being able to fire anyone for posting a few not politically correct words on Facebook. Makes me want to close my Facebook account to feel free. I happen to be politically correct more than most I believe but am biased politically towards candidates. It's best not to talk politics at all if your job is on the line and for many, it may be with all these rules we can be fired over for the slightest infraction. I was laid off by same company to save money. Now remaining employees who are paid less can take twice as long to do the work I was doing. I don't understand the cost savings there especially if they hire several lower level people to replace a few highly skilled people. Might be a strategy to lay off people when the next round of corporate layoffs are mandated so they don't have to layoff highly skilled people. Facebook needs to be more private in my opinion. Let you easily share only with relatives and close friends without anyone being able to share if you don't want them to.

One day saying anything negative about a political party might be an offense you could get fired for.
edit on 1/3/18 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I see it as an opportunity for President Trump to create a Social Network Platform that's independent of Facebook... and Twitter

Wow.

Next we should just have Trump approved media!

Unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

carewemust

That's why I have ATS!

Well that’s what Zuckerberg has intended apparently.

I’d like to see the stats for the likes of Mike Pence before giving this claim any credence.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Not just Facebook, add google and twitter to the list. Along with the MSM. Does that not tell you something

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Not just Facebook, add google and twitter to the list. Along with the MSM. Does that not tell you something

NoooOOooOOOoo, not Twitter too! How will Trump communica.. declare his victories then?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

carewemust

That's why I have ATS!

Exactly. Facebook is running out it's utility for me. Basically, as soon as I'm done facilitating communications with some people by other means I will be deleting the account. There just isn't a reason for me to maintain it. I consider it a security hazard and a psychological trap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join