It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix/Tucson Area

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I'm going to be in the Phoenix/Tucson area next week and was seeing if any of you could point me towards some area of interest relating to classified projects and/or "interesting sightings". I hate that I'm being one of those guys that doesn't dig for things in the search tool for hours but I'm really busy and just seeing if any of you could point me in a general direction for some interesting locations or some places to check out.

Thanks
edit on CSTst3120182018p4288 by TStoops88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TStoops88
You have to ask?
The Thing
edit on 3/1/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

What do you mean by Phoenix/Tuscon area? They are a couple hours apart. You won't find crap in Phoenix, ir's a huge city.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
You have to ask?
The Thing

Now you've done it.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Last I remember Tucson was 100 miles from Phoenix,not all that close,I think there is more weird things as you get near border,lot's of off limit areas

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

There isn't a lot as far as classified stuff in either. Phoenix is home to Luke, which is almost exclusively F-16 and F-35 training for multiple countries. Tucson is home to Davis-Monthan, as well as a detachment of F-16s at the Tucson airport.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Superstition Mountains, bring a gun

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Not sure a gun is going to help you in the Superstitions... Lots of people go missing.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Good point, but it couldn’t hurt to be armed if you run across some tweakers

Also, Jesus is your friend.
edit on 1-3-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

www.airplaneboneyards.com...

Phoenix to Marana is about 100 miles. You can do some searches to see if it is spooky or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

There are a few really interesting things out at DM. But from the outside the most interesting bits appear very boring. Seeing them isn't very exciting. But depending on the day and where you're at, you might see the A-10's out and about. Sometimes there are interesting activities out at Fort Huachuca, but the odds of seeing them are pretty small. Visiting the outskirts of YPG or BMGR has a slight chance of seeing something interesting, but activity of any sort visible from outside the ranges is kind of hit and miss, and MOST the time it is simply F-16's and A-10's practising strafing and bombing out at BMGR, and a bunch of Marine and helo activity at YPG.

If you just want to do see some different mil-things head out to the Pima Air and Space Museum. Apparently you can now contract with them to actually tour inside AMARG (the "boneyard") also. I've been to AMARG, but not on the public tour, so I'm not sure what you'll see, but there are a ton of aircraft out there and at the museum itself. The museum itself was well worth a trip.
Also, the Titan Missile Museum is (to my knowledge) the only ICBM silo site still open to public tours. Haven't been in ages, but it is unique. It's well-preserved and the missile is still onsite in the silo.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Pima has had daily bus tours for many years. You don't get to see a huge part of the Boneyard but you get to see Celebrity Row, the processing areas, and a lot of aircraft. You used to be able to walk up and buy a ticket, but now you have to book in advance and go through a background check first.
edit on 3/1/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Marana has/had spooky connections, for sure. But I didn't think he'd be interested in history lessons as much as things to see. Haha Definitely a bunch of planes in various states of storage still out at Marana. And Evergreen is still out there, but it really isn't super exciting. It is right of the freeway and on your way between Phoenix and Tucson, so it could be worth a trip depending on your level of avnerdness for civil air.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

There are quite a few interesting planes in there now, and it's worth the stop to see the Army air that flies into there.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I had to go on un-airconditioned trucks best described as near-antiquated, uncomfortable, and air force blue.

I'm sure the public tour is better than my memories. Especially this time of year.

ETA: All this talk is making me want to go back down for a visit.
edit on 1-3-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: Zaphod58

I had to go on un-airconditioned trucks best described as near-antiquated, uncomfortable, and air force blue.

I'm sure the public tour is better than my memories. Especially this time of year.

ETA: All this talk is making me want to go back down for a visit.

When I toured KMHV, a worker just drove us around in an Econline. Photograph and ventilation provided by the sliding door.

I have no idea if the under the counter tour is still done.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It was worth taking the bus tour for me. I got to see the only aircraft I've ever been happy to see out of the fleet sitting in the yard. The only thing that could have made me happier is if it was in pieces.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'v seen weird lights moving around in strange unusual ways on like three different occasions south of Phoenix looking from Chandler area. It looked like the lights were between Auwatukee and Maricopa area.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: wickd_waze

Might have been from BMGR. It'd be roughly that direction, but farther out.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TStoops88
Hey guys,

I'm going to be in the Phoenix/Tucson area next week and was seeing if any of you could point me towards some area of interest relating to classified projects and/or "interesting sightings". I hate that I'm being one of those guys that doesn't dig for things in the search tool for hours but I'm really busy and just seeing if any of you could point me in a general direction for some interesting locations or some places to check out.

Thanks
I lived in both Tuscon and Phoenix. We used to go camping east of Phoenix at Apache Lake in the Superstition Mountains. Absolutely beautiful and only accessible by one dirt road that goes deep into the old Apache lands. One time my girlfriend at the time and I both saw there a big green ball fall slowly across the sky.
edit on 1-3-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join