It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says, 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The problem is that the people who want everyone's guns will turn in everyone that has a gun
That's not the way it works.

I think the person calling in should be required to give their name so this law does not get abused.
That is the way it works. The person calling has to be a police officer or a family member. Then the court issues an order if it determines an immediate danger. But Florida doesn't have a law like that. Most states don't have a law like that.
edit on 2/28/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You just described 80% of the world’s population.

And I'm talking about one.
The POTUS.

Your desire for grandiloquence betrays you. Big deal.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: rickymouse
If someone is making threats, go take the guns, documenting the guns and keeping them safe till after the hearing on the matter. We need to revise the law a bit. This should require a court order, probable cause. The firearms could also be given to a close relative to hold. That relative should be held responsible for making sure the person does not get them till after the hearing. If the person shows up to get the guns from the relative, that relative has to report them taken though, as soon as they know it has been done.

As long as the law doesn't get twisted so they take away the guns of someone who yells at their neighbor for tossing their leaves in their yard, I see no problem with this. Also, it has to be shown that the person is actually the one that made the comment on social media. Anyone could start a Facebook page on someone else. I never had to prove who I was when I made a page.

Taking guns for mental illness and speech is basically giving the government the right to take them from anyone at any time. Such a broad statute would be wide open for abuse. Not to mention, it would justify a whole new level of monitoring what one says. It would be an absolute police state, and your guns would be taken for sure.

Yeah, I know, I wrote about some stuff on a response to Phage. But we must do something, we could get rid of the social media I suppose so these people with problems can't gain confidence in their delusion. Most people who do this stuff probably do not read the paper or watch the six oclock news.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

I really doubt trump was saying to take guns first, ask questions later

Except, that's exactly what he said.

"Or, Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court."

Context Phage, context...

Don't be that guy

Well actually you are allowed to, have another bourbon for me!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: angeldoll

I think the police should be able to make a little house call, complete with search warrant. If there's an arsenal there for material evidence, combined with his statements on social media, they should be able to take him to the nearest nut-house. Even against his will. I would totally be in favor of that.

So you are in approval of Trumps words today.

Leave your freedoms at the door and up to the judgement of authority and courts...which are never wrong...ever.

Wow. Think what you think, I don't much care, really. But I hope at some point you'll give some thought to reading comprehension.

link   
Even Trump said....

. "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here ...and his supporters cheered!!

www.cnn.com...

I wonder if he remembers saying that?
edit on 28-2-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   
Can't.
One a night since Christmas.
On weekdays.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
he was just agitating them....rattle em to see if they break up

Yep, I'll wait to see what actually happens. The Don says a lot of things that make people uneasy, then his actual ACTIONS show what he was really thinking.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Even Trump said....

. "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here ...and his supporters cheered!!

www.cnn.com...

Those Prigs wouldn’t let him forget it.
edit on 28-2-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Mr. Trump also flatly insisted that legislation should raise the minimum age for buying rifles to 21 from 18 — an idea the N.R.A. and many Republicans fiercely oppose.

I guess that means they will have to raise the age to 21 for anyone joining the military. I wonder how the MIC will deal with that?

Soldiers have to buy their own weapons?

link   

Can't.
One a night since Christmas.
On weekdays.

Sorry to hear, hope it's a personal choice and not health related, that would be pretty shltty.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The problem is that the people who want everyone's guns will turn in everyone that has a gun
That's not the way it works.

I think the person calling in should be required to give their name so this law does not get abused.
That is the way it works. The person calling has to be a police officer or a family member. Then the court issues and order. But Florida doesn't have a law like that. Most states don't have a law like that.

So, if I am outside yelling at a raccoon or bear that is trashing the bird feeder with my rifle and the neighbor hears me and sees me with the gun out here in the woods, they might call the cops thinking I am a nut and threatening someone since they do not see the animal. So the cops get the call, and come with a swat team to take away my guns. I live out in the bush, I am not going to go out and yell at a bear without a gun. But say, I had an argument with the neighbor because he was cutting trees on my land, they might decide to call on me. I can yell at a bear if I want, I can talk to the deer if I want, we do it all the time,.....oh, maybe I shouldn't say I talk to animals, I might be considered crazy.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

So the cops get the call, and come with a swat team to take away my guns.

What part of "court order" do you not understand?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Even Trump said....

www.cnn.com...

He's said so many things that are laughable, the opposite of what you'd expect a POTUS to behave like. But that was never, at any point, an issue (for some).

The proverbial straw that breaks the back are his comments about guns, and that's equally sad.

You can make a laundry list of the things Donald has said/tweeted, and people on ATS will just call you triggered or the thought police.

But guns... how dare he. But then again, some still defend him at every turn and (of course) distort the reality into some sort of 4D chess move.

It's a cult and it's to be expected. I think some people just snapped out of it, though, to be honest.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Think of it as more like a person shouting "fire" in a theatre, only he tells everybody he's going to start it, and he has
a couple of gallons of gasoline with him. And matches.

Would we not realize quickly that he is dangerous? Wouldn't we need to act quickly?

Or should we wait a few weeks until we can get a court hearing?

What's the difference? Oh yeah. gunz.
edit on 2/28/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So the cops get the call, and come with a swat team to take away my guns.

What part of "court order" do you not understand?

Well, we have had some strange things lately around here, another standoff with the cops in Marquette last week, another one three weeks ago, some girl had a gun. Two or three suicides around here in the last three months, guys shooting themselves. Cops go out when called, they got their guns out when they approach a house and they have two or three cars usually to start with. No court order needed to respond to a possible threat called in even on someone's property.

You never take out a gun when the cops come around, I don't know what these people are thinking nowadays.
edit on 28-2-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

But guns... how dare he. But then again, some still defend him at every turn and (of course) distort the reality into some sort of 4D chess move.

Let's play twister.

edit on 2/28/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

I think the police should be able to make a little house call, complete with search warrant. If there's an arsenal there for material evidence, combined with his statements on social media, they should be able to take him to the nearest nut-house. Even against his will. I would totally be in favor of that.

Leave your freedoms at the door and up to the judgement of authority and courts...which are never wrong...ever.

Wow. Think what you think, I don't much care, really. But I hope at some point you'll give some thought to reading comprehension.

In other words, you've no argument.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What a bunch of Band Wagon Trump voters. Goodbye. You will be replaced if you leave for reacting before anything is even passed.

He wants to know how far they will go. He did the same thing with DACA and nothing has happened. Everyone was up in arms about that. He pushed them. They balked.

When he writes an EO restricting gun purchases we can talk...

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

In other words, you've no argument.

Um, I have my own words, I have the BEST words, so no need to give me yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join