It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says, 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

bope youre right

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

hope youre right

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here's the people he'll be taking the guns from. LOL!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Are you saying these people should of been allowed guns?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
When will some Democrat law maker make claims that Trump also said something Racist while the cameras weren't on?

That is the next step in this process right? The president comes down on an issue from a compromise perspective and than the Far Right and Far Left do everything in their power to scuttle progress and keep the failing status quo?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Donald Chump needs to quit watching the MSM all day. They're playing him like a fiddle (like everyone else obsessed with this one school shooting that is statistically irrelevant).

edit on 1-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I voted for Pro-Business / Anti-Abortion Trump.

I voted MAGA but apparently the president didnt specify that includes grabbing our guns.

I voted for the disruptive, hypocrisy pointing and animal farm exposing Trump, WHILE not messing with anything that would even border on loss of rights for American citizens.

Three different members see three different visions of the same guy and are now upset that there is a 4th virsion of that same guy.

Maybe trump really did just play the republicans in order to get elected like some people have been warning us?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I am surprised by some of the comments. Defenders of the 2nd have been making it clear how the 2nd has been trampled over from all the present regulations pertaining to guns, yet most were calling for even more regulations. Defenders of the 2nd have been posting how any infringement on their rights, as written, would lead to the possibility of other infringements. They were scoffed at with threads saying banning this type of weapon is not "taking your guns." The defenders of the 2nd stood their ground and continued to warn, any infringement sets a bad precedent, even while being mocked and ridiculed at their "fear."

Now, I see most of those same individuals who saw no problem making changes to the 2nd to fit what they felt "was meant" and how defenders of the 2nd would still be allowed to have "some guns", just not "certain guns" having a problem with Trump's unconstitutional remarks. Why are those individuals having a problem with this now?

Is it because his recent comments may now actually impact you?

Please take note that I did not use any labels in this post. I have not placed blame or responsibility on "left vs. right." I clearly used terms of defenders of the 2nd and those who wished to make more changes to the 2nd. I would appreciate any direct replies to this post, the same terms be used, because this clearly is no longer a "left v. right" issue or any other political position issue. If this goes through this impacts everyone reardless of your political position.

So, to those who had no problem making changes to the 2nd, why do you NOW have a problem with his comments and "possible" changes? You were warned!

Again, respectfully, refrain from labels of any kind in replies. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I will reserve judgement until I see what the bill is.

If we are talking background checks fine. If we are talking about warrantless seizure of property or any type of "bans" then I fear he will lose massive support.

I have always been fearful of his "Progressive Tendencies" coming back to haunt us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Backgrounds checks for mental illness would require someone else other than your doctor being able to read your medical history. Then if someone desires to keep their weapons or purchase a weapon in the future, they will know better than to go to the medical profession to get their mental health checked. Then that period of depression you had in your college days, could be used to disqualify you decades later. Or left-wingers will try and get every NRA supporter declared metally ill. Beware the law of unintended consequences.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I will reserve judgement until I see what the bill is.

If we are talking background checks fine. If we are talking about warrantless seizure of property or any type of "bans" then I fear he will lose massive support.

I have always been fearful of his "Progressive Tendencies" coming back to haunt us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think what he is referring to is similar to the red flag laws a couple states already have. Look them up.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I do not support this at all.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher
Well this may be one of the dumbest post I have ever read. Did you just put
Demorcrat before every incident? If that is the life you live then I feel for you. If not then dude why spread this BS?

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

It's different for an 18 year old that joins the military and is trained for months vs an 18 year old that has no discipline in their lives.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

I liked the idea of raising the age requirement. I like the idea of stricter background checks. I just don't like removing due process until AFTER property is confiscated. Now, I don't mind the idea of streamlining the process so that it could happen faster - but not just removing it altogether.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

It's different for an 18 year old that joins the military and is trained for months vs an 18 year old that has no discipline in their lives.

I've never like the idea of sending teenagers to war. Personally, I would prefer they not go until age 25, but I'd settle for 21.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: JustaBill

I just don't like removing due process until AFTER property is confiscated. Now, I don't mind the idea of streamlining the process so that it could happen faster - but not just removing it altogether.

I honestly don't see how anyone could disagree with you here. What other rights are they comfortable losing without due process?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Not surprised. ....I'm not a Trump supporter.....He's done some things that I liked.. .but he's always been to wishy washy for me.......I warned his supporters about it... ...they need to hold him accountable on this and blow back on it

The one thing I can say is usually if he meets hard and fierce opposition from his base. .he usually redirects. .........I hope this is the case

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Not surprised. ....I'm not a Trump supporter.....He's done some things that I liked.. .but he's always been to wishy washy for me.......I warned his supporters about it... ...they need to hold him accountable on this and blow back on it

The one thing I can say is usually if he meets hard and fierce opposition from his base. .he usually redirects. .........I hope this is the case

I've seen plenty of blowback on it already. Hopefully it's enough to catch his attention. Removing due process is always a bad idea, whether it's with guns or anything else. I doubt such a law would survive the SCOTUS anyway, but I don't even want to go there.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yea this is the same tactic he used with the mexican immigrants.

I will sign anything and hey diann would you like too poo on the bill for us again.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join