It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick moving lights appeared over Milwaukee - Feb27

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Something has been done to that video to GREATLY enhance the brightness of the city. I've stayed in downtown Milwaukee hotels, on the upper floors. Looking southwest is nowhere near as bright as you see in that video.

I think that video enhancement is either causing some kind of imaging anomaly, or flying birds are able to be seen, which normally would not be seen, without the video lux sensitivity being set so high.

At 4:45am is about the time birds become active. Also, at 39-degrees it was relatively warm for a late February Milwaukee night.

It's a freaking Livestream pulled directly from the TV news....wtf are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Interesting, though apparently, the news anchors still have not explained what those lights were?

Also found a supposed video taking by another from the ground. Certainly doesn't seem to capture the racy lights that the live video...but does show the lights splitting and multiplying. Interesting as well.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Army Golden Knights skydiving team.

milwaukeerecord.com...

If the time stamp of 4:43 is anything to go by, then why would the GKs be doing it at that time in the morning?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

originally posted by: Lurker1
Bugs? It's f'ing February, Einstein.

We have bugs here. Being February doesn't slow down some species.

However... them's some mighty BIG bugs.

I live here. There are no bugs outside in February.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown
If the time stamp of 4:43 is anything to go by, then why would the GKs be doing it at that time in the morning?

"They do more before 5:00 am than most people do all day."

I don't know. Practice? Less air traffic?

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

"They do more before 5:00 am than most people do all day."

I don't know. Practice? Less air traffic?

Good point. Could be the case.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Someone call Batman ?..... Looksike bats to me

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Anyone want to take a guess as to the albedo of your average seagull?

Because its apparently similar to that of polished aluminum...

Polished aluminum has an albedo around .7

Surprisingly, i couldnt find too much info on bird feather albedo or reflectivity.

Human skin has an albedo of about .25, but thats not exactly feathers.

Taking into account that seagull feathers are generally grey and white, the white increases the albedo, although im having a hard time believing that seagull feathers are reflective enough to produce Iridium flare-esque patterns from simple ground lights, even if they are spotlights.

Polished aluminum reflecting sunlight at a specific mirror angle vs tons of "seagull" feathers being illuminated haphazardly by ground lights.

Doesn't seem like a plausible explanation for what we arr seeing in the video.

edit on 2-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
From the link, someone said they reported that video a year before.. so it was not the same sighting. And they do look like birds, you can see flapping activity going on. Just something going on with the camera.. slow tracking or whatever, causing the streams of light.

posted on Mar, 3 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Weird that they never noticed this before it became a hype ?

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo
Seagulls. See video of the flock at following link. Second video.

FOX6 LINK
It sure looks like birds to me but it's funny to read all the reasons people give why they think it can't be birds.

More "I can't believe it's birds" in the duplicate thread which was closed:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm surprised that this sighting didn't get more attention. Maybe that's because it's easy for people to dismiss the sighting as seagulls lol.

There are many videos doing a reaction or analysis of the sighting. The confusing thing is that different sightings in the same city, keep getting grouped with this recent sighting, in YT videos.

Anyway here is one quick 3-and-a-half-minute video reacting to, and discussing the sighting. The vid wraps up with a nice ENLARGEMENT of the lights.

Several important points are mentioned:

-- The news' anchors reaction of surprise and confusion, which indicates that it's not a common sight.

-- The fact that birds don't actually glow and streak across the night sky lol. I live in a city, with seagulls, and they never look like that lol.

-- The streaking CAN'T BE BLAMED ON CAMERA SETTINGS, because if that was the case, then ALL THE CARS would show the same streaking. And since the cars are NOT streaking, then we can't blame the camera settings.

Maybe there is just not much to discuss about this sighting? It's an amazing sighting anyway, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join