It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fruition of World War Three is at hand.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It seems, finally, that everyone's worst nightmares are becoming a reality. The occupation and assassiations of the Lebanese by the Syrians, and the nuclear threats of the Iranians and North Korean's are turning the world political stage into a seething mass of fear and panic. Unlike Iraq, these threats are very imminent, and very real.

So, what does the world do? Do we turn our eyes away from dictatorships that seek weapons for the sole purpose of destroying hundreds of thousands of lives? As an act of "compassion", do we let these threats, however idle or not they may be, slip by our collective ear? The Axis of Evil that was predicted is becoming a tangible humuculus, and whatever action is taken, must be unmerciful, and swift.

Where do you stand?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
And your proposal would be to do what?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder

Where do you stand?

i stand at a non-enviable plot of ground, along the eastern Atlantic coast,

willing & able to assist our small but growing extended family with all the
resources i have- - togetherwith my skills of resourcefullness to survive and thrive through this stressful period...
Then...neighborhood, community, region, state, country are my order of priority

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Where do you stand?

Right in the middle.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for answering a question with a question.

As to my proposal, it certainly doesn't involve any unilateralism. Don't you find it odd that the european union, as well as russia, haven't placed sanctions on Syria? People are so intent on harming America, whether it's physically or economically, they make a clear-cut situation into a quagmire of ridiculous politics.

If their policy is peace, than I say let peace reign. This, however is not the case.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The Axis of Evil that was predicted is becoming a tangible humuculus, and whatever action is taken, must be unmerciful, and swift.

Well, that should be ringing alarm bells for you right there. It was predicted...and it happened. Now, isn't that all nice and neat.

Asking where one stands, you first have to ask who you are truly standing against? If the puppet is mouthing off at you, do you punch the puppet or the puppeteer?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

If their policy is peace, than I say let peace reign. This, however is not the case.

Everyones policy is peace, all we need is better leadership, those in power have a lot to gain by keeping this war/terror strategy, however they are doing it by cutting their heads off. imho

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

If the puppet is mouthing off at you, do you punch the puppet or the puppeteer?

Just wanted to let you know:

You have voted wecomeinpeace for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month

Denying ignorance should always be rewarded

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wecomeinpeace, the threats of nuclear war don't come from a puppet. Where do i stand? Anyone that threatens my life, the lives of my countrymen, and the lives of innocents anywhere. Iran and North Korea are threatening this country with nuclear weaponry. Where's the part that I'm missing? You think we should recoil in fear?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   

...and assassiations of the Lebanese by the Syrians...

Um, I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that bandwagon. Is it possible that this guy was asassinated by groups wanting to sway public support for going to war with Syria??? I'm not saying who, I'm just asking if it might be a possibility.

The nerve of me to come on a conspiracy website and put forth such utter nonsense!!!

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just because they seem to be leading, doesnt necassarally mean they are making the decesions. I was getting pulled into all this political backwash untill my eyes were opened to what is really happenning. I still get agravated sometimes, but you have to take a step back and look at history as a whole to get the big picture. Dont think for a second that our leaders are leading us. Someone is pulling thier stings. Remember, even your boss has a boss.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

...and assassiations of the Lebanese by the Syrians...

Um, I wouldn't be so quick to jump on that bandwagon. Is it possible that this guy was asassinated by groups wanting to sway public support for going to war with Syria??? I'm not saying who, I'm just asking if it might be a possibility.

The nerve of me to come on a conspiracy website and put forth such utter nonsense!!!

Peace

It is nonsense, actually. Do you think this is the first high profile figure that's been assassinated by the syrians in lebanon? Sheesh, use google, dude.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Then...neighborhood, community, region, state, country are my order of priority

I like your priorities in that order. We should take care of each other and ourselves.
How many times has our terror alerts been raised or OH GOSH we have word of more threats to the US. It propigates (sp) fear. If someone is fearful they more than likely will be more compliant.
We have people upstairs making decisions for me, you and everyone else and I think that they aren't in the best interests in individuals.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It is nonsense, actually. Do you think this is the first high profile figure that's been assassinated by the syrians in lebanon? Sheesh, use google, dude.

OK. No. Oh c'mon, that Google slam was hitting way below the belt!!

[edit on 16-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

i agree with you on this one, doctor!

somebody is trying really hard to get these two countries to a state of war.
i dont belive that syria had "alot to gain" with this assassination,
so why do it then?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Has Syria come out and claimed responsibility for the bombing? If they have, I have not heard that. The last I heard, Thier government denied all involvment. I dont see what there would be for them to gain in the assanation. That whole thing just smells of manipulation.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
i agree with you on this one, doctor!

somebody is trying really hard to get these two countries to a state of war.
i dont belive that syria had "alot to gain" with this assassination,
so why do it then?

The problem seems to be that not enough people ask these questions.

Peace

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Google? Wassat? Huh?

Seriously though, GG. What some folks here are saying is that there may very well be a bigger picture to see here. History has shown time and time again that unscrupulous persons in positions of power will sway public opinion in favour of war through clandestine means.

If we all started pushing red buttons at the first threat to our safety, the world would have ended a long time ago. Is that what you want? Nuclear war? I for one don't. I understand your sentiments and we've all felt the same way before; anger at injustice and threats is natural. But how much more angry would you be if you discovered events were being deliberately orchestrated to MAKE you feel that way for the gain of others. Just something to think about.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Trust me, i understand the trappings of government conspiracy. This, to me, just doesn't seem like one. These problems originated long before W came along, and they won't dissapear after he's gone. These two nation's feel extremely threatened, and are talking alot of smack, most of which, unfortunately, it would seem, they're going to have to back up.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

These problems originated long before W came along, and they won't dissapear after he's gone.

That is exactly it! The problems existed before Bush, and will continue after. The reason for this is Bush is not making the descisions. I have come to the conclusion that Violence is a tool that is being used in many forms through out history. It always happens in a major turning point with much upheavle around the world. There are people higher than you think that are keeping us in check. The use of violence as a weapon of fear is the only means they have to keep control. Fear begats compacency.

These two nation's feel extremely threatened, and are talking alot of smack, most of which, unfortunately, it would seem, they're going to have to back up.

They are being manipulated into position. Give it a week and see what happens.

[edit on 2/16/05 by Kidfinger]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join