It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity concede CNN 'scripting' story was bogus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: MotherMayEye

- At some point, the Haabs provide CNN with a word doc containing the emails they exchanged with CNN — except Glenn Haab allegedly deletes the words “that he submitted,” and despite the fact that CNN already has their own copies of the emails they exchanged and would surely notice that the words were omitted.

I don't believe this is correct. Here's the heading for the embedded altered email:

An allegedly doctored email sent to producers at Fox News that was then sent to CNN:

Link please.

I provided many, the least you could do is provide one.

ETA: Also, you wrote..."It looks as though Glenn Haab sent his "version" to Fox News who then reached out to CNN with the altered copy for comparison. CNN in turn provided both to Business Insider."

"It looks as though?"

Tell me why "it looks as though" and why it "is"...sources and quotes, please and thanks.

I KNOW what it "looks" like...but what it actually IS is NOT what it "looks" to you .

ETA2: You wrote:

Then a producer for Tucker Carlson reached out to the Haab, at which point Glenn Haab sent the altered email, from which he'd removed the words "that he submitted" because it was contrary to the narrative that he'd launched, probably not intending for it to blow up quite like it did.

Source this, as well.

Lots of claims, AD....NO sources, links, quotes....no nothing. Just what 'it looks like' to you.

edit on 2/28/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I logged on specifically to post this, but you beat me to it. Good stuff though. Bout time Fox News has to admit to lying and sensationalizing a story.

Fox analysts have never had a problem admitting that they were wrong. The problem here is that the left have been spoon fed lies by the MSM that Fox does nothing but lie all the time which is a lie in and of itself.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Excerpted heading was from the Business Insider article you linked in your post.

Also from the same:

On Friday afternoon, Fox News and the HuffPost reached out to CNN to verify emails between the Haabs and Stevenson that they received from Colton.

A CNN source provided Colton’s version of the emails, as well as their versions of all of the communications between the Haabs and CNN, to Business Insider.

Add to that the headings above the embedded documents at the bottom:

A Word document with allegedly doctored email exchanges provided to HuffPost that was then sent to CNN:

An allegedly doctored email sent to producers at Fox News that was then sent to CNN:

What's that all add up to? Fox News and HuffPost both reached out to CNN for verification, sending CNN the emails they'd received (which had been altered). CNN provided to BI the Fox and HuffPost sourced versions along with their copies of the emails.

I think you saw that CNN had provided everything to BI and missed the part about how both Fox and HuffPost had reached out to CNN, not the other way around which is how you arrived at conclusions that didn't make any sense by your own admission.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Thirty6BelowZero

Fox News IS part of the MSN. MSN doesn't mean mainstream liberal media. Fox is a republican bias network that pushes agendas and often lies. Much like you may see on the liberal MSNBC. Fox and other MSN work the same way. They focus only on their chosen stories, hand-selected facts, and opinioned key-hole perspectives. They usually don't lie because they don't have to. They control their viewers world view through intended minipulation towards their devious agendas.

It's been annoying trend on ATS to see members pretend that Fox News isn't part of MSN.

edit on 28-2-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

"On Friday afternoon, Fox News and the HuffPost reached out to CNN to verify emails between the Haabs and Stevenson that they received from Colton.

A CNN source provided Colton’s version of the emails, as well as their versions of all of the communications between the Haabs and CNN, to Business Insider."

That confirms CNN provided BOTH versions of the email, in question.

"A Word document with allegedly doctored email exchanges provided to HuffPost that was then sent to CNN"

"An allegedly doctored email sent to producers at Fox News that was then sent to CNN:"

What's that all add up to?

What does it all "add up to?"

Did I send it to them? DId you? I don't see any named source. I sure don't see Glenn Haab -- or any Haab-- named as a source.

Maybe Michelle Obama was the source? Or Charro? Or CNN? Imma go with CNN because they are the ONLY source directly cited by anyone publishing the emails.

I think you saw that CNN had provided everything to BI and missed the part about how both Fox and HuffPost had reached out to CNN, not the other way around which is how you arrived at conclusions that didn't make any sense by your own admission.

Still no link, AD. You "saw" what you have been tricked into seeing. You still haven't found any source that claims the Haabs provided them emails exchanged with CNN and "here is what the Haabs directly provided."

FOX News and HuffPo can "reach out" all they want, but unless you can post a link where ANYONE has published the purported Haab version of the email AND also claims Glenn Haab provided them with it, then the ONLY source I see anyone has cited directly....is CNN.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Thanks for bring clarification to a known hardcore leftist an its twisted threads.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Maybe Michelle Obama was the source? Or Charro? Or CNN? Imma go with CNN because they are the ONLY source directly cited by anyone publishing the emails

Where's your link? Where's your link? So you're "going with" that then are you? Lmao.

Still no link, AD.

What are you talking about? Not only did I link it, but I've made it abundantly clear that I excerpted the BI article that you originally cited.

You "saw" what you have been tricked into seeing.

Wow, that's an awfully bold pronouncement. You've tricked yourself into believing something that doesn't make sense because you're determined that there's some angle to be found that makes this about somebody other than Glenn Haab.

You still haven't found any source that claims the Haabs provided them emails exchanged with CNN and "here is what the Haabs directly provided."

FOX News and HuffPo can "reach out" all they want, but unless you can post a link where ANYONE has published the purported Haab version of the email AND also claims Glenn Haab provided them with it, then the ONLY source I see anyone has cited directly....is CNN.

And you know from reading the headings for the embedded documents that CNN didn't provide the documents to Fox News or HuffPost. It's OBVIOUS. Let's break em down real quick before I go find links to articles to put this to bed. Again, before you say "no links" for the 10th time, these are from this Business Insider article:

Sent to Fox News THEN sent to CNN. If it was sent to Fox News before it was sent to CNN then CNN didn't send it to Fox News, did they? So why in the world would you still be saying that you were "going with" that?

How about HuffPost?

A Word document with allegedly doctored email exchanges provided to HuffPost that was then sent to CNN:

Provided to HuffPost and THEN sent to CNN. Again, if these were provided to HuffPost and THEN sent to CNN, HuffPost got them first and therefore CNN didn't send them to HuffPost.

Based on that alone, you should have already conceded that CNN wasn't the source. But since you can't bring yourself to acknowledge the obvious, I'll go ahead and find some sources.

HuffPost - Father Of Florida Shooting Survivor Admits He Altered Email From CNN

Glenn Haab, the father of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Colton Haab, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he left out some words when forwarding an email that he and his son received from CNN producer Carrie Stevenson. Haab sent an altered version of the email to HuffPost and Fox News last week in an attempt to corroborate his son’s claim.

HuffPost saying that Glenn Haab sent them to HuffPost. Proof enough for you? Here's some more just for the hell of it.

AP - Shooting survivor’s father admits email changes in CNN spat

The father of a Florida shooting survivor has acknowledged he omitted words in an email he sent media outlets accusing CNN of using scripted remarks at a town hall on guns and school safety.

CNN countered with a release of email exchanges between producer Carrie Stevenson, Colton Haab and his father Glenn and accused Glenn Haab of deliberately altering email sent to Fox News and the Huffington Post.

Newsweek - Fox News' Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson Admit CNN Was Falsely Accused of Scripting Parkland Town Hall

Emails released by CNN showed a producer telling Haab that he would have to stick to the question he submitted about arming teachers, rather than deliver a lengthy speech. The emails released by Haab omitted the fact that the question was submitted by Haab, which Glenn Haab said was a mistake and not malicious.

WaPo - Report: Father of Parkland survivor admits to altering email in correspondence with CNN

There the matter seemed to rest, until CNN received inquiries from HuffPost and Fox News bearing copies of alleged email correspondence between the Haab family and the CNN producer. The two outlets, per due diligence, were seeking to authenticate the messages they’d received from a source.

Inauthentic, thundered CNN. Upon espying what it called a “doctored” email, the network released its back-and-forth with Colton and Glenn Haab and highlighted an important change in the versions forwarded by HuffPost and Fox News: Several words were missing from one of the emails of the CNN producer — and the omission gave breathing room to the notion that CNN was engaged in nefarious “scripting.

There you go. Now you might want to apologize to Arnie for getting his hopes up.
edit on 2018-3-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Thanks for bring clarification to a known hardcore leftist an its twisted threads.

At least she argues her own points, even when she's wrong. You can't even put in the effort to be wrong. Bon Appétit clown!

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It is truly sad to see conservatives on here support FOX like its not a part of the mainstream manipulation machine.

Divide and conquer is how they work... MSNBC on the left, CNN in the middle and FOX on the right.

They all work their fear mongering magic and so many of us jump to their tune.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Cnn are liars, we were all here for the election. They overplayed their hand.

Why are you on here backing up liars?

They deserve third phase status here.

Twitter bots are the only one backing these liars.

Do you want the reputation of defending liars?

Are you so into political parties that you would back proven liars?

It's honestly pretty disturbing.

Do you know what a sleight of hand is?

Do you know what the Smith mundt act did?

Lie, rinse, repeat, is a pretty ironic statement SG.

So wait!!.. the father outted himself and you're like , FAKE NEWz ..because??.

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ok, I'll concede that at least HuffPo and FOX News are now directly saying Glenn Haab provided them an email(s)....

However, FOX News says it like this:

EDITOR’S NOTE: After student Colton Haab said a CNN producer insisted he use a question that the network scripted for him, the student’s father, Glenn, forwarded an email to media outlets including Fox News, claiming it served as proof. On Tuesday, Feb. 27, Glenn Haab acknowledged he omitted words in that email, but added, “There was nothing malicious behind it.”
Link

So did he forward the email OR was it in a Word doc? The original story was that the email was in a Word doc and the metadata showed Glenn Haab was the last to modify the Word doc.

According to the metadata of the Word document containing the email that was provided to Fox, it appears that Glenn last edited it.

Link

That original Word doc/metadata story doesn't mesh with what FOX reported about Glenn Haab forwarding emails to them and it doesn't mesh with the scribd doc. Here is a snapshot of the scribd document showing emails forwarded to CNN from Tucker Carlson:

Link

'Dana' with Tucker Carlson's show FORWARDED emails to CNN, not a Word doc containing the emails.

And what the heck is this '//////:'

Is that where Glenn Haab 'omitted words?'

How come the AP doesn't directly quote Glenn Haab or give any indication on what words Glenn Haab acknowledges omitting?

ALSO, I cannot find where either the HuffPo or FOX News has ever published what they allegedly received from Glenn Haab, themselves. Can you? The Scribd document appears to have come from CNN.

In fact, I can only find images of what CNN provided to other news outlets, period....images of emails that were marked over to redact info...

I would still like to something from FOX News and HuffPo that says "Here's what Glenn Haab provided us:" and a download link to this alleged Word doc before I can conclude anyone except CNN has shown the public the allegedly doctored email.

I appreciate you hunting down more quotes and sources, but I still find the sources lacking and often circular (sourced to another secondhand source who is sourcing another secondhand source...).

edit on 3/1/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here's just the unadulterated truth. If you watch Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS,NBC, et cetera, and take it as unbiased "truth," you're a fool. They're nothing more than news analysis propaganda.... It has been this way for quite some time. The 24-hour news networks solidified it.

All any of them do is vie for Nielsen ratings. They're not much better than a comedy sitcom.
edit on 1-3-2018 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I have seen Sean Hannity embarrassed quite a few times lately.....

Hasn't been a good few months for him.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
CNN tried to fool kids and Fox?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So now that it's confirmed Debbie Wasserman Schultz was in contact and coordinating/funding the students from the day after the shooting occurred... and it's confirmed they hand picked students from the theater/drama clubs to travel around and give their speeches....

Any different opinions on this thread?

Not to mention the already known fact the kid they've been parroting around is the son of an anti-trump FBI agent.

It appears some of you were in fact actually born yesterday.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So now that it's confirmed Debbie Wasserman Schultz was in contact and coordinating/funding the students from the day after the shooting occurred...

What does this have to do with Glenn Haab sending an edited version of the CNN email and lying about it?

edit on 2-3-2018 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join