It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity concede CNN 'scripting' story was bogus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I have seen Sean Hannety embarrassed quite a few times lately.....The funny one, was when he found out live on the air, trump ordered Muller Fired....

LOL....

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

how many stories has CNN redacted or seceded... or apologized for... CNN doesn't even pretend they didn't lie, they just don't give a phlegm of snot when they lie.
their base are as hardcore as the fix news heads
edit on 28-2-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And? What's your point? Having a plan of what to say or actual words to say ahead of time is a good thing. Do you like your news as meandering as possible where you can't understand the point of what they are saying because everything is off the cuff or something?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Go utube fakenews CNN and u get a lot of scripting. They have zero credibility and are shameful.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: crtrvt

how many stories has CNN redacted or seceded... or apologized for... CNN doesn't even pretend they didn't lie, they just don't give a phlegm of snot when they lie.
their base are as hardcore as the fix news heads

It's interesting how you consider CNN admitting to a mistake and misinforming the public by printing a retraction or apology is somehow proof of their intent to lie and deceive people. Like, in order for them to be trustworthy, is CNN NEVER allowed to make a mistake EVER?
edit on 28-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

Go utube fakenews CNN and u get a lot of scripting. They have zero credibility and are shameful.

I know it's hard to believe, but CNN actually has a TON of credibility. Maybe not in your eyes, but the reality is they are one of the most credible news sources out there.

If aliens land tomorrow, who do you think is getting the 1st interview? CNN or RedState, Infowars, Brietbart, etc...??

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

the point is, in this case, the father deliberately edited the email and fooled fox news who didn't hesitate to pounce against a rival news box.

cnn often print news based on mysterious sources. fox news got duped by someone pushing their agenda, there was no way of knowing that email was edited until CNN published the original correspondence

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Tit-for-tat. Mistakes are mistakes. If you own up to it that means you aren't seeking to misinform. if you are trying to qualify one type of mistake over another then you are in the wrong and wearing your bias on your sleeve.

As I said on page 1, I'm happy that Fox News is displaying accountability here. I am a notorious Fox News hater, but I don't let my biases stand in the way of calling out a good thing when I see it. That's how you improve the situation of the day. Not by making up excuses on why a network admitting to their mistakes is proof of them trying to deceive you.
edit on 28-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
FOX is the lesser of two liars.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Nah! CNN is stupid as sh*t in my book....

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't have any proof CNN scripted this, or fed questions to kids. But when the kid tried to back Rubio into a corner, asking if he would publicly state that he would not take anymore campaign contributions from the NRA, it make me think that somebody was pushing an agenda and using the kids to do it.

www.cnn.com... -hall-gun-debate/

A high school kid, who just went through a horrific experience, is concerned about Rubio's campaign finance?

To me, that just looked a bit too convenient.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Tit-for-tat. Mistakes are mistakes. If you own up to it that means you aren't seeking to misinform. if you are trying to qualify one type of mistake over another then you are in the wrong and wearing your bias on your sleeve.

um.....isn't that what FOX news did? Admitting to making a mistake?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeesh!

I completely agree with your take on that.

Honestly, I think anyone that believes CNN did not thoroughly script and direct the town hall -- with its obvious agenda -- is probably also someone who believes Keeping Up With The Kardashians is unscripted reality TV.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I don't have any proof CNN scripted this, or fed questions to kids. But when the kid tried to back Rubio into a corner, asking if he would publicly state that he would not take anymore campaign contributions from the NRA, it make me think that somebody was pushing an agenda and using the kids to do it.

www.cnn.com... -hall-gun-debate/

A high school kid, who just went through a horrific experience, is concerned about Rubio's campaign finance?

To me, that just looked a bit too convenient.

Plenty of people are interested in politics in high school, when I was, campaign financing was one of my concerns, and in a world increasingly corporatized its unsurprising.

You could still be right, I’ve just never liked the idea that something seems “too convenient”; despite what some conspiracy theorists would have you believe, the world does suffer the occasional coincidence.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

- At some point, the Haabs provide CNN with a word doc containing the emails they exchanged with CNN — except Glenn Haab allegedly deletes the words “that he submitted,” and despite the fact that CNN already has their own copies of the emails they exchanged and would surely notice that the words were omitted.

I don't believe this is correct. Here's the heading for the embedded altered email:

An allegedly doctored email sent to producers at Fox News that was then sent to CNN:

It looks as though Glenn Haab sent his "version" to Fox News who then reached out to CNN with the altered copy for comparison. CNN in turn provided both to Business Insider.

Having read all this the other night, the impression I was left with is that Colton Haab was contacted by a CNN producer and asked to attend the event and to submit some questions, which he did. Then his father got involved and sent back a speech. The CNN producer fired back that it was too much and that Colton should stick to the question *he submitted*.

Glenn Haab got ticked off and said they're weren't actors, etc. Then there was a local news interview where Colton Haab echoes what his father said. It of course goes immediately viral in the right-wing echo chamber with the accusation that people at the event were reading scripted questions. That plays well with the unhinged crisis actors narrative that is popular because the Right has been forcibly dragged to the fringe.

Then a producer for Tucker Carlson reached out to the Haab, at which point Glenn Haab sent the altered email, from which he'd removed the words "that he submitted" because it was contrary to the narrative that he'd launched, probably not intending for it to blow up quite like it did.

There's only one bad actor in this story as far as I can tell and that's Glenn Haab.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

That's unexpected. No script and journalistic integrity from the Fox?
Sure. Rupert M. wants us to know the truth! That or he saw a flood of lawsuits coming.

Wonder if members on here will man up and do the same?

That's a good one!

*crickets*

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Too easy...

edit on 2/28/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think something that people are missing here is that MSD is a large high school and that several of the more vocal students who have been getting media time are in the AP US Government and Politics course.

The Teacher Who Taught His Students to Challenge the NRA on the Day They Lost 17 of Their Own

Just before Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior Emma González launched into her now-iconic 11-minute gun control speech, she warned the crowd that it was going to be a long one.

“I know this looks like a lot, but these are my AP Gov notes,” González said as she raised a stack of handwritten pages in the air in front of thousands of people gathered at a vigil. It had been three days since a former student killed 17 people at her Parkland, FL, high school.

After she delivered her speech, González was so confident in front of news cameras that conspiracy theorists quickly accused her of being a crisis actor. Critics questioned how a high school senior could have such tight talking points. Rumors spread on YouTube and Twitter that the Stoneman Douglas students like her who were making repeat appearances on cable news networks were actually 30-year-old pawns of gun-control advocates. Others, like, CNN anchor Dana Bash, praised the students for their “amazing ability to have presence of mind and to be able to speak truth to power in a way that a lot of adults can’t do.”

But it turns out the Stoneman Douglas students being scrutinized are just teens with really good teachers at a school with resources. They are a testament to what public schools can produce if students have support at home and in well-funded schools.

Many of the high-profile Stoneman Douglas seniors are in the same AP United States Government and Politics program this year, helmed by Jeff Foster, who helped create the AP government curriculum for the entire Broward County Public Schools system.

These are probably the most politically engaged students from a school of 3,000. Next year's polisci majors (and probably at decent schools). And at the risk of encouraging more CT about a false flag:

On the day of the shooting, Foster taught the AP Gov students about special interest groups, like the NAACP, American Medical Association, and the National Rifle Association. His lesson plan that day included a discussion about the Columbine and Sandy Hook school shootings, with emphasis on how every politician comes out afterward a tragedy to say the right thing about changing gun regulation. The students learned how the NRA goes to work as soon news reporters and the public move on to the next story.

“That’s not the NRA’s fault, that’s our fault,” Foster says. “We lose attention and that’s why interest groups run the country. If it’s not the NRA then it’s another group.”

And then apparently the Hogg kid went specifically to the school because he's got an interest in broadcast journalism and they've got a good program at the school.
edit on 2018-2-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Maybe they produce less sh!t and mainly follow the lame waters of MSM copypasta?

CNN story retracted and 3 journalists fired

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Cnn are liars, we were all here for the election. They overplayed their hand.

Why are you on here backing up liars?

They deserve third phase status here.

CNN are liars?? on the contrary it's obviously Fox who were 'economical' with the truth, they would have known rightly what they were dealing with right from the get go, yet they pursued the false narrative anyway...and don't forget either that it was a responsible move on CNN's part to have the debate...with 'real people' en masse, I don't see any other TV group doing the same. You should be lucky that there are some responsible people who are looking after ordinary peoples interests, unlike your bloody government who can't get anything done.

As for talking about CNN or any other setup, until SO or Springer say we can't talk about it, we will...if you don't like it, then go and jump in the lake...this forum is not for whackos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join