It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity concede CNN 'scripting' story was bogus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why was CNN emailing those kids?

NEONE?

Grass roots eh.

Spontaneous eh?

Directed outrage directed at Rubio,and the NRA?

Effing scripted.

Everyone knows it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Wonder if members on herewill man up and do the same?

Ha! That's a good one. Right wingers will never admit to anything that isn't what they want to believe. Party before well, everything. Every time.

The Trumpers Prayer:

That didn't happen.

And if it did, it wasn't that bad.

And if it was, that's not a big deal.

And if it is, that's not my fault.

And if it was, I didn't mean it.

And if I did...

You deserved it.

(Stolen from the narcissists prayer, but it's funny how it so perfectly describes Trumpthink.)

link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah the sm act doesn't apply, neither did the truth in media, or allowing the media to be bought and condensed by Clinton.

All this BS is DIRECT result of those actions.

And, yes, why should I read past anyting after CNN?

Maybe they turned honest this time?

Psh

here's a thought....be smart enough to do your own research on the different sides trying to convince you of their own beliefs. have rational talks with people that not only parrot what you believe, but, with people that have different opinions....be cognizant of the possible "good or bad" consequences that might result from actions taken....and always, always find out who makes money and who loses money from those actions

link   
I love it to death, but this is a weird place sometimes..

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: KansasGirl

Prove it.

Jesus. That's all you have for a response? Prove it? It's not a proveable or disproveable argument really. What's your problem with my assertion? It's a comment on society and culture more than anything. You want to argue about what, exactly?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You made a claim like it is a fact, then that must mean you can prove it. With evidence. Otherwise there is no point in believing it. Occam's Razor and all. Just because news organizations are private entities doesn't mean they are inherently corrupt. That is a rather LARGE leap in logic.

Also, I won't apologize for not blindly believing what some random poster on an internet forum tells me. Deny ignorance.
edit on 28-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Prove they are not corrupt.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Doesn't work that way. You don't prove a negative. The default position is that they aren't corrupt and you prove corruption. Since being corrupt is a claim. Nice attempt at trying to pass the burden of proof off, but I'm smarter than that.
edit on 28-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Why was CNN emailing those kids?

Why did CNN provide the debate questions in advance to Hillary through Donna Brazile?

Because they can, and they have legal teams to sort it all out afterward, if exposed.

At CNN controlling and shaping public opinion to fit their overlords agendas is their top priority. Being a news organization is simply a facade.

imo

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Twitter bots are the only one backing these liars.

UGH. IF ONLY THAT WERE TRUE. 😡

Out in real-life land, there are many people who still watch and believe CNN and all of the other propaganda TV news and print news.

Here on conspiracy theory website land, it can seem like the jig is up and that bots are the only ones supporting CNN, but unfortunately most of the public is not here in conspiracy theory website land. I pray they get here soon, though it's pretty hard to keep up any hope for that.

That should honestly be the last thing you want.

While alternative sites definitely have a place at the table, they’re not even one-tenth as reputable as CNN, FOX, etc...

Part of the degradation and erosion of our news is the fact that these alternative sites are gaining larger and larger market shares so the cable news companies are moving with the market.

I know on ATS there’s a big media conspiracy, and that is likely true to a lesser degree, but it’s a lot easier for a site like Infowars to put out bunk news than it is CNN. These big media corporations have moving parts that the smaller online counterparts could only dream of. It’s infinitely easier to mislead when you answer to a handful of people vs 100 people like the cable news shows do.

I hope that the ball tilts the complete opposite way,. That alternative sites are used as a sort of watchdog group to the big corporations, but that everyone who reads and posts on these sites realizes it’s more entertainment based than reality based.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
It’s probably normal to email or contact any guests who will be on the show.

I suspect the question might have been edited or condensed due to time constraints. That’s normal as well.

Was it switched word for word to be something completely different? Who knows. We don’t have the entire email

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's sad people still watch Fox and CNN.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

How about be smart enough to know they are all fos, and a waste of time to put your energy into.

This is supposed to be a cool conspiracy website, not parrot your side of the msm you think is lying less, because you believe in parties.

It's getting stale real fast.

We only live so long, why spend the time arguing with anons on a website about who is the best or worst liar.

For me to argue with you, is to take from my productivity and quality of life.

I stopped hanging with people who don't share the same goals as me in life, the people who want to suck you down to an argument level, and not move forward with life improving ideas.

It's sad because there are a lot of good brains on here being manipulated, when you could be living the high life.

We could be doing something more productive, like alternative energy experiments, or bouncing buisness ideas off each other.

But let's just be msm slave sheep and take emotional stances toward propaganda.

Not me, I got places to go.
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
both are crap networks that do their masters work; divide, divide, divide
edit on 28-2-2018 by Jiggly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Weird dp
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: dp

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So frustrating. Now that Fox news, Jones, Hannity have been using this false narrative for days of stoking the blazing ignorance of his base, they will issue a five second retraction and pretend it never happened.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Bogus eh.

Except for everything single thing that is aired on live television is read from a script.

Either a paper in front of them or teleprompter.

Feel free to ignore that inconvenient truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Let’s run down what happened….

- The Haabs claimed CNN scripted the question that Colton Haab was to ask at the CNN town hall meeting.

- CNN denied it, but the Haabs stick to their story

- At some point, the Haabs provide CNN with a word doc containing the emails they exchanged with CNN — except Glenn Haab allegedly deletes the words “that he submitted,” and despite the fact that CNN already has their own copies of the emails they exchanged and would surely notice that the words were omitted.

- Then, apparently the Haabs give CNN permission to share the altered email ‘in a word doc’ (on their behalf) with other news outlets.

- So, CNN bundles their own version of the email AND the Haabs’ version of the email, then reportedly provides BOTH versions to FOX News and HuffPo….and also to Business Insider, according to the other thread you wrote on this topic:

“A CNN source provided Colton’s version of the emails, as well as their versions of all of the communications between the Haabs and CNN, to Business Insider.”

Link

See the CNN image credit on both *versions*?

And it’s not just the Business Insider — the Washington Post also claims that CNN provided the alleged ‘doctored’ email:

“CNN has disclosed the email that Carlson’s Fox News program had inquired about. It chops off the part about “that he submitted,” as below:”

Link

And Mediaite reported it this way:

Email exchanges between CNN and the Haab family purporting to show that a CNN producer scripted a question for a teenage student at a recent town hall event appear to be doctored, based on documents that Mediaite has reviewed from CNN. At least two outlets, Fox News and Huffington Post, reached out to CNN to inquire about a possible story.

Link

- CNN commences with their damage control...err...."setting the record straight" — having full control of the story, now — because the Haabs “are not available for comment.”

- The damage control stops short of accusing Glenn Haab of criminal wrongdoing.

- NOW, we have an AP story that says:

Glenn Haab told The Associated Press he omitted some words from the email but said he didn't do it on purpose.

"There was nothing malicious behind it," he said.

Link

No direct quote from Glenn Haab other than "There was nothing malicious behind it." No context (what did the AP ask him?), no information on who spoke with him, no clarification on what words he admits to omitting, ...and no suggestion that he admits to any intent to deceive anyone.

Now, I don’t blame anyone for calling Glenn Haab a fraud. If he is comfortable with the *news* painting the picture that he is a fraud…then he deserves it.

But the story, well, it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Why would the Haabs give CNN a word doc with an email that CNN already had on their end, delete some words first, and then give CNN permission to circulate them?

The only logical reason I can think of is that the Haabs got paid to shut up and let CNN do their damage control unimpeded

...as long as Glenn Haab was never directly quoted or implicated in any criminal wrongdoing.

The Haabs suck. CNN sucks.

And if you really think CNN was vindicated from a cruel, untrue accusation, then I would say that CNN got their money’s worth.

edit on 2/28/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh no! Public speakers write down what they are going to say before saying it! Say it ain't so! This is a practice that has only predate television by millenniums and all, but hey because news anchors do it THAT makes it an "inconvenient truth."

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah well that is what they call SCRIPTING.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join