It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity concede CNN 'scripting' story was bogus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Did Fox news get spooked by the possibility of legal action after reporting CNN's Town Hall was scripted? I think so. Wonder if members on herewill man up and do the same?

Two popular Fox News hosts finally issued corrections Tuesday night for comments made on their shows last week suggesting CNN was forcing students to ask scripted questions at a town hall that aired following the deadly mass shooting at the high school in Parkland, Fla.

First up was Tucker Carlson, who hosted 17-year-old shooting survivor Colton Haab on his show last week. After saying the initial response of the Haab family was “they were being slandered by CNN,” Carlson conceded that CNN did not appear to give Haab a scripted question.

Hannity:

Next up Tuesday was Sean Hannity, who also promoted Haab’s story. Near the end of his show, Hannity offered a “quick update” to set the record straight, noting, “Our job is always to strive for the truth and we want to correct the record.”

The hosts’ comments (and the subsequent criticism of CNN on Fox News and conservative websites throughout the week) were based on statements made by Haab, who declined an invitation to CNN’s town hall and claimed the network was trying to force him to ask a question he didn’t provide himself.

www.philly.com...

Again for those of you unfamiliar (we had a big thread on here about it you know), Colton Haab (Parkland survivor) told Fox News' Tucker Carlson last Thursday that a CNN producer rewrote a question for Haab to ask at the network's town hall-style event on Wednesday. Colton supposedly did not feel comfortable attending because of this. I posted a thread later on reports from news outlets revealing the Haab family released what appeared to be doctored emails.

CNN's version of the email:

Haab's version of the email:

The email released by Glenn Haab, the father of Colton, had indications of being edited. Both emails varied differently. Once this was released the Haab family were reached out to provide the original emails to which there was no further response from them. Fast forward and here we are. Why did the Haab family lie? It's anybody's guess. The prospect of political fame and money will do that to you.

Lie, rinse, repeat.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Doesn't matter.

21 to buy a gun too young to push political agendas.

Your not going to have it both ways.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Cnn are liars, we were all here for the election. They overplayed their hand.

Why are you on here backing up liars?

They deserve third phase status here.

Twitter bots are the only one backing these liars.

Do you want the reputation of defending liars?

Are you so into political parties that you would back proven liars?

It's honestly pretty disturbing.

Do you know what a sleight of hand is?

Do you know what the Smith mundt act did?

Lie, rinse, repeat, is a pretty ironic statement SG.

edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: sp

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I logged on specifically to post this, but you beat me to it. Good stuff though. Bout time Fox News has to admit to lying and sensationalizing a story.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Let me guess you just read the acronym "CNN" in the title and then immediately hit the reply to button without reading any further, because what you typed there suggests you didn't read a word of the OP. Hell I doubt you even read the title to the thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's more disturbing you are 2 thumbs upping the news lying because you think they are against your team.

Seriously people, they are all bought and paid for, can we move past this waste of time arguing parties?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Doesn’t matter people will just double down, you can’t challenge their preconceived notions.

Not that CNN doesn’t lie, just that they didn’t this time.

link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Cnn are liars, we were all here for the election. They overplayed their hand.

It's honestly pretty disturbing.

Do you know what a sleight of hand is?

Lie, rinse, repeat, is a pretty ironic statement SG.

smith-mundt act again?.....doesn't apply, why you ask?...the internet, short wave radio, world-wide phone connections just to name a few

link   

Kepp guessing Krazy, some day you may be right.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It's more disturbing you are 2 thumbs upping the news lying because you think they are against your team.

I'm two thumbs upping that a notorious propaganda outlet is finally showing a bit of accountability for sensationalizing a story and slandering another news organization. I'm not celebrating the fact that they lied in the first place... Sheesh...

Seriously people, they are all bought and paid for, can we move past this waste of time arguing parties?

No one said anything about parties except you. Neither Fox News nor CNN are political parties. They are news organizations. Learn the difference.
edit on 28-2-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yeah the sm act doesn't apply, neither did the truth in media, or allowing the media to be bought and condensed by Clinton.

All this BS is DIRECT result of those actions.

And, yes, why should I read past anyting after CNN?

Maybe they turned honest this time?

Psh

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Do you? The Smith-Mundt Act had absolutely no bearing on CNN, Fox, etc — it only covered government made propaganda al a Voice of America, Radio Free Europe, etc.

Because you care about liars.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

UGH. IF ONLY THAT WERE TRUE. 😡

Out in real-life land, there are many people who still watch and believe CNN and all of the other propaganda TV news and print news.

Here on conspiracy theory website land, it can seem like the jig is up and that bots are the only ones supporting CNN, but unfortunately most of the public is not here in conspiracy theory website land. I pray they get here soon, though it's pretty hard to keep up any hope for that.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Are those standards I see? No, they're double standards, because we know you won't hold this or any other standards towards whatever organizations you find consensus with.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What is this strange power cnn wields?

They make youtube pull videos from jones and dean

now they manhandle fox

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Bud, we've all been on here long enough to know each others party stancees and how they correlate to each response when each article is talked about.

It's annoying.

ATS needs some fresh meat.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm two thumbs upping that a notorious propaganda outlet is finally showing a bit of accountability for sensationalizing a story and slandering another news organization. I'm not celebrating the fact that they lied in the first place... Sheesh...

. Neither Fox News nor CNN are political parties. They are news organizations. Learn the difference.

Oh, yes they are. They are just parading as "news organizations." Are you seriously calling them "news organizations?"

What you say- that USED to be the case. Decades ago. But somewhere along the way, the news organizations were infiltrated and bought, and havent been news organizations since. Surely you know this, right?

ETA: Darn it, I dleted the sentence I was replying to, so my post a) looks wacky and b) doesn't make sense.

I was replying to the comment made that "CNN etc. Are not political parties, they are news organizations."
edit on 28-2-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
CNN is the "Most trusted name in news"

lol

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Prove it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Bud, we've all been on here long enough to know each others party stancees and how they correlate to each response when each article is talked about.

It's annoying.

ATS needs some fresh meat.

So that excuses you from deflecting then complaining about that very deflection? Lol.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join